'Magic Number' - First Week Sales 13,457

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

oh lol now i know what the adds in the cd are. 1 of em is a postcard!
thats a strange postcard. hmm i think i know where to put the stamp but what else. my name, address and phone? they want to know if im a man or woman? lol why? is this a swingerclub? heeelp meee. we only got till 16nov right? what do they want to know from you in parenthesis? damn they pick on me. give me the address translated!

i like private sky too. when i listen to it the refrain of a song comes to my mind. tell me lies tell me sweet little lies haha.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I think they're in the first pressings only since you have to send in the postcards before a certain date. People preordering budokan tickets need to apply by the 16th of November, the postcards for the premium live have to be in by...the beginning of December.
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

[quote="dillpops"]I think they're in the first pressings only since you have to send in the postcards before a certain date. People preordering budokan tickets need to apply by the 16th of November, the postcards for the premium live have to be in by...the beginning of December.[/quote]
Aw okay~ Lol as if I could go to Japan for this concert anyway XD It'd be nice to know I have a choice other than 'no way' though lol.

Thanks for letting me know~

Just bought the single at yesasia, can't wait to get my copy! \o/ Will try my best not to listen to the downloads while I wait lol.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Gaaahhhh, you guys are going to see her again T_T

mmmmmoouuu~~!!
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
jason

Post by jason »

Looks like my CD Japan package containing Magic Number arrived at the local post office yesterday. Post office is closed today since it's Sunday, so I'll pick up my cds tomorrow.

To everyone on the forums planning to attend the Bokudan concert, good luck! For the rest of us, let's hope Victor Ent. / flying dog plans a dvd release of the concert. :)
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

Aaaaa yeah. Dvd release plox ;o;
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

The premium event and mini concert is in mid feb, might not be able to go to it. Is the date for Budoukan different? I really hope so, if it is in march I will be able to attend.

Kazamidori was the full band version, I was kind of hoping for the piano solo version.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's the last day of March = Maaya's birthday.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

First week sales:

13,457 copies
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Thats good then Dilly, I can still make it if the tickets are available. Couldn't take advantage of the Budoukan pre-order though, Magic number came right on the 16th.
Hale

Post by Hale »

[quote="dillpops"]First week sales:

13,457 copies[/quote]

How is this number anyway? :o Never paid much attention to sales numbers but it'd be nice to see that she's gaining in popularity or something @@

TL;DR version: Is this a good number or a bad one? :P
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

This week's 1st place is 431685 copies, 5th place is 30517, 18th place is 8670. (Maaya is at #12).
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

Yay my order finally got shipped today! (I ordered a novel and another Maaya single with it so it took time before it could be shipped.) Keeping myself away from Private Sky while it's not yet here lol.
Hale

Post by Hale »

[quote="roxfan"]This week's 1st place is 431685 copies, 5th place is 30517, 18th place is 8670. (Maaya is at #12).[/quote]

So not very good but not very bad either eh?

mmm Ganbate Maaya-san
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya's had higher selling singles before but I would say this is more average Maaya sales rather than bad sales. Triangler was exceptional in that it had the advantage of a very good commercial tie up (Macross!!) and Yoko Kanno involvement which would pull in extra sales.

Kobato is on a subscription TV channel (BS) so it's not as widely available to see and it's not like Maaya goes out of her way to promote her own singles XD

I'd say it's normal haha

Yakusoku wa Iranai 44
Kiseki no Umi 43
Hashiru 87
Purachina 21
Yubiwa 30
Shippo no Uta 39
Mameshiba 47
Hemisphere 22
gravity 23
tune the rainbow 9
LOOP 5
Kazemachi JET/SUPIKA 10

Here are some comparisons (sorry, I don't have the recent singles but they should be on this forum somewhere) the number indicates how high it got on the charts. I have a feeling Triangler was something like 5?...and the others hovered around the upper top ten/10-15 spots. You'll have to look back through the threads though.