Maaya Sakamoto Radio Live, who heard it?

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Maaya Sakamoto Radio Live, who heard it?

Post by dillpops »

I did and I have to say, these are my favourite versions of the songs performed EVER! Especially 'Makiba Alice'! it was done superbly and the violinist was...just...incredible. The best maaya has ever sung live, she's really improved her vocals and the strength of her voice since those other live videos like '24' etc.

Which song did you like?
shirenu

Post by shirenu »

I did. :) I guess my favourite was/is either Danieru or Tune the Rainbow... That's probably because I'm most familiar with those two songs (out of the ones that were performed).

I agree, Maaya has improved a lot!
chibiNekomancer

No kidding! XD

Post by chibiNekomancer »

Do you mean the shounen alice unplugged???

I really hope you don't because i would love another performance like those XDDDDDDDDD

When the recordings were released i did not get enough of them; i find them all very good; but being more specific i loved the kingfisher girl guitar, and the acoustic uchuu no uta!

And the comments are very cute, tough i must admit, that sometimes i don't understand what sakamoto san is saying ^x^...

From her voice tuning: "feel you eyes of malice... burn a hole into heaven... cof cof... burns like gasoline... gasoline... " <-- more or less, i am very fond of this little piece she sings (acappella version anyone?). And the cast is presented in a original way (each with a different instrument, i assume they play).

I have to agree on the instrument play, for a live performance, they really outdid themselves to the degree that sometimes i like how did they played live, instead of the normal way. And of wich, sometimes i can't distinguish when it was live or if it was recorded!... (until i know they play even better live XD).

As for the othe live performances, can you tell me more about them?... i think i have some recordings, but no info on them ><. Or did you mean the videos of escaflowne live?? In either case, sakamoto san has really improved :)

EDIT: Im sorry... i don't want to bother with big posts ><
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Azusa

Post by Azusa »

hi all people ^^!

I've to say when before to listen did, Makiba Alice was the most dislike song in the Shounen Alice Album, but... thanks for this Unplugged is one of my favourites now XD!!!... the Violinist is the best in that song! only for That! XD

of course, my favourites are Hikare Are and Yoru :)

kisses for all ^^
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Hello everybody ^^;;;

I like Yoko's voice, she has such a little voice it's incredible ! she is 40 year old now, wouuuu she doesn't look so old lol

And my favourite song is Makiba Alice :wink:
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Hi!
Well, I really loved Tune the Rainbow and Makiba Alice. The violin in Makiba Alice was really the best. And can somebody translate me what they're saying at 35min46s, after Kingfisher girl? They all start laughing and I feel really stupid since I don't understand a word of that part :oops:
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

Heh - Makiba Alice is actually my favourite song on the album, together with Kingfisher Girl.
But my favourite song from Unplugged was... Tune The Rainbow, I'd say (they were all very good, though ^_^).

@bazaa: can't help you, unfortunately, my Japanese is verrrry limited (ehhh, very little vocabulary and just hiragana ^.^; ;) .
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

Hi! My favourite one was Tune the rainbow.. cause it's just an impressive version, it's really different from the original and the firts time I heard it I cried...
About the a capella version o Danieru ^^ I really really like how her voice sounded there.. it's amazing
mood

Post by mood »

oh yeah, the unplugged versions are great. i really like the guitar at the beginning of kingfisher girl. my favs are makiba alice and tune the rainbow, though :)
and yeah she has improved. but she still has to get better a bit :-D
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Yes she has problem with her voice, when she sing in concert it's not very beautiful because her voice is not "stable" (I don't know if it is the good word...) and she can't sing high.
But well she can just sing like she does, but I'm sure she can sing higher ^^
mood

Post by mood »

oh i also don't know how to use the right words, but i know what you mean, meg.
but her voice is beautiful anyway. and thank god there are studio recordings, ne?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I love these recordings, I must listen to them once a day. I agree that makiba alice was not one of my favourites at all, but after hearing unplugged I got hooked to it and now its one of my favourites.

the problem with maaya is she sings VERY quietly, a bit like emily curtis (whats it for). That means that she gets a very soft accurate pure voice on record.....live it doesn't translate as well. Although she sang louder in the radio live versions, she still sang very quietly. The loudest she sang was impromptu makiba alice in one fo the interview sessions, after some kanno prompting I believe o_o

So yeah....very very quiet singer.....must be hell for the people who set up the PA systems on live gigs :|

My favourite is hikari are XD Especially with yoko kanno counting in o_o;
sleep_rukawa

Post by sleep_rukawa »

It was my very first time to listen to her live performance!!! :lol:
I tihnk her live performance was really a great job!!
My favourite song in that show was Makiba Alice and King Fisher Girl!!
Yoru

Post by Yoru »

YORU! :lol: :maayagrin:
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

I really like to hear Maaya talking. I don't understand nothing at all, but is soooo relaxing :maayadrool: