Triangler enters Oricon no.6!!

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

[quote="harmonium"]It hasn't been confirmed yet, but the early reports on the single hinted that she may also have a voice-acting role later on in the series.[/quote]

..........AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excuse me. That'd be cool if it were to happen!

[quote="Kaimugen"]You can use them as lenses for sunglasses and go for the Elton John look. Or throw them like shuriken.

Btw, please watch Mac F episode 5! Sheryl is quite likeable in private and Ranka sings some more. Its a really good episode, and it shows the danger of a phone on vibrate mode.[/quote]

I think I'm already leaning towards Sheryl x Alto now. They look really cute together.

The phone thing was o__O
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Is there any info on the length of the series? Mac 7 was pretty long, so a 50 ep double season would be fantastic. I would love to see Maaya appearing in more than just a guest voice role. And I don't want to see another Maaya character die.

Sheryl was awesome. I cant really see where the Sheryl/Ranka/Alto triangle is going, Alto is good with both girls. I'm still in Team Ranka but reserve the right to be a dirty turncoat.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

25 episodes - I think this is based on the fact that there are 9 DVDs, and one of the DVDs technically only has one episode, which is the Episode 1 + Deculture Episode. So that's 3x8 + 1 = 25. Some magazines also published it to be 25 episodes, James Wong of YKProject told me via the Gabby Site.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

YAAAY I GOT A PINK TRIANGLE!!

(and my copy of triangler)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="harmonium"]YES, good news! I already pre-ordered the CD a week ago (it's Kanno, so). Even though I can't get into 'Macross F', the music is way too good to pass up.[/quote]

no doubt. gotta check that when it's out.

[quote="frecklegirl"]I wonder what you're supposed to do with that triangle thing. o_O[/quote]

well myb panties for ur cats..?? :lol:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Triangler -- 34,961 + 12,550 = total sales of 47,511-ish if you count oricon...

She's still in the top ten though!!

EDIT: just realised crazy fan harmonium will probably pop up in a minute with a better sales figure :lol: we seem to post different times on different sites haha
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="dillpops"]Triangler -- 34,961 + 12,550 = total sales of 47,511-ish if you count oricon...

She's still in the top ten though!!

EDIT: just realised crazy fan harmonium will probably pop up in a minute with a better sales figure :lol: we seem to post different times on different sites haha[/quote]

LOL crazy fan. XD Harsh. :lol:

Soundscan Japan's figures aren't out yet, but I'll post them here when they're available. I'm going to keep a comparison of the figures. x)
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

Sales figures are in~
http://www.phileweb.com/products/cd-top ... /1119.html

Maaya ranked at #5 on Soundscan Japan with sales of 14,637 compared to #6 on Oricon with sales of 12,550.
At least there's less of a HUGE DIFFERENCE this week. :lol:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="harmonium"]

[/quote]

Hey, it's a rank of prestiege, I give myself that one too :P
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

[quote="dillpops"][quote="harmonium"]

[/quote]

Hey, it's a rank of prestiege, I give myself that one too :P [/quote]

:lol: In that case, I am honoured. :D
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

I wanted to mention, Maaya said in the post-sale 'Triangler' video at the 'Triangler' site that you could use the pink triangle for memorisation. You know, how students in Japan highlight the text they want to memorise and then cover the text with a usually red plastic sheet? I have one with one of my JLPT books, lol. She also seemed to realise that the triangle is kind of without a clear use, lmao. Watch the video to see what I mean, she laughs a lot.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

maaya laughing.. it's a terrific video for me right now.. never really seen maaya laughing at an interview though..
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's nice to see Maaya still in the top 10!!!

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Memorization my foot!

Its for endless energy generating engine based on Jealousy!! ahahaha! AHAHAHAHA! it sourced from, the two triangles that is en-printed on the DVD/CD cover, into the heart of the student whom enters the hells of examination.

*calm down*
I usually listened, and hummed triangular song every single day of during the exam weeks. It keeps me away from laziness to read books, and used as a source to keep on going further, reading and reading over. I was expecting a raise of grades this semester, since Maaya's stocks goes up, hopefully my grades goes up as well XD

"triangular" was more like an engine, in the heart, spinning together, or likewise the other way around to generate energy for the weak spirited. I assume that is Yoko Kanno's expertise in composing the song that way. A real masterpiece.

I also do like the songs that Kanno makes for May'n, though there was some indifferent feelings for "Diamond Crevasse" song. Like saying goodbye and such. I somehow took it personally, remembering some people in the past. "It's long long goodbye.. sayonara, sayonara, over and over.." or did "Kotomichi" ended up answering this particular song.. there's just some possibilities up in Kanno's sleeve.

What I expect next, is a counter singles again from Kanno.. like a part where the lovers met up again, and a happy ending, and to spice thing up, a special writer comes back to write. It would be an endless space, a spectacular beginning, once again.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="Imurann"]"triangular" was more like an engine, in the heart, spinning together, or likewise the other way around to generate energy for the weak spirited. I assume that is Yoko Kanno's expertise in composing the song that way. A real masterpiece. [/quote]

that's also a good line to describe "platina" :roll: