The Other Side of Lucy ~ Live Recording 2008.06.13 ~

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Jérôme.

The Other Side of Lucy ~ Live Recording 2008.06.13 ~

Post by Jérôme. »

Last edited by Jérôme. on 2010-12-21 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

I downloaded it from dillpops post at LJ, but I'm going to post what I think here. It's beautiful. You are both very, very talented. dillpops, your voice is beautiful. Jerome, your guitar skills are excellent. Great job, guys.

I'd love to do something like this. Well, actually, I'd just like to do Maaya karaoke. 刺激になりましたよ I need to buy a mic. XD Anyway, yeah, great job, you guys.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

oh cool! Are there any pictures of the two of you together?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I uploaded a full zip for people who don't want to download individual tracks:

http://www.zshare.net/download/136171632076de2e/

Here were my comments:
Little bit of self promotion here but myself and Jerome from maayas.net (not sure if you guys post there too but we're a nice little active Maaya forum if you wanna join!!) have a band called 'The Other Side of Lucy' which is a Maaya Sakamoto cover band. On Friday we went into a studio and recorded 13 songs of Maaya's as a tribute to her I think it went quite well. It's pretty raw though, due to being 10 hours in a studio and I have never sung for longer than an hour in my life, haha. It's basically an acoustic guitar live but recorded nicely :)

Anyway, have a listen if you want and feel free to spread about (although we'll post it up at Maaya's in the next few days). It was a fun project, if only for being in a studio singing Maaya

I have a new found respect for singers though it's amazing how they can sound great through a concert! I think I want to get training now...oh yeah! If you can spot the two words that I made mistakes on in two tracks then you get an internet cookie. They make grammatical sense (yay for being a japanese major) but I was too embarrased to tell the others because I didn't wanna cause trouble...and it made grammatical sense sorry Maaya!!!!

Recommendations are....hmm...Chibikko Folk probably, I like that song a lot...

Enjoy!!

Maaya Sakamoto Cover Album "The Other Side of Lucy - First Live@Purple Pro Audio"

VOX: Pippa (England)
Guitar: Jerome (France)
Mix and Master: Simon
Where: Purple Pro Audio Studio (Leeds, England)

Tracklist:
01:Makiba! Alice
02:Kodoku
03 :D aniel
04 :P ocketto wo kara ni shite
05: Chibikko Folk
06:Yukka
07:NO FEAR/aisuru koto
08:pilot
09:here
10:yoru
11:alkaloid
12:yubiwa
13:Gift
Secret Track:Gift ~why not? why not? version~
Hope you guys enjoy it!!
itada19

Post by itada19 »

Thanks! Great Job...! ^-^
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

Wow... I am listening now, superb job. Considering you only did it in 10 hours, I am very impressed. If you ever come to a club in america I will try my best to be there. Well I think both of you are very talented. When I cover maaya's songs my voice tends to be lower, and man like, and overall not maaya like (maybe because I'm a dude ????), unlike yours which sounds really really close. Your japanese is quite nice as well. Guitar work was great very close to the album. But it was kinda fast in parts like they mentioned before.

@harmonium
maaya karaoke is the best. I never felt so good struggling thru reading the fast kana, as it did when singing shippo no uta... Man. I left japan before triangler was released, but if I was there... Oh man I would of killed that song! But maaya karaoke is top notch my friend top notch, with the calpis soothing the damaged vocal cords of 8 hours of straight karaoke (pulled 8 hour sessions all the time, thanks to free time, he he)
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Hey! As I said in the YKDB... really great!^^
Is there a way to join the project?
:roll:
~En To Pan~
sailorsim

Post by sailorsim »

whoa! i didn't know that it wasn't Maaya singing :lol: great job!
itada19

Post by itada19 »

...At first...I thought it was Maaya but then....it wasn't....you got me there!
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Have you guys tried to make a rough English translation of a Maaya song and cover it as such?
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

well, an..... no, we did't try this :)

it's already challenging to re-arrange the songs with the lyrics as they are, but if we were to change the lyrics too, it would be totally crazy :) :) :)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Also... don't you guys have an album cover? With your pictures if possible? :D
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

great job, as expected from you guys!!

i'm also desperate to have my own maaya cover band, but apparently my guitar skill is way too low *maaya songs are too difficult too* and also it's too damn hard to find a female singer that like singing maaya here,,

again nice covers.. hope seeing more from you guys later!!
man, so many songs to record in a 10 hours duration. i'm amazed, seriously..
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="mike_s_6"]Also... don't you guys have an album cover? With your pictures if possible? :D [/quote]

I'm working on it, but I'm waiting for Dilly picture too, and this damn crazy but perfect singer forgot her cam :lol:

so it will only be in a few days when she would have recovered it ;)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Hey! As I said in the YKDB... really great!^^
Is there a way to join the project?
Ha, ha, perhaps the more the merrier :P
Have you guys tried to make a rough English translation of a Maaya song and cover it as such?
I did want to try but ultimately there wasn't time, we rehearsed six hours and recorded/mixed for ten so it was a bit tight :lol: I might try some in the future though.

Annnd I left my camera in my university house and came home without it ^^;