'Magic Number' - First Week Sales 13,457

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
spoony

'Magic Number' - First Week Sales 13,457

Post by spoony »

There is a new anime coming out on October 6th called "Kobato." by CLAMP, and I just heard that Maaya Sakamoto will be doing the opening theme for it. Yay!

Megumi Nakajima (from Macross Frontier) will be doing the ending theme if you're interested :)
Aria

Post by Aria »

I just heard about this too! Looks like someone beat me to making a new thread though. ;)
Anyways, I came to post all my excitement. *takes a deep breath*
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! MAAYAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
^^
I'm the biggest fangirl of CLAMP and Maaya Sakamoto within a 80km radius and the thought of those two together just makes me estatic!
Goooooooo Kobato!!

(Megumi Nakajima is nice too. ^^)

[EDIT] In all my excitement, I forgot to mention that most of my excitement is the fact that it may be a new song. How many believe that will be the case? Or will it be a song from Kazeyomi? Somehow I don't think so...
spoony

Post by spoony »

Lol, yeah I'm a bit of a follower of CLAMP too, but more of a fan of Maaya and Yoko Kanno :D

I was also wondering if it was going to be a new song too, because they took Sonic Boom from Kazeyomi. I think it'll be new though, since Kazeyomi was released quite a while ago, and Maaya needs a new single!
jason

Post by jason »

FYI, the single is out 11/11. I also posted some other Maaya related news on my MS.net fansite.

Geez, this is Maaya's 8th single for a CLAMP anime.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
minchan_lucu

Post by minchan_lucu »

good news...
i like clamp n maaya...
hum hum hum
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

YAAAAAAAAY. I can't wait. This is the best year for being a Maaya fan EVER. Apart from the fact everything costs a bajillion pounds due to the bad exchange rate. I don't think we've ever had it this good. An album, a DVD, a single. Awesome.

Also....*breathe* I'm going to go to see Maaya in September!!!!! My friend who I now owe my life to has managed to get IDS fanclub tour tickets! I might cry when I go though XD maybe she'll sing this song!

By the way, Maaya's official site says on the news page that: "Next year, 2010, will be the 15th anniversary of Maaya's CD debut. Facing forward to this anniversary year this will be a powerful CD release!"

Sounds great. I wonder if there'll be any special packaging or something with it to commemorate her anniversary. They didn't do anything extra special for her 10 year anniversary so maybe they're making up for it now.

Super best collection in the near future?
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

AAAhhhh Dilly !!! I hope you'll see her T_T
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]By the way, Maaya's official site says on the news page that: "Next year, 2010, will be the 15th anniversary of Maaya's CD debut. Facing forward to this anniversary year this will be a powerful CD release!"

Sounds great. I wonder if there'll be any special packaging or something with it to commemorate her anniversary. They didn't do anything extra special for her 10 year anniversary so maybe they're making up for it now.

Super best collection in the near future?[/quote]
The IDS e-mail mentioned the same thing about the 15th anniversary. I'm hoping for a mini or full album (w/ Kanno please?) instead of another collection/compilation cd. Kazeyomi was partially a collection anyways. ;)
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Aria

Post by Aria »

That's superb dillpops!

Ah wow...so excited for this "powerful CD release!" :lol:
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

that's fantastic dilly!! at last...
*if u could post a pic of u with maaya will ya.. that'll be awesome as hell. :lol:
and to think about it.. when it'll be my turn... i wanna go too.. :cry:

*to the point that made me *now searching a master scholarship with seeing maaya in mind...

anyway, splendid news there!!! what's the title i wonder.. no news yet i guess.. yay! XD
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

You should bring Jerome and play some songs too \o/
itada19

Post by itada19 »

Wow! It's so cool!

You'll see her this september? superb!

>_<. I wanna go too!

(...mummy, i want to go there also...mwaaaaah!)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I edited the title of the thread, Maaya's site just updated:
Title: Magic Number
Release: 11/11/2009
Code: VTCL-35077
Price: ¥1,260

1.Magic Number (Theme of Kobato)
   Lyrics: Maaya 作曲・編曲:北川勝利 ストリングス編曲:河野 伸
2.Private Sky 
   Lyrics Composer:TABO Arrangement:Nakamura Taichi
3.kazamidori -Live Version- (2009.1.24 from Tokyo live)
4.Pocket wo kara ni shite -Live Version- (2009.1.24from Tokyo live)
So we get live tracks, eh? It also says the coupling track will be a three man band :D
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Aaaaah Dilly you're so fast T_T
Magic Number is a nice name !
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's an addiction more than anything else ^^;;

The little blurb on the single on ID also says that this will be the sparkling final release of Maaya's 20's (well, she'll be hitting the big 3-0 next year) and that the coupling will be a 'little' demonic rock number. ^^;;;

What does that mean? Finally letting her rock side show?