Triangler enters Oricon no.6!!

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Right. *clicks some few stuffs*

Okay. Done :D

*evil* > :D

# PS - I notice some people didn't like triangular personally? or just the PV is causing the problem?
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya entered today's Oricon chart at no.6!!
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Also guys, check your Triangler jackets when you get your copy, according to Maaya's official site they made a mistake spelling Gabriela Robin's name XD so they've had to say on their site about the mistake. Probably further printings will have this corrected (Ayu also had an edition with the wrong info) so admire the mistake while you can haha
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

hurm.. koto michi..

A lovely lullaby..

lalala..

sayonara to..

wow! the karaoke ver of triangular is KOOL! HANDS DOWN!!!! ahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahaa.... infinite madness mode!

this is what I was waiting for!
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="dillpops"]Because it won't be worth it. If I have the CD on my computer already it completely negates my reason for buying it - to rip it. Then I have no reason to buy it. It's not guilty. It's principle. I'm not going to waste my money on something I already got for free. Thus, I wait for my copy >_<VV also, it just feels much more pleasurable to listen to the single for the first time holding the actual product in my hand.

But that's just personal preference.[/quote]

Ah, I get it. Thanks for explaining, I'm always interested in people's views on the whole 'to download or not to download' thing.

Congrats to Maaya's #6 debut on the Daily Chart! <3

And lol at the spelling mistakes. At least it's not as bad as the whole Evanescence and Australia typos thing, though. XD
sailorsim

Post by sailorsim »

*gasp* just checked the Oricon site, she's gone up 3 places to #3 now! :note:
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Anonymous"]Because it won't be worth it. If I have the CD on my computer already it completely negates my reason for buying it - to rip it. Then I have no reason to buy it. It's not guilty. It's principle. I'm not going to waste my money on something I already got for free. Thus, I wait for my copy >_<VV also, it just feels much more pleasurable to listen to the single for the first time holding the actual product in my hand.

But that's just personal preference.[/quote]
I feel the same way as dillpops. I also find that downloading the rip diminishes the experience of opening the physical cd. If I download the rip, I have less reason to open the cd and listen to it.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

OH MY GOD *_* I can't believe that daily ranking!!!! Either the other people dropped down in sales a lot or Maaya's got her best ranking ever. I really hope it shows in the weekly!
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

RE: the whole CD vs. DL thing, I haven't ever had diminished enjoyment from a purchased album as a result. I've listened to a lot of albums in digital format first and then purchased the album later and still enjoyed listening to it then and flipping through the booklet. I purchase the CDs even if I do already have the digital files because a) I do believe I should pay for the majority of the music I listen to (if it's available, that is, I'm not going to kill myself over and spend a stupid amount of money on an out-of-print item unless I really want it (*cough* Maaya's and NEWS's single and albums *cough*)), and b) I like having the physical CD for collector's purposes. It really does come down to personal preference, I guess.

As for Maaya's ranking, it is awesome. :) But DBSK and everyone else did drop quite a bit, so that's part of her jump. BUT it's also because Maaya is awesome, 'Macross F' is popular, and people love Kanno and they love Kanno and Maaya together again. Reunited and it feels so good~ Congratulations, Maaya! I also hope her weekly sales are awesome.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

If she jumps up another three positions, doesn't that mean she'll be out of the ranking? Being that awesome and all.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="Merri"]If she jumps up another three positions, doesn't that mean she'll be out of the ranking? Being that awesome and all.[/quote]

I do tend to overuse the word 'awesome', haha ... .___.;
oamichano

Post by oamichano »

There was a huge drop in the entire singles chart today, but Maaya is holding her own so it looks like a huge increase on her part.

I'm not a huge fan of the song, but I do love her, so good on her for snagging that #3. I wonder how this will go when the other top 5 artists start to promote their songs on TV shows this weekend... Maaya never promotes.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="oamichano"]I'm not a huge fan of the song, but I do love her, so good on her for snagging that #3. I wonder how this will go when the other top 5 artists start to promote their songs on TV shows this weekend... Maaya never promotes.[/quote]

It won't help her sales for this week, but she is doing promotion on a TV show this time. She'll make an appearance on Hz on Space Shower TV that'll air on the 10th and 11th. With any luck, that'll help keep her sales up in the coming weeks.
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="harmonium"]RE: the whole CD vs. DL thing, I haven't ever had diminished enjoyment from a purchased album as a result. I've listened to a lot of albums in digital format first and then purchased the album later and still enjoyed listening to it then and flipping through the booklet. I purchase the CDs even if I do already have the digital files because a) I do believe I should pay for the majority of the music I listen to (if it's available, that is, I'm not going to kill myself over and spend a stupid amount of money on an out-of-print item unless I really want it (*cough* Maaya's and NEWS's single and albums *cough*)), and b) I like having the physical CD for collector's purposes. It really does come down to personal preference, I guess.
[/quote]
In my opinion, downloading a rip first then deciding to buy the physical CD later is different (on various levels) than preordering a CD first and downloading the rip before actually getting the CD. In the former situation, of course there's no diminished enjoyment in buying the CD since one originally pirated the music. ;)

In terms of the latter case, I agree that it's simply personal preference. I'd rather wait since I already made a commitment to pay money for the CD. I can make my own rips in that case. :)
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="jason"]In my opinion, downloading a rip first then deciding to buy the physical CD later is different (on various levels) than preordering a CD first and downloading the rip before actually getting the CD. In the former situation, of course there's no diminished enjoyment in buying the CD since one originally pirated the music. ;) [/quote]

I am failing on all fronts today to properly express myself. XD *headdesk* I meant I don't even experience diminished enjoyment when I've already pre-ordered CDs. I've already bought Maaya's single, for example, it's just not at my home yet. But I downloaded the single. I'm still looking forward to opening the CD and listening to it. I pre-order lots of CDs and still download the leaks because I lack patience. I did this with Hikki's 'HEART STATION', Ayu's 'Mirrorcle World', 244 ENDLI-x's 'I AND AI', etc.

EDIT: Never mind, I misread your message. Sorry 'bout that. But I don't think it's that different if you pirate first or buy first. At least, I don't think it is if you're one of the people that buys the majority of what you listen to, regardless of where you listened to it first.