Triangler enters Oricon no.6!!

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

Jigenbakuda, I agree, anime makes it better (even though I've lost interest in anime for the most part recently). I watched the OP on YouTube, and I think I appreciate the song more now. As for the 'Heart Station' PV, I still think it's lacklustre. It fits with the whole 'radio waves of my heart', 'I feel like I heard your voice', and the whole 'secret hertz' thing, but nonetheless ... Maybe I'm just picky. Probably.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention that I love your 'Escaflowne' avatar.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="Anonymous"]@LennStar
Sorry for calling them girls, but it is just my style. I know they are older than me, too lol. But I guess I did it because I am used to calling all ladies girls. I think its kinda cute. But it was not on purpose. I just did it...

@Imurann
I love thick japanese girls. Maaya is my thick YUKI. But being serious, I think it is time for maaya to settle down, I think once her father arranges me and maayas wedding, he can rest easy knowing she will be taken care of for the rest of her life. I think 2 kids is good enough for us <continues>...

@harmonium
You like the avatar, too. Too bad I must admit I did not make the avatar, I just googled it. All my avatars are at least 100x100. I still have not watched the OP I think I will do it now. Thanks for telling me its awesome.[/quote]

This was my post, I did not realize I was not logged in. I just watched the Macross op. OH MY FRIGGIN GOD, it is so awesome. I like the song so much more now that I have seen the op. It fits so well in my opinion! The pv is good but the macross op is better. The song has more energy than I realized, I guess the pv's background absorbs some engery or something. Wow I must go obsess over the song somemore.

For anyone who wishes to watch the macross op it is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdZC8EAp62c

- Merri fixed the link
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I loved the op, Nothing says Macross like love triangles and the Itano circus.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

I really think all you guys should check out this nico vid of triangler. Man, it is so funny, you should watch it just for the super maaya comments. It is highly entertaining. The simple video turns very interesting with the people's comments.

It is here
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2879690

Oh yea you must register to watch, no big deal, it is the same info as any other registration, if you get stuck use this site for help.

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdic.html
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

The comments were the funniest bit. The pv seems a bit, um, static? Why couldn't they shoot Maaya in front of a blue screen and add clips from the show? The animation quality of Mac F is superb, why not use it.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="Kaimugen"]The comments were the funniest bit. The pv seems a bit, um, static? Why couldn't they shoot Maaya in front of a blue screen and add clips from the show? The animation quality of Mac F is superb, why not use it.[/quote]

I am not sure, but I am glad they did not do like hikki, and just make a whole video of anime... But I would of liked to see her surrounded by anime as well. I wonder who made the video? Does this person not read forums like this? Listn to the people d-it!
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

They could keep it simple. A bit like the Angela Aki live of This Love with a screen showing Blood+ clips in the background.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

I'm not around this forum much lately, but here are my comments on this new song...

On one side, it's obvious it's a work of Yoko Kanno, the arrangements and all do sound just like the old stuff but with more actual sound...
... but on the other way, it's so close of the old stuff that I'm a bit wondering if it is not a lazily work, if you see what I mean...
like "oh, well, I have to do another Maaya song, how was it ? an, yes, let's put a bit of this, that, and this *shake* *shake* *shake* here is a new song !"
I think I will have this feeling until they announce an all album of YK+MS... this song as part of a new work should be very great, but alone seems to me just like, don't know.... too late ?

.... but anyway, it's 10 times much better than anything released since Shonen Alice ;)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i actually like it better as a one or two minute song.. but for a four or five minute the repetition is a little bit over imo.. anyway haven't got that chance to see the pv. and agree what dilly said about the chorus part.. like i said the key is too torturing for maaya.. Okay it's not as high as in "blind summer fish" or "bike",, or probably "sora o miro" but it's still damn high. Honestly, i like "dreaming" and "hello!" more if being compared with the other post-kanno era. :roll: I hope it changed.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]i actually like it better as a one or two minute song.. but for a four or five minute the repetition is a little bit over imo.. anyway haven't got that chance to see the pv. and agree what dilly said about the chorus part.. like i said the key is too torturing for maaya.. Okay it's not as high as in "blind summer fish" or "bike",, or probably "sora o miro" but it's still damn high. Honestly, i like "dreaming" and "hello!" more if being compared with the other post-kanno era. :roll: I hope it changed.[/quote]
I guess I have to agree. When I first the song it was okay, but it got better with each listen. But when I geard the macross OP... I just loved the song so much more. So I guess this song is best digested in 2 min. servings.
Oh yea if you have not seen the pv please go to my previous post and look at the nico nico douga link.

@jerome
Well I guess yoko only composes a certain way for maaya. Maybe she likes maaya singing like that. Also wouldn't it be splendid if the announced a new yk x ms album? I wounder what it would be like....
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

I was not talking in the singing of Maaya, but more on the arrangements and harmony choices of the backing music ;)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

as for the nicovideo,, i haven't been able to find the link to subscribe a member.. It's the same problem whenever i come across a video streaming in that site. well, i guest i'm to lazy to search for the link hehe..
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="jigenbakuda"]
@jerome
Well I guess yoko only composes a certain way for maaya. Maybe she likes maaya singing like that. Also wouldn't it be splendid if the announced a new yk x ms album? I wounder what it would be like....[/quote]

Actually, after mulling over a comment someone else made (several someone's actually over at JPM.com) that this song could easily have been AKINO and were lamenting the lack of YK/MS unique-ness that 'Triangler' probably wasn't Maaya specific composition wise and she was probably drafted in after the whole thing was completed and ready to go (which explains why all of it is YK if we assume Grabriela Robin is Kanno too). Which explains why the song sounds like anyone else could have sung it too, it's not Maaya specific (which also might explain why Maaya's vocals are weird if she's trying to sing something that's not tailored to her or just requires her to sing what's nessercary because the songs already finished).

This whole thing seems kinda rushed since she only recorded it in February and managed to fit a PV filming/jacket shoot in with all her usual work. We usually get a lot more warning.

This isn't a bad thing though, I'm really loving the song and I like the PV :lol: just was mulling over the comments that it could be an Akino song.

Although the simplest explanation for that is that they have the same composer XD

Overthinking....brain...exploding...

I'm gonna go listen to triangler again :lol:
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

for the pv vid, just type "Maaya" in youtube, you'll find it ;)