NEW ALBUM 'Kazeyomi' OUT! 36,061 first week no.3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

I usually don't comment on these types of discussions, but I will this time.

Okay first off maaya-needing yoko.

I don't think maaya need kanno, but you would be a fool to say kanno (a high caliber producer) does not enhance maayas songs. Maaya can only provide half of a song, the vocals. So techinacally if maaya doesn't NEED kanno to make a song, she NEEDS someone else, so its kind of unfair the way people are phrasing.. or putting it.

Yoko and maaya

Now we can say without a doubt that that maaya has worked with kanno the most. Out of all available producers in the world, the one who knows maaya the best is kanno. If there is anyone in the world who can compose a song and make it for maaya, I would think it would be kanno, simply because of the length of time they worked together. So I believe that simply the amount of time they worked together, would allow them to be able to work more efficiently and also give the other what they want out of the song.

After the break up

Since they stopped making music together, 2 albums have been made and 1 is about to be released. They were both very good quality,imo. They had... different feels, but still good. From what I've heard of the singles she has released, the new album looks like its going to be good too.

Although I must say that my favorite 2 maaya related albums were produced by kanno, 23ji and easy listening (used to be lucy for top maaya album). Although my favorite 2 maaya related things are by kanno doesn't mean that without kanno she fails, it just means the music will sound different.

I do not judge how good an artist is by their sales, it depends on how their songs make me feel. So maaya selling more or less after kanno leaving means nothing to me. As a fan, I judge her music by how it affects me. I personally love jazz and love kanno jazz especially, but that does not take away from the song other producers have made for maaya.

Well thats just my 2 cents, either way, I'm happy this album is coming and coming soon :)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I actually can't wait for the new album - if only I could go to the concert too.

By the way, the Japanese fans are calling it a 'one man tour'. I don't know about anyone else, but I imagine a one man tour to be singer+instrument only. Of course Maaya performed 'ai suru koto/NO FEAR' with a piano by herself last year but she said it took her half a year or something to learn/practice. Can she really pull off a whole show with those skills?

Although I don't think I remember it being called a one man tour on her official page at all. Did I misread something?
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

one man tour..?

i prefer maaya coupled with at least pianist, *hopefully there'll be kanno-san too*..

well of course the other instruments are brought by behind stage people.. *if not on stage*. that's a must. so i don't really agree with the term one man show.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Kirei, maybe she'll get Suzuki to handle the piano.

Ok, I will be in Japan until the end of January next year. Are the any members here that can help me get a ticket to her concert? I've tried my Japanese friend and also online and still no confirmation. The fact that I'm quite happy with the idea of mugging a concert goer for their ticket means I'm getting desperate.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Use a proxy service for Yahoo Japan auction. Easiest way, I'd say. You won't be able to know if the seats are any good but most people seem to have success using them. I've never done it so I can't say.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

You've mentioned it before Dilly. I've had a look and the prices are pretty high in some cases (over twice the actual price, damn scalpers).
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's the price to pay for convenience...
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Oh my, good luck Kai!
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

[quote="dillpops"]It's the price to pay for convenience...[/quote]

Stupid convenience...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Full tracklist:

Kazeyomi

2009 14th January
VTZL-8 ¥3,570
VTCL-60085 ¥3,045

<収録内容>
01.Vento
   作詞・作曲・編曲:窪田ミナ

02.Triangler (TVアニメ「マクロスF」OPテーマ)
   作詞:Gabriela Robin 作曲・編曲:菅野よう子

03. kazemachi JET~kazeyomi edition (TVアニメ「ツバサ・クロニクル」EDテーマNew Version)
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲・編曲:鈴木祥子

04.Remedy (TVアニメ「鉄のラインバレル」新EDテーマ)
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲・編曲:solaya

05.ame ga furu (TVアニメ「鉄のラインバレル」EDテーマ)
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲:かの香織 編曲:斎藤ネコ

06.Get No Satisfaction!
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲:北川勝利 編曲:河野 伸

07.Aoi no Ether (TVアニメ「マクロスF」挿入歌セルフカヴァー)
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲・編曲:菅野よう子

08.Shitsuren Cafe
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲:TABO 編曲:中村タイチ

09.SONIC BOOM (OAD「ツバサ春雷記」OPテーマ)
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲・編曲:市川裕一

10.Peanuts
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲・編曲:BARGAINS

11.Saigo no Kajitsu (OAD「ツバサTOKYO REVELATIONS」主題歌)
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲:鈴木祥子 編曲:斎藤ネコ

12.Colors (コニカミノルタプラネタリウム“満天”in Sunshine City「Planet cafe 星空の虹」イメージソング)
   作詞:tim jensen 作曲:ACO 編曲:河野 伸

13.KAZAMIDORI
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲:横田はるな 編曲:渡辺善太郎

14.Guitar Hiki ni naritai na
   作詞:坂本真綾 作曲・編曲:神田朋樹

DVD contents:
1. Saigo no Kajitsu PV
2. Triangler PV
3. Ame ga furu PV
#F!

Post by #F! »

The first song called "Vento", is a portuguese word that means wind. Cool, maybe there will be more portuguese words in this song.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

are u sure??
or mybe it's just an instrumental track?
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

It names Mina Kubota as lyricist, so I guess it's a vocal track.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Tim Jensen ? So she's going to sing in english that would be so nice !
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

Saigo no Kajitsu is another neko song, uhm... has this one been released? I really want to hear it...