The Other Side of Lucy ~ Live Recording 2008.06.13 ~

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

In zShare, it's up to 233 downloads now. The torrent has 852 completed downloads :)
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="mike_s_6"]In zShare, it's up to 233 downloads now. The torrent has 852 completed downloads :) [/quote]

otsu!!!
So happy that you guys are having so much success. I already commented, but I'll say you guys did a great job, once more.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thank you!!
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="dillpops"]
edit: well, the subject finally turned up on 2ch :lol: "well, if it's not Maaya singing Maaya's songs then it's dame (no good). I'll admit the music is good though"
[/quote]
I didn't understand... where did you get that comment ? :odd:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

2ch is a huuuuggge forum in Japanese :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2ch

It has a lot of threads dedicated to Maaya and Yoko Kanno :maayagrin: :neko: but since the comment is kinda (definately) true ha ha :P Maaya can sing Maaya songs perfectly, coincidentally!!

Maaya - we did this all for you, I wonder if you read your own threads!!

edit: another edit but, just a note about Yubiwa - it was the 13th song of the day ON FRIDAY THE 13th!!!! Mysterious, huh? :evil:

Hmm, other production notes...we practiced with both here/daniel/yukka before recording while we were getting warmed up and used to the studio. But the first song we recorded was Makiba Alice (I think....?)....we then went through a couple of others but at first it was really difficult, we kept having to start again :( but around Chibikko Folk we hit a roll and somehow recorded about four in one take :oops:

Mysterious Friday the 13th!!
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

[quote="Jérôme."][quote="dillpops"]
edit: well, the subject finally turned up on 2ch :lol: "well, if it's not Maaya singing Maaya's songs then it's dame (no good). I'll admit the music is good though"
[/quote]
I didn't understand... where did you get that comment ? :odd:[/quote]

That comment is pure elitism if you ask me. With that logic, it follows that no other person can sing Maaya's songs, however good of a singer they are.

Whoever made that comment is probably just surprised that Pippa sounds good and is jealous. People are ruthless over the net :P
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

I think the guy was expecting some new material from Maaya, and was disappointed when realizing it was just us ;)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

maaya songs are best sung by maaya herself that's true of course.. no one doubt that. but it's cover versions that we're talking here.. i think you made a good job among the covers i've heard so far *mostly from youtube*.. so u deserved all the praise. :)

if you somehow manage to create ur own songs in the future, let me know.. ill be happy to be among the first listeners :)

*still hoping i could do the same thing here in my own country*[/size] :P
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thanks kirei ^^V
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I think you migth have more favorable reaction if you post it on Niconico's 歌ってみた section... most of Maaya songs there are really dreadful.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

This is true, wota's are protective of their idols :lol:
milites

Awesome work..thx for sharing..

Post by milites »

Marvelous! your voice is so sweet and the guitar player's perfomance is superb!! and you have perfect japanese pronounciation..I cant believe that you are not a native japanese.

it may sound somewhat sorry for maaya-san, but I personally think that some of your works, like yucca, alkaloid, are far better than the original songs.

Thanks again for sharing these awesome works.

ehh..and sorry for my awkward English;; I'm a (NATIVE) Korean :)
Music is my life!!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thank you very much :oops: don't worry about your english - it's perfect :)
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="dillpops"]
[/quote]

Whatever... Man I've heard lots of dame covers. This was not one of them. I have heard maaya cover, this was definitely the best I've heard. It was studio quality, your voice is damn close plus the instrumentation was good... Maybe you could go back to the 2ch thread now, maybe someone has corrected that person. I'm going to look on nico now to see if I can find any maaya covers even close to you guy's.

So a cover is only good when someone famous does it??? go!go!7188 covers other people all the time, are their covers dame just because its not "whoever" singing the song??? No F-ing way....
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I kept reading that 'dame' in your post as in Lord/Lady/Dame title and was wondering if that was some new kind of street slang! I'm a fool!!

I think if I become famous I want to do a Maaya cover for sure!!! I love cover versions, KOKIA's version of 'Moonlight Shadow', Maaya's version of the Beatles etc. etc.

I think Nico has *actual* Japanese people so I bet there are some real cute girls on it!

edit: zshare link is up to 300 downloads :oops: thanks everyone!