NEW ALBUM 'Kazeyomi' OUT! 36,061 first week no.3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

ive just ordered kazeyomi!
can't wait until next month,, ><
postcard.. i was hoping a wallpaper
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

yeaahhh, I feel the same. I am considering canceling my whole order until the exchange rate is better--I don't care about a postcard; I wanted a poster.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's disappointing but I don't think I'll cancel my order as the exchange rate is now 133yen to a pound - so awful! At this rate I won't be able to buy another Jpop cd ever again!

However, I thought CDJapan sent the posters out sometimes without warning? I don't remember being told my 30minutes Night Flight would have a poster with it before it arrived at the door. Isn't it usually like that?
Himitsu

Post by Himitsu »

dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Trust the one day I don't check the internet to be the day the special site opens :lol: Thanks Himitsu!

Nothing much there at the moment, I assume the whirling icons at the top will have more special content soon. The photos are really nice though - this is a really nice shoot I must say. I look forward to the booklet. Apparently she shot them in Hokkaido according to the new Hot Recent Section thing on her site.

Now...this is where I must resist all previews till the album arrives in January. It's rare they have previews for all the tracks though isn't it? Must...not...listen...
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Park where the jacket pictures were shot.
http://www.sapporo-park.or.jp/moere/english.php
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

I think I'm gonna loove this cd!!!!
;D
I heard some of the previews (not all of them.. I want a surprise XD), and I loved every song!!! :D

Awesome!!
Can't wait till 14th of january

:D
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

[quote="dillpops"]However, I thought CDJapan sent the posters out sometimes without warning? I don't remember being told my 30minutes Night Flight would have a poster with it before it arrived at the door. Isn't it usually like that?[/quote]

The posters from CDJ always seemed like a freebie to me. There hasn`t been specific mention of posters with any of the stuff I`ve ordered there, even the Miku posters were a surprise. So I`m hoping for a poster too, the Kazeyomi photoshoot looks so good.
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]Now...this is where I must resist all previews till the album arrives in January. It's rare they have previews for all the tracks though isn't it? Must...not...listen...[/quote]
Aw c'mon dilly, you know you want to listen to the previews. They are reeeaaaalllyyy good (and short anyways). I even made it easy for everyone and posted Flash and mp3 versions of the clips on MS.net. :neko:

I think my favorites songs are Vento and Guitar Hiki ni naritai na. Remedy, Sonic Boom and Kazamidori are very nice too. I was expecting Ao no Ether to sound better, but it's still a decent cover by Maaya. I pretty much love all the tracks with exception of Peanuts, which sounds the weakest IMO.

PS. When are you going to sing more covers of Maaya songs? I'm highly anticipating the next song from The Other Side of Lucy. :D
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

There were a couple of people dissapointed with the previews over at Gabriela Robin but mostly it seems people are pleased with how it's shaping up. I'm glad! And Jason, you are a very naughty boy for trying to break my resolve >_<

Covering more Maaya songs eh? I don't know :D someday!! We usually seem to have a random break of a year between releases haha

Also, about Ao no Ether, I've been wondering whether it's less a 'cover' by Maaya and more like a spruced up demo version for Megumi. Since Maaya wrote the lyrics and Kanno the music, unless Megumi can read music etc. it's very likely she got Maaya's version to learn the song from. Maybe Maaya liked it so much she re-recorded a proper version ^___^

I know Perfume have had both Nakata and the girl from Capsule on their demos to learn the song off.

Although, maybe Megumi got a Kanno vocal version to learn :D
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

why is vento and ao no ether previews didn't work on me..?
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

From today in Japan you will be able to get Chaku-uta (ringtones) for Japanese cell phones of all the tracks. These are usually shortened versions BUT there are three tracks in full from the album available:

kazemachi JET ~kazeyomi edition
Remedy
Colors

Also, a cute little Maaya page up here, Maaya shows us what's in her bag:

http://cosme.beauty.yahoo.co.jp/column/ ... index.html
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]why is vento and ao no ether previews didn't work on me..?[/quote]
They took those samples off Maaya's official web site. I encoded Flash and mp3 versions and posted them to my Maaya fansite, so you find Vento and Ao no Ether clips on there.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

・1/10(土)TBSラジオ 「かぜよみ」リリース記念特別番組
 『坂本真綾 地図と手紙と恋のうた presents かぜよみ SPECIAL』 20:00~21:00
 *「かぜよみ」リリースを記念してお送りする特別番組。
 「かぜよみ」に込めた想いを坂本真綾本人が語る1時間。
 もちろん収録楽曲もたっぷりとオンエア!初オンエア楽曲もあります!
Maaya will be having a special broadcast of Chizu to Tegami to Koi no Uta on the 10th of January to commemorate the release of her new album Kazeyomi!! It will be a one hour broadcast and of course she'll be playing songs from the new album!! From 8pm-9pm.