Translations

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
kiseki_hero

Re: Translations

Post by kiseki_hero »

I'm new here and probably it's wrong write first here, but just want to let you know that the website sakamotomaaya.com (of deltafour) is down. : ( I was hoping someone could help me, I really wanted to re-read Maaya's old blog entires; I wonder if someone saved the translations and can share it with me. ;___;
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

kiseki_hero wrote:I'm new here and probably it's wrong write first here, but just want to let you know that the website sakamotomaaya.com (of deltafour) is down. : ( I was hoping someone could help me, I really wanted to re-read Maaya's old blog entires; I wonder if someone saved the translations and can share it with me. ;___;
Looks like it's been saved by The Internet Archive:
https://web-beta.archive.org/web/201603 ... ive/the-id
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I kinda like how she (Maaya neechan) blog during her early days, I still remember some words from it. Its translated, might be some elements are lost during translations (which is true), but in some light I think she lived an ordinary shoujou life before going full gear into the musical industry after finishing school.

In terms of fans, I think she was aware of international fans but were more closer with the ones in Japan. Lol I think after reading her blog post, I had to give up some wishes to be her fan, and just become an overseer XD

Maybe because we are still invisible to her (even after all these years haha)
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

It's been a while since we have seen Deltafour here, but I hope this is just temporary...
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Hi y'all! It must have seemed like I vanished from radar several years ago. I happened to check sakamotomaaya.com the other day and saw that it was down. Sorry about that! It had been running on autopilot, untouched for a long time and still powered by an old Textpattern version on some shared server. A PHP update probably broke it. Anyway, I grabbed a static copy of everything and moved it over to an S3 bucket in AWS, where it will now live in perpetuity. Everything should be there, and the URLs should all be the same as they were before. As before, it's permanently in "archive" mode; I don't have any plans to add translations or make changes. It's frustrating to me that many of the translation series are still incomplete and will remain so, but that's the way things are.

As far as why I haven't been around, the short story is that life happened. The long story is that six years ago I met the girl I would eventually marry and start a family with. We've been married for almost five years now and have two daughters with a third on the way. Combined with a change in employment five years ago (to a job that ironically sent us to Tokyo for two years), I just haven't had time to keep up with Maaya like I did when I was single and working a job that had a lot of downtime ripe for filling with translation and practicing Japanese. And so it has been (and continues to be) through the present.

I'm glad to see that others are continuing to carry the baton in my absence. It's great to see the community still together after so long. One of these days I need to catch up on everything I've missed!
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

glad to hear from you deltafour! did you have a chance to go see a live while in Tokyo?