Finding maaya albums

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Hahah. It's mostly doujinshi, though I think they sell some official manga and stuff too. It's one little area (called "Otome Doori" or "Maiden Road") with a few shops all dedicated to selling mostly doujinshi. That's also where the butler cafe is.

Also, when you say yellow flower, do you mean the hibiscus? I heard that was a well-known thing in Okinawa.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="frecklegirl"]Hahah. It's mostly doujinshi, though I think they sell some official manga and stuff too. It's one little area (called "Otome Doori" or "Maiden Road") with a few shops all dedicated to selling mostly doujinshi. That's also where the butler cafe is.

Also, when you say yellow flower, do you mean the hibiscus? I heard that was a well-known thing in Okinawa.[/quote]

I am sorry I always refer to it as doujin, is the correct name doujinshi, please cleanse me of my japanese ignorance... I laughed when I read butler cafe, lol. I never heard of it, sounds like an anything goes kina place, lol. Did you go there miss freckle? Please tell me more 、my little sister would die to know about it.

the hibiscus is well known, and many mainlander girls are sure to grab one when they come here (to put in their hair), but that is not what I was talking about. What I am talking about came from brazil, lots of okinawan people brought them back from brazil. I think it was around ww2 times. Anyways its beauty is comparible to the cherry blossom (just not the numbers of the cherry blossom) that is why my girlfriends mom said it was okinawas sakura. But I asked my girlfriend the name of it and she said she did not know, but she will ask her mom.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

o yeah, now almost the season for cherry blossom party in japan.. It'll be a great view.. it makes me more anxious to go there,, well, mybe one day. i see u'r having a great time there, jigen. and you don't have to blame urself to not to like that yaoi mangas.. really. :P

well, freckle u're the girl. so, i have the wrong info haha.. So, then i really wanna go to akihabara.

checking the spelling, the spelling :? [/size]
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]you don't have to blame urself to not to like that yaoi mangas.. really. :P [/quote]

Well the thing is I always claim I read manga and watch anime for the story, but with yoai, I heard it has excellent stories, but it has gay men. So the only reason I do not read yaoi is because of gay men. I am kinda scared of being called gay, just because I read and watch that stuff. In part because I feel kinda gay watching it... So I feel like I do not read it, only because it it related to gays (even though I heard the relationship/ material in yaoi does not appeal to gay guys, only to girl. I read gay guys have their own manga)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="jigenbakuda"]So I feel like I do not read it, only because it it related to gays (even though I heard the relationship/ material in yaoi does not appeal to gay guys, only to girl. I read gay guys have their own manga)[/quote]

oh.. that's sick.

and btw about the maaya hunt,, try to find a more rare items such as calendars, posters and who knows, chopsticks mybe.. no no i mean, t-shirt, if there do exist :evil:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="kirei_lanford"][quote="jigenbakuda"]So I feel like I do not read it, only because it it related to gays (even though I heard the relationship/ material in yaoi does not appeal to gay guys, only to girl. I read gay guys have their own manga)[/quote]

oh.. that's sick.

and btw about the maaya hunt,, try to find a more rare items such as calendars, posters and who knows, chopsticks mybe.. no no i mean, t-shirt, if there do exist :evil:[/quote]

Gomen, I got back to america today, so I can no longer look, its cool, no big deal. I will look next time!
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Hm? I don't care if you call it doujin instead of doujinshi! Doujin is just a shortening that everyone uses, including me sometimes. It's perfectly fine to use!