Maaya's dad?

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I don't think he is otherwise there would be a lot more publicity surrounding her, like when Seiko Matsuda's daughter released her first single there was loads of promotion. Not for Maaya-san :cry:

So it would be nice but I don't think it's true. Welcome to the board though.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Yes, that's wrong, there are a lot of "Sakamoto" in Japan.
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

:lol: thats the first time i heard of ryuichi.... sounds like yamazaki from king of fighters >_>

but true to the confusing, i remember friends bringing me stuff about sakamoto miu... and i was "what the??" XD

Still... never had an urge to go into maaya's family tree.... (makes me wonder if she has a sister :D ).... but, i would not really want to bother, in the fact that i do really like maaya (as a musician/artist/actress/XD), i usually think its a bit rude to go to an extreme in wich you know more about the person than them.

(...i think im out of topic here... chibi goes to makes new topic :| )

PS... whats this icon? :maayadrool: <--- um... at least chage her expression :P
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
kaijyuu_m

Post by kaijyuu_m »

AFAIK Sakamoto's father works in the theatre industry doing behind-the-scenes work. (I think he's involved mainly with lighting?)

The singer Sakamoto *Miu* is the daughter of the world-reknown composer/musician Sakamoto Ryuichi (and ex-wife/singer Yano Akiko).

Very similar names though. Confusing, eh?

BTW -- Sakamoto has an older brother.
Sora

Post by Sora »

The first time I heard about Maaya's father was on Kawagu's website (Music File of Maaya Sakamoto ; a great site for guitar chords... until he decided one day to delete all T_T). As kaijyuu_m said, Maaya's father has a work related to theatre (that's right, lighting :) ; the fact that Maaya loves theatre and movies today is partly due to this :)

If you know Japanese, you can also try I.D. website ; her father has been interviewed in 2002 for the "12nin no Yasashii Hitotachi" section :)

Thinking of his lighting work, I know understand more one of his answer (for the interview) :

"If you had to compare Maaya Sakamoto to something..?
I would compare her to light. A Sunlight which stares at the Earth with a colorless and transparent light. If you analyse it, the sunlight contains all lights.
"

(Maybe the title "Hikari Are" was influenced by this..? ;)
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/