Triangler enters Oricon no.6!!

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
JankoRaven

Post by JankoRaven »

All spelling issues aside, I'm just glad the song is even happening!! <3
-Janko Raven-
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Its pretty clear (from the snippet on the previous page discussing the 'love triangles' on the show) they mean it to be a translation of this word 三角 sankaku, meaning "triangle" or "triangular." The fact that they've romanized it as "triangler" is simply an error which happens a lot when Japanese are the ones to romanize their katakana words into English. (I've seen similar things happen, like a clutch/kuracchi bag becoming a "clatch" bag). Just because it's "official" doesn't mean WE, as English speakers who know better, need to repeat it everywhere.

Which is all I'm going to say about it, that was mostly to people who own Maaya fansites who are going to put information about this single up as part of their discography, or to the people who are going to make the torrent of the single available on places like Jpopsuki (if they even come here). I've already put it up on my site as "Triangular" and don't really care what the rest of you do.
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="frecklegirl"]Which is all I'm going to say about it, that was mostly to people who own Maaya fansites who are going to put information about this single up as part of their discography, or to the people who are going to make the torrent of the single available on places like Jpopsuki (if they even come here). I've already put it up on my site as "Triangular" and don't really care what the rest of you do.[/quote]
If you don't care, why are you still discussing the issue...? ^^;

I usually go with whatever most other fansites use. In some cases, I'll post something different. For instance, I tend to post cd prices without the Japanese tax, but everyone else includes the tax. Why do people do that? I guess it doesn't matter much, but it's something weird that I noticed recently. ;)
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's less than a month till we can hear TV size :lol:
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Its good that there are lots of other Macross fans out there, fansubs should hopefully be quick.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

@imurann
the macross F op u gave us. is it "triangular" ?? okay, i don't bring my earphone with me.

@jason
it's good seeing you still looking forward to maaya. i heard my 2nd album from maaya, easy listening, after browsing ur fansite and saw some samples. and that before i bought lucy. and i really appreciate that.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Imurann's link was "Go Tight" by AKINO for Aquarion added to Macross F scenes
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

and what was the annoying thing he was talking about??
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Probably from a former of maaya's fan made that spoof, it was a good laugh anyway. Really I think it's about time we let go, return to .life (dotLife) and just listen to have fun XD

I just come to had enough of dreaming that something in life are like how it is. It's not that maaya is a savior or something, and probably even if the end comes, not like I'm something to her or anything. Probably she pick a guy whom is not even interested with her music or such. Logically someone whom cares and knows how to take care of her and himself well, someone can be dependent into. Her dad also said so, someone good enough for her. Just thinking out of the box for a while now.

I'm looking forward to her new song btw, all the best. Not as a fan, but as someone whom she sees formidable/worth to be look into. I think that what her songs is all about, that's the least I can share.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

[quote="jason"][quote="frecklegirl"]Which is all I'm going to say about it, that was mostly to people who own Maaya fansites who are going to put information about this single up as part of their discography, or to the people who are going to make the torrent of the single available on places like Jpopsuki (if they even come here). I've already put it up on my site as "Triangular" and don't really care what the rest of you do.[/quote]
If you don't care, why are you still discussing the issue...? ^^;

I usually go with whatever most other fansites use. In some cases, I'll post something different. For instance, I tend to post cd prices without the Japanese tax, but everyone else includes the tax. Why do people do that? I guess it doesn't matter much, but it's something weird that I noticed recently. ;) [/quote]

My two cents: I go for the Japanese official romanization no matter how ridiculous it is because well, it's official. Just like we all have to spell "Brain Powerd" like that instead of "Brain Powered", no matter how ridiculous it looks in that spelling.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Oh? In that case, I thought the title was just supposed to be that way, like spelled wrong on purpose. Never even occurred to me that it might be a mistake XD

And jason, that was intended to be my final word on the subject. What about "That's all I have to say, I don't care what you do" wasn't... clear...?
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

[quote="frecklegirl"]Oh? In that case, I thought the title was just supposed to be that way, like spelled wrong on purpose. Never even occurred to me that it might be a mistake XD
[/quote]

Were you replying to me? If yes, well see, I never mentioned that any of the two spellings (Powerd/Triangler) were mistakes, in fact I also think they were both done on purpose. Mistakes or not, I have set my criteria for posting news on these things as "take the official spelling", but of course I wouldn't force that rule on other people even if I can justify it. (It takes out my need to discern if "this one is good Engrish", "this one is bad Engrish, let me use the good spelling") What's important is that you are clearly referring to the same thing.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I always thought it was Brain Power'd. Shows what little I know.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya talked about Triangular on her show today. Just the date, the fact it's up for download on the little CM we all saw, and it's Yoko Kanno. Not much - but something ^^
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Double post but...

TRIANGULAR WILL HAVE A PV!!!![/size]

Maaya says so on her official page :lol: