Ranka Lee

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Ranka Lee

Post by Imurann »

Have you guys check the latest opening for Macross Frontier? Ranka chan is taking the stage from now on I guess, her voice is also sweet and easy to listen to. I really like the part where she give the pose (in the anime opening theme), really full of energy, keep up the good work Ranka chan!

Sheryl Nome on the other hand just released a bad ending theme song, eventhough two names comes out for the lyrical is from aunt yuho and gab robin. Well assumption that is Kanno's fault, because most songs didnt turn out this bad lol. Its more like for disco dancing song, I just listen to it and probably said ".. I didnt notice.. >_<"

Well let's see how the fight between those two goes on, to add in Maaya as well, so it will be a triple fight! XD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
itada19

Post by itada19 »

Hehehe, triangle eh?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I'm completely the opposite :lol: I can't stand that OP with the Ranka song but I love, love, love Sheryl's new ending song 'Northern Cross' :D I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder alright :evil:
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Megumi's OP isn't too bad. Its a bit light for a series that is becoming more serious, thats my only gripe. Diamond Crevasse and Infinity are still my favourites, Seikanhikou is quite catchy, Northern Cross sounds great but it doesn't stick in my mind like Crevasse.

Maybe they should have reversed it, play Seikanhikou in the first half of the series and Triangler in the second. The Megumi's single is tempting mainly because it has Ai oboeteimasuka, but its the deculture version not full length.It is almost criminal to release an abbreviated version of that song. It has to be full length or I'm not buying.

Oh, and ideally I want to see Sharon resurrected and a Apple/Nomu duet.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

[quote="dillpops"]I'm completely the opposite :lol: I can't stand that OP with the Ranka song but I love, love, love Sheryl's new ending song 'Northern Cross' :D I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder alright :evil:[/quote]

Same here ;) Even though I love Seikan Hikou, the OP just didn't fit in, it was forced. They didn't have a real TV-cut version so they just cut up the song which made it sound forced, and recycled the images in the animation itself. It didn't do justice to the song.

I didn't like Northern Cross in the ED either, but once I heard the full version, I just gawked. It rocks *__*

[quote="Kaimugen"]
Oh, and ideally I want to see Sharon resurrected and a Apple/Nomu duet.[/quote]

Oh, this makes me day dream again. If Grace is really Sharon, and turns out that she's just pretending to be the enemy... and then she and Sheryl sings together *heaven*

[quote="Imurann"]Sheryl Nome on the other hand just released a bad ending theme song, eventhough two names comes out for the lyrical is from aunt yuho and gab robin. Well assumption that is Kanno's fault, because most songs didnt turn out this bad lol. Its more like for disco dancing song, I just listen to it and probably said ".. I didnt notice.. >_<"
[/quote]

So, you were also the same person who posted this in Atashi's Blog?

[quote="Imu"]
It’s all Gabrobin’s idea, should have let Yuho do the writings, but noo.. she have to meddle in it, have to make it “anime wise”. Really a big shot at May’n rep, and probably attracts different type of fans. (probably those disco types)

Sorry sulking here :) [/quote]

Here's my reply if you haven't read:

[quote="mai"]
I don’t understand how you could tell apart which part of the lyrics are Gabriela’s and which part are Iwasato’s. For all you know, Gabriela might just have suggested using only a few phrases and that already meant she gets part of the credits to “lyricist”. The music staff had explicit requirements from the anime director to align the lyrics with the anime and its environment, I reckon they’d both be out of jobs by now if they didn’t follow the director’s orders.

How can it be a big shot in May’n’s reputation? She’s been singing poppy pop songs in all of her previous singles, even covering Madonna’s Papa Don’t Preach (disco type!). If she didn’t want to sing “anime-wise” songs, she shouldn’t have accepted the contract to sing for an anime franchise that is known to churn tons of anime songs. Why blame the music staff who knows they’re writing a song tailored for an anime for the reputation of a singer who chooses what she sings for?[/quote]

Now I realize that you're not just referring to the lyrics, but to the song as a whole. You shouldn't have mentioned Yuuho Iwasato in the first place because she was probably not involved in the musical aspect, just the lyrics. If you think it's a terrible song melody and arrangement-wise, then the composer is really to blame (though it's arguable that it's matter of taste).

My two cents :) Peace okay :)
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Mike, is the Grace/Sharon theory floating around MWF? Sharon would mess with people's heads but I doubt she would use a dimension eater (unless after all this time she really went off the deep end).

I'vs been watching the raw and I'm still neutral on both songs (come back Triangler, Crevasse, I miss you already!)
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

The Grace/Sharon theory is actually in all forums I go to, including MWF. I think all the talk just comes from nostalgia from Macross + fans. I'd be happy to just hear just one Macross Plus song on Macross F. They've done lots of references to DYRL, 7 and Zero, and no strong reference to Plus? The only reference of Plus that I remember is the Isamu flight pattern that the guys were practicing before the Sheryl performance. I wonder what the chances are that Grace is Sharon...
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Mike, you'll probably find out in 9 more episodes.

By the way, do you have the Cream P.U.F album? Perhaps after the earth concert Sharon's music was banned and the incident hushed up because of this:"Programming within this recording effects the listener's active psycho-physiological responses, which may affect personality or emotions", "Possible aggressive inter-reactions may occur", "Listen with caution" Isamu may have destroyed her but the music could still affect people.

Also, Kanno may be avoiding Mac Plus because she doesn't want to revisit her old work.

Edit: Good news from CDJapan, OST 2 up for preorders http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=VTCL-60061. But you have to get in line behind yours truely :D .
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

The hand thing from Macross Plus also keeps popping up. First episode at the academy when all the pilot students are doing it then in the new ending animation May'n also does it. You know, the middle three fingers together, thumb and little finger out and point up to air thing.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

[quote="Kaimugen"]
Edit: Good news from CDJapan, OST 2 up for preorders http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=VTCL-60061. But you have to get in line behind yours truely :D .[/quote]

Wraaaar! Falls in line, now!!! :) :) :)

I believe it's "Nyan Tra" for "Nyan Triangle(r)", just like "Nyan Fro" is "Nyan Frontier".

"Nyan For (Fans Only)", anyone?
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Mike :D

They could churn out a lot of cds if they wanted. Nyan Rabu (lovers only), Ranka sings Minmay, Sheryls tour cd (identical to the cds available if you lived in frontier, wow), Chinese water torture feat. Ranka singing Aimo (the disc automatically loops itself and refuses to eject from your player).

The Frontier site and CDJ don't have the tracklist out yet.

And Ep 18, WOW!
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

I'm up for a CD naming game, but I have a strong feeling that I'll lose. Did you guys know that Macross World held a Valkyrie naming game alongside the official naming contest of the VF-25... and someone got "Messiah" correctly?!

Here are my guesses for future CDs:

Nyan For (Fans Only) - as mentioned above
Nyan Ai(mo) - they sure have enough versions of this for one mini CD. Who knows there might even be a Bobby version
Nyan Nya(n) - (well what do you know)
Nyan Tori - well so many Kanno stuff are named after birds so why not

All for now.

EDIT: Just realized, we're soo off-topic. I'll start the guessing game in the Gabby blog.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

We're not off topic. The posts are still about Ranka right?

The only thing is why is it in the living room and not the garden or ongaku?
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Maaya didnt make any followup songs, that's why..

But the ending song really spoil half of my mood, plus I haven't really listened to the full ending.

Yeah I know who writes what.. dont put me in a noob shoes when it comes to writings.

I'll re comment what I have just said if the other half of the song turns out great. Because I expect nothing less than best from Aunt's work.

Ranka chan's Seikan Hikou is nice, admit it! XD rofl

It's one of my favorites now, plus going to loop it together along with Action! (Wonderland song) so going to be a double whammy effect.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

(Just got my *copy*)

The time has reached. I will make a translation for Northern Star/Cross (Preferably I will call it "Northern Star" from now on), LION is good too, but heck I will use A LOT of customized words, and puck formality!

Let Jealousy burn your FAT~! *rolls up sleeves* hmph!