Translations

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

O.K., I translated Maaya's I.D. entries for 1999. I was thinking I would do the year 2000 next. I'm also going to get her latest FC newsletter translated sometime this month (time permitting). I changed the title of this thread to "Translations" since I guess all translations will be put in here from now on.
・・・I.D. Koujou Iinkai (I.D. Improvement Committee) : 1999.11.26

"I.D" is the title of this page, but it was also used as the title of the first track of my second album "DIVE".

Since then I've come to like the word, and the title of my radio programme (currently airing on NACK5!) is also "I.D.". "I.D. Improvement Committee" is a phrase that came up on my radio programme, but I don't really get it.

I think it refers to me and my staff discussing the improvement of the programme.
So, since this page is also titled "I.D.", it's a joint committee that bolsters the other.

I'm going to convey many things through this page to everyone, so, please, check back often.

Now, "I.D." means identity, and I recall learning it during a high school class. But at that time, I read it and didn't understand it very well, but I think it was an important word, to the extent that it would come up on tests. And now, I think about "identity".

Every day I attend university while also working. It was the same for me during elementary school, middle school, and high school. So it doesn't really feel difficult to me. On the contrary, the busier I am, the more I feel like doing homework, and I think work and school work well as a combination for me. However, if there's one thing that trips me up, it's all the different "faces" I have at each place. My face at the theatre, my face as a singer, my face as a student, my face as a young woman. All of them are definitely me, but they all differ slightly, without a conscious effort on my part. It's the question that everyone contemplates at least once: "What is my true self?"
I have also struggled with this question. The me I think I am, the me people see me as, the me I want to be, the me people want me to be .... I have thought that there is a gap between all of these things. If I say something like, "I'm not myself" -- well, I don't really know what is like myself. Nonetheless, people will say things like that to me, as if they knew everything about me.
One time, I wrote some lyrics. I was at a lake among the mountains. At night, I went outside to breathe in the outdoor air. And it was very dark, and all I could see were the stars. As I stared at the stars, it seemed as if they were increasing in number. I'm small. The sky is big. And then it all came to me. Those lyrics became the song "I.D."
This doesn't mean that I resolved anything, just that I felt that I had been able to accept all of myself. Which one is the true me? -- the true me is ultimately none other than the me that is here now.
Within my various selves I hold "I.D.". Put simply, no matter how pitiable my current self is, no matter how much I dislike it, that is the true me.
So, I have to improve that pitiable self. Thus you could say that "I.D. Improvement Committee" is a committee for improving myself. No matter what people think, I want to live for myself.

I want to make myself happy. In order to do that, I want to improve myself and enjoy life.
Then, I also want to make other people happy, but I will talk about that another time ....

I look forward to my next theme.
See you again.

*maaya*
・・・I.D. Koujou Iinkai (I.D. Improvement Committee): 1999.12.10

Theme: "December"

Here we are again. It's December, so the topic is December. Easy. Still, writing this will difficult. I don't really have much of a connection with December.
I've never felt December to be that busy. I think that when I'm a full-fledged member of society, I'll feel it, but I'm still a student. But if pressed, I would say that when a lot of construction begins to take place, I think, "Ah, it's December."

Now, as for songs that make me think of December, it's Unicorn's "Yuki ga Furu Machi". (”Town Where It's Snowing")
I listen to this song at the end of every year.
I've liked Unicorn for a long time. I wonder if I heard them for the first time in middle school. I think it was elementary school. I also listen to <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/Tamio_Okuda">Okuda Tamio</a>-san's songs a lot. I love them. When I was a high school student, on the way to school I would always pass this CD store, and in the window there was a poster of Okuda-san. I really wanted it, and I even planned to hang it in my classroom. So I went in the CD store and made a request to the clerk. "If you ever get rid of that poster, I'd like to have it," I said. But they told me that someone had already reserved it. It was really too bad. Okuda-san is really popular.
Music and memory are deeply connected. I think that everyone has a song that brings back memories when they listen to it. In my case, my elementary school memory song is <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Hearts">Blue Hearts</a>' "Aozora". My middle school song is Queen's "Somebody to Love", and my high school song is <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chara_%28s ... hara</a>'s "Break These Chains". By the way, my number one love memory song is <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsutoya_Yumi">Matsutouya Yumi'</a>s "HELLO MY FRIEND". It makes me remember.
However, when I think of how people are listening to my songs and having memories associated with them, it's strange. To think that there are hundreds of memories attached to my songs, and, because of that, everyone will hear those songs in very different ways.

This has strayed from the theme of December, but, anyway, my pattern every year is to spend Christmas leisurely with "Yuki ga Furu Machi". Rather than thinking of this as a busy season, it's actually the most relaxed, free time for me. In mid-December my holiday begins, so I go shopping, see movies, see plays ....
I also have a lot of plans with friends this year.
I wonder if I'll start to think of December as busy when I become an adult.
Now, in December my CD goes on sale, "Single Collection Hachipochi". There's a lot of stuff on it.
It's the crystal of my teen years. It's my treasure. Please listen to it.
Look forward to it.

*maaya*
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I just finished up the first part of the MaayaxOosumi Masaki interview but then the turds posted up a new part haha, oh well:

http://maayasakamoto.blogspot.com

Thanks for the translations of her blog harmonium ^__^ love you!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

love u girls more!!

1999?? kawaii maaya.. it's still hashiru day,, :oops: hmm no, mybe one or two years after that :roll:

just remembered I.D's melodt. it was such an cherry blossom song.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Thanks Harmonium.
Reading Maaya's massage from '99 feels like reading a old letter. That's the year I first heard her too.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

Recent news update on Maaya's site:
Hot News (2/04)

◎ Recent Tears
"Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium", the movie for which I dubbed Natalie Portman, will open on February 16th. I saw the dub I completed at a private viewing. And I cried. This movie is really wonderful! I really want you to see it at the theatre, especially girls of my age!! Definitely see it!!
◎ Recent Art Appreciation
I saw the movie "Earth". I'm reading so much right now that I couldn't write it all down here. Also, I went to Angela Aki's concert.
◎ Recent Cooking
My skills have increased to a scary degree, and I think my woman quotient is going up, if I do say so myself. I make onion dressing, and I also make misozuke with various vegetables and tofu.
◎ Recent Pains
I was just trying to open the lid of a condiment, and I broke off half my thumbnail. They're formidable, those lids!! Maybe it's because I lack calcium .... Everyone, you be careful, too ....
◎ Recent Recording
I'm recording a new song! Wait for further information!
Edited to correct bit about her thumb nail. Realised thanks to your post, dillpops. (How could I have missed 爪? :cry: )
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Mr Magorium is a lame ass film.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="misssakura"]Mr Magorium is a lame ass film.[/quote]

I didn't see it, but that's what I heard. I guess Maaya's got to promote it since she's in it. Although I read that Natalie Portman made this film tolerable, even if it was mostly crap.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="harmonium"]Recent news update on Maaya's site:
I really want you to see it at the theatre, especially girls of my age !![/quote]

YES XD

[quote="harmonium"]Also, I went to Angela Aki's concert. [/quote]

Again !! wow
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

She must like Aki a lot. This is the second concert she's gone to.
She sounds like a older sister sometimes;"you be careful, too", and cooking, mmm Maaya cooking japanese food, mmmm.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I think it's gorss about her thumb nail 0_o I just imagine it ripping off in half or something XD
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Every good cook puts a little bit of themselves into their dishes, Maaya just does it literally.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

whose thumbnail dilly??

scary,, i won't be scary at all if maaya cook a meal for me.. definitely won't..
◎ Recent Recording
I'm recording a new song! Wait for further information!
i hope maaya could read my mind right now..
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Oh wow, from 1999. I hadn't realized she was still attending college even while working as a seiyuu and putting out albums. crazy! But yeah, in 99 she was 19. (I just realized her birth year is 1980, making it really easy to calculate her age.)

Come to think of it, I remember reading somewhere what degree she got in college. Does anyone know? Wikipedia has zip to say on the subject.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I remember reading that too. Wasn't it classical literature or something useless?
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Says Bachelor of sociology on wiki.