Translations

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Gyaaaahhh tired

Chizu to Tegami to Koi no Uta April 14th 2007

An old Chizu radio show here, the second one EVER! It's the full thing (all ten minutes of it haha) translated. Enjoy! I don't think I'll ever get around to doing the 20 minute long ones, this took me 2 hours :P
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Another full radio show translation:

Chizu to Tegami to Koi no Uta - 21st April 2007

The third show EVER! So, the first three episodes are translated in full now. Woo. Enjoy!
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I'll give an 'A' for the hard work dilly :)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thanks Imurann :D
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Has Maaya's podcast stopped? I notice it hasn't been updated in a while.
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

It has been updated (last is 1月25日), but the mp3-link on the page disappeared, there is only ITunes and RSS link.
If you use FF you can use the RSS bookmark: klick -> save to HD
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

LOL almost had a heart attack when Frecklegirl posted that, then realised I had one from this Sunday just gone so it couldn't have stopped unless it was some kind of phantom show. I wonder why they got rid of the mp3. Maybe no one used it?
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

It had disappeared before. Bu only for 2 weeks. Perhaps they are updating?
I hope it. It was the easiest way...
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Ahh, it turns out my iTunes feed for the podcast had a "!" icon like it had been discontinued, but I refreshed it just now and there are a bunch of episodes that never got downloaded. So never mind, sorry to worry you dilly!

I finished my translations of Maaya's comments on each song! I went ahead and left the Japanese in just in case anyone wants to compare.
01.Vento
エスペラント語で歌っています。エスペラント語とは世界のすべての人の第二外国語として発明された言語です。「Vento」とは、「風」の意。
I’m singing in Esperanto. Esperanto is a language invented to be everyone in the world’s second language. “Vento” means “Wind.”

02.トライアングラー [Triangular]
昨年のシングル。三角関係を題材にした過激な歌詞をこんだけアグレッシブに歌い上げるとは、斬新すぎましたが売れました。
Last year’s single. Singing so aggressively at the top of my voice the extreme lyrics done on the theme of a love triangle was too original and it sold well.

03. 風待ちジェット~kazeyomi edition [Kazemachi Jet~kazeyomi edition]
06年のシングルを改めて鈴木祥子さんのアレンジでレコーディング。祥子さんと一緒にブースに入って歌ったコーラスが気持ちいい!
’06’s single recorded anew with Shouko Suzuki-san’s arrangement. The choir that sang in the booth together with Shouko-san was great!

04.Remedy
この曲を歌ってるとき本当に涙がぼろぼろでました。なんでだろう?とにかく、自分で自分を初めて許してあげられたような、そんな気がする曲なんです。
When I’m singing this song I’ve really cried my eyes out. Why is that? At any rate, it’s a song that feels like it’s about being able to let yourself do something for the first time.

05.雨が降る [Ame ga furu]
昨年のシングルその2。この曲を歌って以来、雨の日が前より好きになった気がします。ちなみに私は晴れ女です。
Last year’s single #2. Since singing this song, I feel like I’ve come to like rainy days more than before. Incidentally, I’m a clear-weather girl.

06.Get No Satisfaction!
弦、早っ!「いきなり加速しちゃって、後頭部でGを感じるようなアレンジでお願いします」という私のお願いを見事に叶えてくれた河野さんに感謝です。
Fast strings! My gratitude to Kouno-san for magnificently granting my wish when I said “Please create an arrangement that suddenly accelerates and you feel the G in the back of your head.”

07.蒼のエーテル [Ao no Ether]
私が作詞した「マクロスF」の挿入歌をセルフカバー。菅野よう子さんのピアノと一緒にレコーディング。この曲は2人きりで成立させることにこだわりました。
A self-cover of the background music I wrote the lyrics to for “Macross F.” It’s recorded with Yoko Kanno-san on piano. This song was fixated on the idea of just two people being brought into existence.

08.失恋カフェ [Shitsuren Cafe]
おお、ちょいラテンなギターがかなり新鮮。懐かしいような新しいような。そこがミソ!今のところ、雑誌の取材でお会いするライターさんからの人気ナンバーワンソングがこれ。
Ohh, the rather Latin guitar is quite fresh. Kind of nostalgic, kind of new. That’s the point! At present, according to a magazine writer I met when he interviewed me, the popular number-one song [from the album] is this.

09.SONIC BOOM
“王道”と言えるようなポップスをたくさん集めたアルバムにしたいという私のイメージに、忠実に応えてくださった市川さん。市川さんも「僕史上最高傑作」とまで言ってくれました!
Ichikawa-san faithfully lived up to my image of someone who’s collected a lot of sort of “majestic” pop albums. Ichikawa-san too even said “I think this is, historically, my greatest work!”

10.ピーナッツ [Peanuts]
雑誌の取材で「なんでピーナッツなんですか?」と聞かれる率ほぼ100%。聞かないで…。ちなみにクラップのグループ名に注目。
The chances of getting asked “Why the name Peanuts?” by a magazine interviewer is roughly 100%. Don’t ask me... by the way, pay attention to the group of people clapping.

11.さいごの果実 [Saigo no Kajitsu]
一昨年のシングル。今聴いても良い!アルバムを作っている間はしばらく聴いていなかったけど、最後に並べてみたとき素直にそう思いました。この曲、だいすきです。
The year before last’s single. Still good even listening to it now! Though I didn’t listen to it much at all until I started making the album, when I finally lined it up I thought it seemed very honest. I love this song.

12.Colors
久しぶりのTimによる作詞。最高です。歌詞もアレンジももちろん曲も、最高です。宇宙だし、海だし、夜だし、昼。奇跡の色彩の、その音を聴いてください。あっ、今掘さんのギターMVPです!
Song lyrics from Tim, it’s been a while. This is the best. The lyrics, the arrangement, and of course the song, they’re all the best. It’s got the universe, the ocean, night, daytime. Please listen to the sound of the colors of miracles. Ohh, Imahori-san’s guitar is MVP!

13.カザミドリ [Kazamidori]
横田はるなさんのメロディを初めて聴いたその瞬間に、歌詞もできてしまいました。電撃的な出会いの1曲です。渡辺さんのアレンジがまた男気に溢れ、すさまじくかっこいいです。この曲を歌うために生まれたと、真剣に思ってしまいました。
At the moment when I first heard Haruna Yokota-san’s melody, I was able to get the song lyrics done too. This is one song about an electrifying encounter. Watanabe-san’s arrangement again overflows with a male presence, it’s amazingly cool. I seriously think that I was born to sing this song.

14.ギター弾きになりたいな [Guitar Hiki ni Naritai na]
「ギター弾きになりたいな」 平和です。静かで穏やかです。人の肌の温度を感じます。大きくて壮大な曲もいっぱいあるけど、あくまで日常を生きてる感じを忘れたくない、だからこんなふうに終わりたいアルバムだったのです。
“I Wanna Be a Guitar Player” is peaceful. It’s quiet and calm. You feel it in your skin’s temperature. Though there are lots of big grand songs too, I don’t want to forget the feeling of living every day ’til the bitter end, so that’s why I wanted to close the album this way.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Frecklegirl, can I translate this in french and put it in my website, please ?
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Of course!
Aria

Post by Aria »

Thank you for your hard work on translating Remedy frecklegirl! (I just checked your site now. ^_^; ) I love your translations and I'm looking forward to when the whole album is translated. Keep up the awesome work!
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

Oh Thanks! I was going to de-dust my Kanjibook for the Comments. ^^

They should include the text in digital so that rikaichan can work.

No wait, that makes no sense, than they could include an translation, too :D
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Sometimes I wonder whether we should volunteer to maintain Maaya's official site in English, do you think that would ever take off? XD
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="frecklegirl"]Of course![/quote]

:3