Translations

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Hale

Post by Hale »

[quote="gradualpetrify"]seems like her teacher gave her some challenge and after she did it she got no reaction about how well she did. she must give GRADES like me on this site here lol thatll work.
[/quote]

Just my opinion but I've never liked grades XD;

It's like saying that kid who scored only 20% during high school will never be successful when we know we've got a fair number of successfull high school dropouts.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

oooh you dont like my style of judging. my "grades" are not a certificate or anything. its just if i like a song or not. that so called teachers should give advise its their job. sharing experience. no master has ever fallen from the sky.
Hale

Post by Hale »

[quote="gradualpetrify"]oooh you dont like my style of judging. my "grades" are not a certificate or anything. its just if i like a song or not. that so called teachers should give advise its their job. sharing experience. no master has ever fallen from the sky.[/quote]

It's not that I don't like your style of grading, I've just never liked grading to begin with >_>; for myself, everyone is equal and different songs mean different things to different people, the only thing I'm really interested in is whether you like the song or not.

For instance, I recently ran across a blog that hated Kazamidori from Kazeyomi yet it's my favorite Maaya song so far by far. In other words, I judged/graded this song differently from the person who wrote the blog but both his grade/judgement is correct so why have grades to begin with?

Sidenote: sorry for being so.. philosophical? or whatnot XD; it's just a pet peeve of mine.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

lol i just use this funny grade stuff because the topic is which is your fav album so i need to find it our very detailed :) i dont want to play teacher. maaya is the teacher im just the student.

its just fun fun fun to sit there for hours and hours checking out every sentence and every instrument. lets call it a hobby. lets call it the work of a lifetime! xD *deep-drawn sigh*

and i didnt mean it too seriously to give grades to a kids first day in a theatre as the little "lol" indicated. i thought i figured out from reading the story that little maaya wanted some advise. grabbing the little hand of a kid psychically is a bit necessary.

hmm kazamidori is your fav song? ah i dont want to spoiler what i think about the song i still need to write funny grade-stuff about kazeyomi xD
Hale

Post by Hale »

[quote="gradualpetrify"]hmm kazamidori is your fav song? ah i dont want to spoiler what i think about the song i still need to write funny grade-stuff about kazeyomi xD[/quote]

Don't give it a bad grade just because of this :P

Also I like it because I feel it fits what I think of Maaya very well in addition to being a nice song. :3
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Sorry it's taken me so long for the next part, moved back from Japan and have been settling in. I.e. super busy real life -_-;;

Part 3 of 'When I was a Child Star' from Maaya's essay book!

http://maayasakamoto.blogspot.com/2009/ ... -star.html
Hale

Post by Hale »

<i>On top of this because we couldn’t reach the microphones we had to stand on fruit boxes or telephone books.</i>

awww I never thought they would really do that. :D

<i>Although this is truly convenient and I’m glad of it, it feels as if because of that ease the sense of guilt about making a mistake has disappeared somewhat</i>

I guess Maaya's the type to work best under pressure? O.o;

<i>Why didn’t I want to appear on TV? I really hated the “I saw you on TV!” and “Get that famous person’s autograph for me!” ...</i>

Poor Maaya XD;

<i>That a girl who joined a theatre group out of her own wishes didn’t want to stand out from the crowd…what a selfish statement. </i>

I really like this ending statement for some reason.

As always, thanks for translating Dilly!
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

what the hell. you goin to jp 10 times a year or what? are you rich or somthin? you bought a concert ticket for me? xD cool thanx

maybe they just sent the kids to some places early because they didnt think too serioulsy about it if they alrdy could do everything perfectly. the komadori method is kind!!! and they were still lacking members? damn i shouldve joined!

ah she likes dubbing real movies most. damn i like the music most @.@

"I don’t remember exactly when my back stopped being pressed and I became able to do it by myself. When I realised , my teacher had already disappeared from my side." yes yes... its the nature of human to realize something when it alrdy happened.

"Why didn’t I want to appear on TV? I really hated the “I saw you on TV!” and “Get that famous person’s autograph for me!"" cmon maaya you were just jealous that it wasnt you they wanted autographs from :wink:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Here's the next part of Maaya's essay 'When I was a Child Star' and in this part she introduces us to the person who helped shape her life at Group Komadori.

I.D Essay Book - When I was a Child Star (Part 4)
http://maayasakamoto.blogspot.com/2009/ ... ar_31.html
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

thanks dilly, happy new year..
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
deltafour

Official site English mirror

Post by deltafour »

My "secret" project for 2010 is making an English mirror of Maaya's official web site:

http://sakamotomaaya.com/

Most of the critical pages like news are done, and I've just started working through the I.D. essays, from oldest to newest. (Hopefully I don't get shut down by FlyingDog for copyright infringement.)

Is anyone interested in contributing non-English translations? Is this whole idea useful to anyone at all?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

...woah, that's insane! Well done 0_0 what ambition!!!! I'm really happy you're working on it though, I've always thought Maaya had enough international fans to support an English language official page. If you don't mind I'll link to it from my blog :D
dylanrevisited

Post by dylanrevisited »

great work with the fan official english site!!! =), it looks very cool <3
We always did feel the same,
We just saw it
from a different point of view,
Tangled up in blue
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

crazy shit!! XD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="dillpops"]I've always thought Maaya had enough international fans to support an English language official page.[/quote]

My thoughts precisely! I'd love to see a collaborative effort for accumulating translations of Maaya's works into not only English, but every language spoken by her fans.

[quote="dillpops"]If you don't mind I'll link to it from my blog :D [/quote]

Thanks! I'm working on a quick about/blog page to go with the site mirror, so I'll definitely link back to you from there to return the favor.