Finding maaya albums

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
jigenbakuda

Finding maaya albums

Post by jigenbakuda »

Hello, I am not sure if this should be in the collectors part or here, but I have a question.

I am currently in okinawa japan right now. I have been looking for albums (preferably used) of my favorite artists. I can find a lot of people but some people on my list are eluding me... One of which is maaya. Now I am willing to except that the reason I am having trouble is that I am in okinawa, but I have not found one single maaya album! Could anyone give me some tips on finding maaya`s albums? Also let me ask another question. While going around with my girlfriend, not only can we not find it, but people have never heard of her. I told my girlfriend about her and she told me maaya is someone with otaku tastes would like because she is a voice actor and stuff... Is this making it harder to find her music. Well anyways can some give me a push in the right direction? Anyone know any chain stores that might have her albums (old albums, too) new or used does not matter at this point, I leave in 2 weeks and need to take some maaya back home. We are going to another city to look for stuff next week, so I hope all goes well there.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

well, ganbatte there! i hope u succeed in finding those gems.. why don'y u try ikeburo in tokyo, or somewhere in ginza, it must be somewhere around there. or is it ikeburo in ginza?? ^^''

it's really pity if maaya is only for otaku. well that's their loss.. anyway, it's a good thing that ur girlfriend has also the same taste with you. i envy you :evil:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Try hunting down a Tsutaya or BOOK OFF if you want used CD's!
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]well, ganbatte there! i hope u succeed in finding those gems.. why don'y u try ikeburo in tokyo, or somewhere in ginza, it must be somewhere around there. or is it ikeburo in ginza?? ^^''

it's really pity if maaya is only for otaku. well that's their loss.. anyway, it's a good thing that ur girlfriend has also the same taste with you. i envy you :evil:[/quote]

Thanks for the reply! Well you see I can not go to ginza, or ideally akihaba, because I am in okinawa, its the island below mainland japan. If I was in mainland I would cath the shin to tokyo, without a doubt, but alas, I am not :(

Oh yea my girlfriend has almost none of the same tastes as me in music, lol. She calls me otaku everyday because the stuff I do (but I am otaku, I am anime, game and internet otaku...), anyways She was saying that most people who probably would like maaya are otaku.

@dillpops
I checked out 1 bookoff and I am going to tsutaya today, so it seems like my ideas are you guys ideas. But I will be searching hard to find the music, thanks for your response!
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

You'll probably be better off ordering stuff in some online shop and getting it shipped to your place.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="roxfan"]You'll probably be better off ordering stuff in some online shop and getting it shipped to your place.[/quote]

You are right, I just wanted to buy them in japan, because I am in japan now. The shiina ringo and ymo albums I picked here will be so special, I just wanted some maaya ones too. If I just wanted the musicI could download or buy online, no problem, I have done both before in the past. But I just wanted a cd bought from japan... Its not a big deal, its actual kinda fun going into different store searching around, even if I find none, I will be happy, great experience, IMO
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I meant "shipped to your place in Japan"... since many online shops (especially with used stuff) don't ship overseas.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="roxfan"]I meant "shipped to your place in Japan"... since many online shops (especially with used stuff) don't ship overseas.[/quote]

Well thats what I was talking about too, lol. My girlfriend lives in japan so I get stuff sent to her house all the time she, just mails it to me after if gets to her house. (I have access to buying stuff that is shipped only in japan, all the time, so I could of ordered it before if I wished) I could find the album at amazon. jp no doubt, but I just wanted to actually search for it and buy it in a store. It is really not a big deal, I went into tower trecords and they had 2 of her albums, but not what I was looking for. I am cool. I am going to leave next week and I have stopped all pleasure spending. Its okay at least I can sing maayas songs in karaoke here, lol.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

If only you were in Tokyo you could find her all over Akihabara or certain parts of Ikebukuro (not "Ikeburo"... and I doubt Maaya would be found in stylish Ginza). Is there an Animate or Gamers store in Okinawa? Ask your gf if those stores exist there.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="frecklegirl"]If only you were in Tokyo you could find her all over Akihabara or certain parts of Ikebukuro (not "Ikeburo"... and I doubt Maaya would be found in stylish Ginza). Is there an Animate or Gamers store in Okinawa? Ask your gf if those stores exist there.[/quote]

Well too bad I am leaving on april the 2nd, I would search more. If I was anywhere on the mainland, I would of caught the shin and would of slept and rolled around in the heaven that is akihaba. I already asked her about stores like that, she knew nothing about them. I asked did she have any friends that knew about them, same answer. Oh well, if I was able to speak japanese, this would not be a problem, so I guess in the end its my fault, lol.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

well, i guess for me who also live far away from japan,, i'm not much of a help. of course,, how could i know.. Anyway, i thought you could freely travel across japan,, since it isn't really too far, is it?? from okinawa to tokyo?? mybe it's like from the north most and south most distance of sumatera, an island in my country. Well, it's a different matter if you have a tight schedule, though..

and thanks for the correction, freckle. I knew from before that Ikebukuro is a heaven for otaku. I really wanna go there.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]well, i guess for me who also live far away from japan,, i'm not much of a help. of course,, how could i know.. Anyway, i thought you could freely travel across japan,, since it isn't really too far, is it?? from okinawa to tokyo?? mybe it's like from the north most and south most distance of sumatera, an island in my country. Well, it's a different matter if you have a tight schedule, though..

and thanks for the correction, freckle. I knew from before that Ikebukuro is a heaven for otaku. I really wanna go there.[/quote]

Well japan has about 5 islands (I think... maybe 4) I am on the southrenmost group of islands. It takes a while to get to tokyo by plane, and there is no shin, because there is lots of water between okinawa prefecture and fukuoka prefecture (the most southren part of mainland japan.) Anyways, I can not easily get to tokyo... I do not have a tight schedule, not at all (I was here for 6 weeks), but the only way to tokyo is by plane, and thats expensive. So I will just go next time I visit japan, no big deal.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

well if i were you, i'll definitely travel wherever i could go since i maybe won't be back for the 2nd time. well, that's what i think.. i watched the dorama yasashii jikan,, and i fell in love with the place on that dorama, it's a little town on the further part of hokkaido, named furano. i think it's a really beautiful place. :roll: When watching the film, I can imagine as if i lived in a house in the edge of the cliff, where pine trees, lakes and the sound of silence is everything that surrounds you.. And drinking a hot coffee is like everything you can imagine.. Or is it becoz the film itself?? :lol:
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Ikebukuro is not that much of an otaku paradise. I think you're thinking of Akihabara. There is one section of Ikebukuro that is good for otaku, but it's mostly for GIRL otaku. Lots of yaoi and stuff to be found there. The rest of Ikebukuro is stores and malls and movie theatres; "normal" entertainment.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]well if i were you, i'll definitely travel wherever i could go since i maybe won't be back for the 2nd time. well, that's what i think.. i watched the dorama yasashii jikan,, and i fell in love with the place on that dorama, it's a little town on the further part of hokkaido, named furano. i think it's a really beautiful place. :roll: When watching the film, I can imagine as if i lived in a house in the edge of the cliff, where pine trees, lakes and the sound of silence is everything that surrounds you.. And drinking a hot coffee is like everything you can imagine.. Or is it becoz the film itself?? :lol:[/quote]

Oh no, no way was it just the movie. The first time I went to japan, I went to a lovely little spot called iwakuni, in yamaguichi prefecture. About 30 minutes away from hiroshima. I went on a trip thru the mountians... The most beautiful place, I have seen, it was like the stuff you see on tv. Anyways its real, alright. But just be aware that america has places like that too, as does the rest of the world, japan is not the only beautiful place in the world. But hokkaido is Cold! (from what I hear), also get the seafood its to die for. In okinawa (where I am at this time) My girlfriends mom took us on a trip, the beaches were pretty on the sad cloudly day. Also they have this yellow flower that is in bloom right now, kirei... Man its so great, its okinawa`s sakura blossom (isn`t that redundant, lol). Anyways, okinawa is pretty too.

@frecklegirl
Is the place you are talking about like doujin, or is it official stuff? I always wanted to get into girl stuff but could not... It just does something to me to see guys kiss. I tried gravatation and some ova, but I could not get into it.