Triangler enters Oricon no.6!!

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Exciting, it's awesome that they're back together.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I have never been so happy to be wrong Kirei.
There are torrents of the first episode that are pretty active right now, the rest of the show doesn't start till April.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

COMA have put up a tracklisting for the site and the Japanese fans on MIXI are quoting it but I'm not sure if it's up anywhere official. However, COMA is usually right, wherever he gets his sources from...

Tracklist:

01. Triangular
02. kotomichi
03. Triangular (instrumental)
04. kotomichi (instrumental)

I hope they are both kanno songs...
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

both of them are, and this is official!!!!

!!! Start jumping for joy, NOW.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

According to COMA, 'Kotomichi' is composed and arranged by Takada Michiko, not Kanno. Kanno and Gabriela Robin are the composer/arranger and lyricist, respectively, for 'Triangler', and Takada and Maaya are credited for 'Kotomichi'. (Takada Michiko has worked with Maaya before; she did the composition for 'Bokutachi ga Koi o Suru Riyuu'.)

I'm really, really excited for both tracks. :D
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Really! Maaya sings a song by Gabriella. Ohhh baby!!! Maaya singing in 'Kannoese'?

Its up for pre-order now at CDJapan.
#F!

Post by #F! »

This is a great news! I'll be waiting for this new single!
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqIdHxkz ... re=related

lol, guess I'm not the only one annoyed :P
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Tsubasa~

Post by Tsubasa~ »

「トライアングラー」はアニメの大きなテーマでもある「三角関係」の意で、ポップな曲調が特徴。
This song is about eternal triangle and it is a pop song.

umm...I hope I can hear maaya sing gablish,but the chance is a bit low

坂本さんは、今後アニメ本編にも関わっていくという。CDは4月23日に1050円で発売される

maaya may take part in this anime in future?
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

please everyone, don't copy the Japanese people who can't romanize and repeat "triangler." The katakana spells it out pretty clearly. TRIANGULAR. pleaaaase don't let this become a widespread misconception!

Also, it says the song is about a big theme in the show, a "love triangle" (yes, "eternal triangle" is also a translation of the same word, but I'm pretty sure they mean a love triangle)
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

'Triangler' is wrong, inasmuch as the correct English spelling is 'triangular', but if the official Japanese sources choose to render it as 'Triangler', then that would be the correct title; it's the one given by Maaya's label (in the URL, anyway) and CDJapan as of now, so for now, it's official. It's just like all the other Engrish you encounter in a lot of Japanese titles, lyrics (and some English ones, too; 'Buy U a Drank', for example): it's wrong, but it's official. Well, that's how I see it, anyway.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Of course, if we're going to get nitty-gritty over this title it shouldn't really by romanised at all, or should be literally transliterated as TORAIANGURAA or something :lol: so let's not tie ourselves in knots over this.

I happen to go with 'Triangular' due to that being what the katakana spell out and if the Japanese sites never write it in english to begin with and only in katakana we can't ever know for sure. I vote TORAIANGURAA :P :P :P :P

bwhaahahahahahaha
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

The URL at Maaya's site definitely spells it "Triangler".
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Yeah it does, but that doesn't mean it's right. :(
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="frecklegirl"]Yeah it does, but that doesn't mean it's right. :( [/quote]
All that matters is how the Japanese decide to title the song in English. We could debate forever on what's right and wrong with the way the Japanese use English, but it wouldn't change a thing. :P

In any case, I wonder if Kanno was involved at all in how the title was translated into English. I sort of doubt it since her English is pretty good.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite