Triangler enters Oricon no.6!!

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Megumi Nakajima who is the cv for Ranka is only 19. I thought when she spoke as Ranka it was naturally youthful, but when she sang her voice only got higher at the "mou hitori bocchijanai" bit, and if you listen to the Minmay original that part was high too.[/quote]

The ending? I thought that the "mou hitori..." part was a clip from the original song sang by Mari Iijima, as the Macross fans have pointed out? But regardless.

What I wanted to say was that her "Ranka" voice (Ranka's speaking and singing voice as so far demonstrated within the animation) sounded different from her speaking voice in an interview that I watched her in.

But that's beside the point that the song, Triangler, sounds young and fits the animation's characters well. Don't you think so? No? Just me? Oh well :lol:
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I thought it was Nakajima doing that bit, something in the voice didn't sound like Iijima to me. Is it confirmed? And is there anything on Nakajima singing live, maybe we can compare that, if she sings that bit.

Someone at nicodou did a full length Triangler op with a collage of stuff from the series, I liked it. But I want to know how they can kill the big red bugs so easily now.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

It's not confirmed about the Iijima singing that part, I'm just getting confused since some people say so and the end credits don't say so... but then someone from Macross World and someone from YKDB who posted in the Gabriela Robin blog said so. I think that it's Megumi, and the reason she got picked as the Macross girl is because she could pull it off. Which makes sense, doesn't it?

Anyway, here's Megumi saying a few things about the animation:
http://www.box.net/shared/o2zmjkdgk0

Her speaking voice when she's excited is pretty high though.

EDIT:
I just re-listened to both original and remakes of Ai Oboeteimasuka... and it does sound very similar... no wonder the confusion.

Original: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JVZyHDA9I6A
Remake: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EV_JISPRyZc
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="mike_s_6"]I think it's rightfully young though, given the characters in the story. The singer of the leading girl (Ranka) also forces a higher pitch in speaking and singing because the character she portrays is young. I would assume that it's a compliment for Maaya to be asked to sing this since it shows the producer's confidence that she can still pull off a youthful voice. But on the accounts of the use of Maaya's other singing skills, that's another story. This one definitely lacks :P [/quote]

Oh, no, I agree, it's perfect for Macross F. To me, it just seems out of place to have a woman of Maaya's age singing this song (though what you said about it being a compliment is a very good point, and I'm sure Maaya was happy to be offered this tie-up), and the lyrical voice doesn't match hers. Idk, idk. It's just something that niggles at me. But it's something minor, and I still like 'Triangler'.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Someone posted the second episode of Mac F. http://www.veoh.com/videos/v68182432tRteZJr
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Woo, another bad music video from Maaya. Doesn't she watch them back?
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

I know right XD it's soooo boring and bleh.

And I thought the whole "triangle motif" was going to be shown in more ways than just... she's sitting on a giant triangle thing.... in the middle of the most barren boring RANDOM field ever. Like, when I hear that, I think "oh, they're going to show how triangles are in everything you see" like she walks around a city and there's some triangular signs, triangular buildings, tiny triangular shapes in lots of stuff and they take those images and draw a sparkly bright colored line around them to emphasize it. Not... this. @_@
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

lol you 2 are funny. Was it really that bad? I don't think so. Personally I would want maaya in a pink ninja gi with a kunai and shuriken, slashing triangles in anyone who dares to stop her from getting revenge for her poor deceased lover triangler.... but we can not get what we want all the time. (I need more ninjas in my life.. at least I have nabari no ou) To me, being a fan boy, looking maaya is enough for me. Add her crossing her legs while sliding across the triangle and I am good. Most Pvs to me are... not too related, I just like seeing the artist and the different clothes they wear. Not every artist can have Pv's like ringo-hime (with a meaning behind everything in the Pv). I think the Pv is okay. If anything I would be mad at yoko for not giving me music on the level of "kissing the christmas killer".,,
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

The making of snaps are up on her official homepage, as for me, I just preordered the single from CDJapan (finally) and ordered 'saigo no kajitsu' along with it. Go me, what a good fan I am!
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Yay Dilly! :D
Lets hope they send a poster out wiith this one. I'm looking at the Mac F ost at cdjapan as well.

Maaya in a pink ninja gi is a image I could do without. I'd prefer thigh high leather boots.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

Single up for download at KMC (and lots of other places, I'm sure). There are scans, too, so I now know what the lyrics are (and I was mostly right, yay XD). Oh, and 'Kotomichi'? Is GORGEOUS!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I ignore the download >_< must. ignore. Soon my single will come haha
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="dillpops"]I ignore the download >_< must. ignore. Soon my single will come haha[/quote]

I don't really get why people wait to receive the physical CD. I mean, I understand if you feel guilt or something like that because you haven't purchased it, but I purchased it, it's already been charged, so I have no problem downloading it before my physical copy arrives. Can you elaborate? I'm not starting an argument, I'm really curious. XD
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Apparently I wasn't signed in haha