Translations

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Not that many here speaks Finnish... a Finnish translation of the Fukuoka one:[quote="・・・the id : 2007.10.2"]
Kirje Fukuokasta.

Tokiossa kuulemma sataa edelleen. Syksy on viimein tullut.

Olen Hakatazan teatterissa Fukuokassa, esiintyen Les Misissä.
Kesän tuoksu on vielä täkäläisessä ilmassa. Aurinko valaisee kirkkaasti ja yölläkin on lämmintä. Toin syysvaatteita mukanani, mutta niistä ei ole paljoa iloa tässä säässä.

Matkailu muualle näytelmien mukana tuntuu retkeilyltä, joten se on hauskaa, ja täällä Fukuokassa on monia herkullisia ruokia, joten olen kuin taivaassa ... tai olisin, jos en olisi täällä työn takia, jonka vuoksi en ole voinut pitää hauskaa ja siksi on raskasta.

Mutta eilen menimme näyttelijöiden ja muun henkilöstön kanssa erääseen keskellä peltoa olevaan liikkeeseen. Se oli kohtalokas tapaaminen. Haluaisin kuvailla miten liikuttunut olin, mutta luulen että tuntemani ylittää kuvittelemasi rajat. Vaikka ruoka olikin hyvää, niin se ei ollut vain siitä kiinni. Miten tämän muotoilisin -- siellä oli aivan mahtava ilmapiiri, kuin ihmisten ajatukset, kuin kaikki maailman elämä olisi pakkautunut sinne. Tähtien alla, rauhallisten vuorten ympäröimänä ... sydämeni pohjasta ajattelin, että 'tämä on sitä, mikä tekee ihmiset iloiseksi!'
Näin mahtavan paikan kokeminen ja niiden syvien siteiden miettiminen yhdessä siellä olleiden ihmisten kanssa oli niin mystinen kokemus, että haluaisin itkeä.
Tämä tapaaminen oli yksi niistä asioista, joista olen kiitollinen Les Misille.

Se oli hetki jolloin vannoin uudelleen tekeväni parhaani koko kuun ajan ja antaakseni kaikkini tehdäkseni näytelmästä loisteliaan.
Silti ajanjaksot joita pidät pitkinä voivat olla ohitse ennen kuin huomaatkaan.
Minulla on jäljellä vielä noin 20 "Les Mis" -esiintymistä vuoden 2007 puolella. Tuona rajoitettuna aikana teen kaikkeni saavuttaakseni jotakin arvokasta. Ja haluan viettää päiväni tuntien kiitollisuutta arvokkaita ystäviäni kohtaan jotka ovat aina vierelläni, kuin myös niille ihmisille jotka eivät ole vierelläni, mutta katsovat ylös samaa taivasta kuin minäkin.

Näitä pohdin pitkänä syysiltana, sen pituinen se.
Jatkoa tulee myöhemmin.

Fukuokan taivaan alta,

*maaya*[/quote]

I probably left in some minor errors due to only translating from English and not using the original for additional help, but since I'm using Firefox beta version and RikaiChan doesn't work I didn't bother with it. And not that many Finns will read this anyway...
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

[quote="Kaimugen"]
Speaking of which, Sakura, did you guys get hit hard? It just got cold and wet here.[/quote]
It wasn't too bad, today was the Sir Edmund Hillary funeral at the top of the road we live on so people got hardcore rained on. :evil:

Awesome for you to translate that into finnish Merri, I'm sure there are people out there who will appreciate it...
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I take it you didn't go to the funeral.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

quiet students!! now merri-sempai's giving us a finnish language tutor. open chapter 4 which sez, "Maaya Sakamoto: Lyrics, Poems, Journal and Opera"
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I left my textbook at home. Can I borrow yours? (and your homework)
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

[quote="Kaimugen"]I take it you didn't go to the funeral.[/quote]

Went to see the hearse drive out. The funeral was sooo boring though, we streamed it on the internet.

*beats beaten by kirei for not paying attention and going off topic*
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Hmm, should I make this topic a sticky so the translations don't get lost? How about a translation thread....?

(on the topic of translation I posted a little bit of an interview Maaya did with some guy on my blog)
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

I'm glad to have helped with the translations. I just got my first fanclub newsletter recently (my first time in the FC :maaya :) , and I was thinking I would translate that, too. Are there any translations of the FC letters? I haven't seen any, except for the translation of the welcome letter on Megumi's site.

@dillpops: I didn't really do them so fast. I took about a week to get them to where they are, heh. :oops:

And I agree that we should make this topic a sticky, or make an official translation thread, something to keep all translations together.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I have one that I got when I joined that used to be one my site, I should archive that too...
#F!

Post by #F! »

I'd like to thank for all these translations of this topic and also http://maayasakamoto.blogspot.com/ blog, which also was learned here in the forum. I found very cool learn more about Maaya-chan, since there are so few personal information about she, and I'll be waiting for more IDs!
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Yes, harmonium, definitely translate the IDS newsletters. I can't do it myself because they often don't have furigana yet have some difficult kanji (and I'm not a member anyway and can only look at scans when they're available).
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I made this thread into a sticky for now so we'll at least have some translations on record. I guess we could edit the title of the thread and make it into a general translations thread?
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i'd have nothing to say than to agree! hopefully there going to be more story of maaya,, it'll be a nice biography haha
Certe

Post by Certe »

yes, why not? ^^ that would be wonderful, wouldn't it?
at least I can speak/read English, so Japanese won't be that necessary.XD
my currently favourite Maaya-song: Pilot

*(I'm very sorry for not visiting this forum so much^^')*
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yes, and in fact a lot of maaya's good site/blog there in japan.. and i don't even know what they're talking about. im so envy.. now at least i could begin to hope,,, or mybe just hoping too much haha