NEW ALBUM 'Kazeyomi' OUT! 36,061 first week no.3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
spoony

Post by spoony »

All the songs are piano + vocal, like in most of the other Maaya piano books (although there was a piano version of Universe in one), and I'm not a very good singer, haha. I could record the piano part if you like. Any requests?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I request Ao no Ether and Kazamidori :evil: (since you asked) bwahahahahah
spoony

Post by spoony »

I'd better get practising! I'll try to put up a recording within a week (will have to work out how to get rid of the echo of my piano)
spoony

Post by spoony »

Okay then, here they are.

Ao no Ether http://rapidshare.com/files/230359259/a ... o.mp3.html
Kazamidori http://rapidshare.com/files/230359991/k ... o.mp3.html

(Sorry, links can only be downloaded 10 times each. I don't know where I can host mp3's permanently.)

Hopefully the editing is smooth enough as there were a lot of page turns involved. It sounds a bit robotic too at times, but I my main concern was to keep at the same speed so I had some headphones plugged into a metronome, lol. I thought maybe somebody might want to use it to sing to.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Wow!!! So fast!!!!!!!!! Spoony they sound great!! I love them!

(Of course I want to sing to them :D )
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="spoony"]Okay then, here they are.

Ao no Ether http://rapidshare.com/files/230359259/a ... o.mp3.html
Kazamidori http://rapidshare.com/files/230359991/k ... o.mp3.html

(Sorry, links can only be downloaded 10 times each. I don't know where I can host mp3's permanently.)

Hopefully the editing is smooth enough as there were a lot of page turns involved. It sounds a bit robotic too at times, but I my main concern was to keep at the same speed so I had some headphones plugged into a metronome, lol. I thought maybe somebody might want to use it to sing to.[/quote]
Try bandongo, mediafire, megaupload, sendspace, or share-bee, I recommend mediafire personally... None of these services limit your download to 10, and I've come across megaupload links from 07 I believe... still alive and kicking...

Edit:
I'll request vento, you can send a .wav or a .flac, no need to convert to mp3, unless you record straight to mp3, listening to ao as I type, very nice, I'd love to sing vento using your great piano skills!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

whoow...
ao no ether :) .. then i shall ask okitegami and uchuu hikoushi no uta :lol:

things getting outside border here.. XD
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
spoony

Post by spoony »

@jigenbakuda: Thanks for the recommendations. I'll have a look at those sites. I converted the recordings to mp3 cos the wav format was about 50MB each. I'll record the piano accompaniment of Vento for you in wav and post it here. The singer will have to provide all of the vocal parts though according to the book, haha. (I can scan/take a picture of the music to give you an idea of what I mean.)

@kirei_lanford: I would love to be able to play those pieces for you as they are some of my favourites, but alas there is no Shounen Alice piano book. I have the following books:

Kazeyomi (Plus)
30 minute night flight (Plus)
Yuunagi Loop (Plus)
Hotchpotch & Nikopachi

The first three are vocal + piano, so great for karaoke, lol. The "plus" means there are singles on it too (like Kotomichi from Triangler single, and Praline from Ame ga Furu). Hotchpotch & Nikopachi is all piano solos, but you could sing along or just miss out the melody notes when playing.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Whereabouts in the UK are you Spoony? We could do with a piano on the next The Other Side of Lucy album :) branch out the sound from just me and Jerome. It sounds so nice *_*
spoony

Post by spoony »

I'm in Gloucestershire, which borders Wales (a lot of people don't seem to know where it is). That would be so cool to do something :O I would be honoured to have your lovely voice sing over my piano part, lol. (That sounded a bit weird)

Oh, I forgot to add in my previous post that I can do a transcription or arrangement of other songs (I used to run a website for that kind of thing) but that would take a bit of time, obviously. And I'm always thinking "gah, this doesn't sound as good as the original".
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Singing over your piano part, eh? Haha. Awesome. I'm in Coventry! The border of Wales is only a couple of hours away. Jerome's in France though which is why it takes a bit of co-ordination haha.

You used to have a arrangement site? That's cool!

EDIT: I forgot, Spoony, I have the first Maaya piano collection which has these songs not on the others:

I.D
Hashiru (album version)
Yukka
Kodoku
DIVE
Orenji iro to Yubikiri
Aoi Hitomi
MY BEST FRIEND
Kaze ga fuku hi
sono mama de iin da

I don't mind scanning them if you want any tracks :wink:
spoony

Post by spoony »

Gaaaah.. if you could, that would be great!! I've been looking for that book for ages, but haven't been able to find it anywhere that will deliver it to the UK :( It's available on Amazon.co.jp but it can't be sent abroad. I wish I could get it though, lol. Having a book is ten times better than loads of pieces of paper flapping about. I heard that the arrangement in that book is pretty simple though?

Coventry isn't too far from me I think... It feels closer than it is cos I used to go to university in Birmingham which is quite close I think.

And yeah, I used to own this site called Ichigo's which does anime and game music. It went down a few years ago cos the website had too much traffic to pay for, lol. Somebody else is keeping it up now.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Oh!! I think I used to go there :D small world!

Yeah the arrangements seem pretty simple, maybe they would benefit some lovely embellishment :)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

great!! now the other side of lucy has a new member...
i just wish im close too so i could look u guys when rehearsals and recording...

there are no guitar books,,, so pity. but i can't read blocks so.. no use for me hahah... ive figured out some songs but never shaping good.. wanna take serious guitar lesson >.<
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
spoony

Post by spoony »

[quote="jigenbakuda"]Edit:
I'll request vento, you can send a .wav or a .flac, no need to convert to mp3, unless you record straight to mp3, listening to ao as I type, very nice, I'd love to sing vento using your great piano skills![/quote]

Here's the piano part for Vento:
mp3: http://www.mediafire.com/?nmxtzz5tgwo
wav (16mb): http://www.mediafire.com/?11k4yvzilzg

Hope it's okay :) I had headphones plugged in to my ipod so I was playing along to the recording to keep the right speed. Sorry my piano's a bit out of tune at the top.

@kirei_lanford: I know it's not much, but in the piano books they include the chord names over the top of the music which you could play with a guitar. No tabs though.