Triangler enters Oricon no.6!!

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

Well I like the song of course, and the video is great. But I have been trying to analyze the pv, in hopes of finding a connection to the song. I have been unsuccessful... I think it is because I do not have the lyrics now. But the pv is wide and spacious, focusing only on maaya and hearts and stuff. I certainly love looking at maaya's face, lol. Does her being inside of a white triangle that is inside a green triangle have any significance? Maybe to macross or maybe to japanese culture?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's just eye candy, I think.

I like the song but the beginning makes my ears hurt because Maaya's voice sounds quite....nasal ^^;;
#F!

Post by #F! »

I loved the PV, it was so cool as Saigo in Kajistsu. Even she have 28 years, Maaya-chan is increasingly beautiful... (kawaiiii !!!!)
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Well, I have watched the PV and the song doesn't seem anything special. At least, taking into account the expectancy about Maaya&Yoko duet coming back. There are some better songs that this one in her Kanno-absent career.

All of this is IMHO[/size]
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

I agree, Tenson. I like this song, I think it's good, but Maaya's had better songs in her Kanno era and in her post-Kanno era, imo. As for the PV, Maaya looks gorgeous, but it's kind of an empty PV, and it could be better. I'm sure they could do something more complex. Still, it's not too bad. It's not like major Japanese artists like, say, Utada Hikaru and Hamasaki Ayumi, have videos that are much better. (Case in point, 'HEART STATION' and 'Mirrorcle World'; they're both really threadbare PVs, imo.)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Both songs are rubbish anyway, in Ayu's case 'Marionette' was ten times more awesome and that track/video was just album filler :lol:

Maaya/Yoko songs have always been a bit hit and miss for me, there's always a song or two on the albums that just don't do it for me. Case in point being the whole 'easy listening' album and 'nikopachi' I think those are my least listened to albums :? I will probably get shunned for saying that :lol:

I think easy listening is an aqquired taste, since there are some people who love it to death whereas I'm so-so.

There have been better songs and worse songs :lol:

EDIT: actually, I think with this song we've been so spoilt with a great back-catalogue and with such nostalgia lots of fans have for Maaya/Yoko that it will never live up to our expectations :?
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

Agreed, they are. (I haven't listened to 'Marionette' yet, I'm going to have to check that out.) Although I've kind of forced myself to like Hikki's 'HEART STATION' by playing it repeatedly (I want to like it XD).

I agree with the nostalgia and the great back catalogue thing, and I also think a lot of it is the expectations of an eventual Maaya/Kanno reunion that have been building since they started working separately. It's like longing for the golden days, or something -- although I've never really been of the opinion that Maaya has to be with Kanno to be good. Kanno's songs are special, but I think some of the songs on 'Yuunagi Loop' were awesome ('Yuunagi Loop', 'Fuyu Desu Ka', 'Unison', 'My Favorite Books') and 'Saigo no Kajitsu' was an awesome single. 'Yuunagi Loop' was one of the first albums of Maaya's that I listened to repeatedly.

I don't think there's a Maaya album that I particularly dislike, but I often find myself skipping 'Park Amsterdam (The Whole Story)'. Not that I dislike it, but most of the time I just can't get into the lyrics.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

Ouch, aren't you guys being a little hard on those two ladies. I personaly do not listen to ayu-chan, but I do hikki. I think heart station was great, but anyways On to maaya.

It is the same thing as the shiina ringo situation. Shiina ringo did (what most of her fanswould call) a perfect album (ksk), and now they want all of her material after it to be just as good as ksk. Everything that shiina releases will be compared to ksk (or in tokyo jihen's situation adult and phase one). The same thing is happening with this new maaya youko collab. People (I guess) are like, this song is not similar to (insert fanboy/girls favorite youko/maaya song) so this song is horrible, or this song is sub par... But if you listen to the song for the song, then it's a good song. But either way the pv is empty. Well when is maaya going to get the buff butlers in just a bowtie to dance in the background, as she sings with her idol like dance routine? Just kidding, lol.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

"actually, I think with this song we've been so spoilt with a great back-catalogue and with such nostalgia lots of fans have for Maaya/Yoko that it will never live up to our expectations"

Ahh, just like Star Wars...
I haven't heard the whole thing yet but it will be interesting to see if the c/w song can hold its own against Triangler. Based on Maaya's recent stuff (Saigo no kajitsu, 30min), I don't think Maaya needs Kanno to sound great, its just good to get the 'A team' together once in a while.

And now we are talking of PVs (haven't seen that either), I'm waiting for Sakura to comment.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="jigenbakuda"]Ouch, aren't you guys being a little hard on those two ladies.[/quote]

Maybe. :lol: The truth is, I often have a love-hate relationship with some of Hikki's songs (though 'hate' is a bit strong, I don't think I'll ever hate a Hikki song). I can't really decide whether I love or dislike 'Heart Station' yet and the same goes for 'Stay Gold'. I think rest of her latest album is incredible, though. Anyway, I was referring more to the 'HEART STATION' PV being kind of lame rather than the song. As for Ayu, 'Mirrorcle World' isn't horrid, but it's kind of a throwaway song.

As for 'Triangler', the more I listen to it, the more I like it. I think I was being overly critical. Same goes for the PV, although I wish they'd made the PV into short film retelling of the lyrics, with shots of Maaya singing inserted between scenes of the actors acting out this triangular relationship. Idk, idk. I like music videos like that.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Hey, I'm a huge fan of both them - don't assume just because we don't like their latest song that we're not fans :odd: I've been to see Ayu in concert twice and have brought both her and Hikki's latest albums in the past week.

If you can seriously tell me that 'mirrorcle world' and 'heart station' are both 10 times awesome and the PV's are magical things that should be on repeat then that's great for you :lol: I won't though.

I own way too much (spent too much) stuff from both of them to hide my opinion :lol:
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

I think my main problem with triangler is that I have not see the op of macross. I think I would like it more, if I saw the op. I like the song, I really do, but to me... anime makes everything better...

Oh yea, I think my words were taken the wrong way. Dillpops please chill out, I did not attack you man. I did not assume you disliked them (or where not their fans), I just thought you guys were being kinda rough on those 2 girls. I can not remember my post, but I do not think I said that, if I did, I did not mean it that way. I did not say that those songs were friggin awesome, I said I liked them, and I did not think the songs were that bad. The heart station pv made more sense to me after I went thru it with the lyrics. So I do not see it as a bad pv, but not awesome either.

Oh yea, if the pv was a story retelling the lyrics, it would be an auto win. I love pvs like that as well. Maaya could be in the love triangle (hell, I know she would be in mine.. :wink: ), not just singing inbetween the actors.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thanks for clearing that up :maayagrin: am chilled.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Meh comment about the PV

Hey, the chair moving.. it looks damn familiar XD .. EAGLE VS SHARK Paradoy (sorry for those whom haven't watched it :P )

She is FAT..

Chubby..

Cute..

I **** her..

Nyaa..

*Hugs*..

(my wife-to-be will surely hit me with a wood soon after she reads this, and the possible result of getting my head banged, :P just joking haha)

>> sorry bout this part, I'm just being me >>

My dark side said something like.. "she's going out with someone" and I think it's serious.. hmm, ah well.. quick go marry this instant!, and go have children or something.. I usually would call them "Little Artificial Intelligence" because they are cute and curious of all things :)

Let's race Maaya, and wonder whoose kid going to come out soon! XD

It's about time we are suppose to be supportive, she needs to get married. Hell, just go meet Mr Sakamoto san, that ojisan should be there waiting for the right guy for her anyway. He should be more than happy to know that there is actually a guy brave enough to take on his princess :) according to his terms and condition.

XD man I love this part..

If Maaya closes one eye on the selection, then we can hope a wedding soon. But if she opens both of her eyes, I guess the person whom she choose will be the person I suspect that will be her husband. I still think a person like that cant really exists in this world, maybe he'll will still be wandering somewhere far away from civilization. He's probably my future best friend :)

If she can really find him, that is.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

Uh, Gabriela Robin *cough* no comment on this :D

@jigenbakuda: Don't call them "these 2 girls". They are older than me. I'm feeling strange if you call them girls. ^^
Oh, you are Escaflowne Fan. Good choice in this at least ;)

something doesn't work at the moment. I will have a look another time O.o