NEW ALBUM 'Kazeyomi' OUT! 36,061 first week no.3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
jason

Post by jason »

The track list is actually posted on Maaya's official site (I assume that's where coma got the info). In any case, the album is looking pretty good so far. I'm not surprised Maaya is performing the Tsubasa Shunraiki OP, but it seems odd that Victor Ent. wouldn't release it on a single first. I wonder if the new ED for Kurogane no Linebarrel new ED will be released on a single... I also wonder what exactly Planet Cafe is in terms of the last track.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Cool a Maaya english track, its been so long since the last one and Aoi no ether should be superb. Pity there are so many tracks that have already been released as a single though, about 2/3rds of the album. Makes me think I should stop buying singles.[/quote]
2/3rds isn't quite accurate. Triangler, Ame ga Furu, Kazemachi Jet & Saigo no Kajitsu have been previously released on singles, which is 4 songs. And the version of Kazemachi Jet is different on the album, so one could argue it doesn't count. Of course, only 8 tracks out of 14 have been announced. At this point, I would not say the new album is collection of singles.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Sorry Jason, you are correct, I can't count today :D .
But the stance that this version of Kazemachi Jetto is different and therefore doesn't count is a little like the Aimo syndrome in the Mac F OST's.
Hmm, but if I do stop buying the singles I would miss stuff like Purarine, damn she still has me hooked!

As an aside, there has been some comments at Mai's Gabriela Robin site that are interesting. Does anyone here think that Kanno is neccessary for a good Maaya song? Or can our girl go it alone, or at least without Kanno?
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I was kinda disappointed.

Singles collection.. I wonder if did she delay the real work that she was meant to released? I would love to listen to the product that wouldn't sell rather than endless chatters from the damn producer
(sorry, I'm sulking a bit here)

For now,
Quote from Kurogane no Linebarrels

"You make me sick*

:|

[quote="Kaimugen"]As an aside, there has been some comments at Mai's Gabriela Robin site that are interesting. Does anyone here think that Kanno is neccessary for a good Maaya song? Or can our girl go it alone, or at least without Kanno?[/quote]

*Mai .. a real fan XD

Seriously, I think she was quite alone for quite some time now.. to the bitter end, I still think her songs are far more worth listening than other songs that I've met before. Even her writing has improved tri-fold that it was last 5 years. Still, as I observed, she couldn't make too many songs at a time, that could make her disappear for a 3-4 years just to make a full 14 songs album, at probably in that time wouldn't have much listeners either.

She's right now in between somewhere in her personal life and what Aunt Yuho sought to fought in her writings... still there is too much, just too much losses.. I would love if she continued her work and more and more songs similar like Purarine, Park Amsterdam, Active Heart, Platina and so forth.. (probably it wasn't her wish to make those songs.. just to balance up the other kinds of sad songs)

The database could have reach 1k of songs if she kept on making it.. kinda that is a lot.. even as some of us managed to flash memory the tremendous 100+ Maaya songs in our mind actively, I still think we are nearing hear lesser songs in the near future.

Even for myself, I haven't finish exploring Shounen Alice's album just yet, as it was the starting point of Maaya's independence.. there is still much we can learn from it.

> I had to ask, who have met Maaya san personally before, in this forum? from afar, is Maaya a shy person?
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="Kaimugen"]As an aside, there has been some comments at Mai's Gabriela Robin site that are interesting. Does anyone here think that Kanno is neccessary for a good Maaya song? Or can our girl go it alone, or at least without Kanno?[/quote]

Maaya can make some great songs.. but composition-wise,, Kanno could make some masterpieces. :)

*imagine maaya's classic songs in grapefruit and dive being remastered,, with better studio work and with current maaya voice quality* :roll:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

No one should ever say Maaya needs Yoko Kanno to make good music :cry: upsets me greatly. The amount of backlash against Triangler should have proven that. Thought that would have taught the people who say that a lesson. Obviously not :roll:

OH MY WORD AOI ETHER MAAYA VERSION?? I called it

Anyhoo, I'm happy with the way this album is shaping up. Maaya seems to have a lot of solid tracks under her belt (I like Triangler for one, and the singles since Yuunagi LOOP haven't been disappointing at all) In fact, I'll be surprised if this isn't a stronger album that Yuunagi LOOP all round.

I hope that I won't be surprised :P

I'm looking forward to this album...woo. But will Triangler stick out like a sore thumb? Tis interesting to put it first on the album. :P
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

[quote="Imurann"]

*Mai .. a real fan XD
[/quote]

(Kai, you have to back me up here.) I wasn't the one who said that Kanno is necessary for a good Maaya song. On the absolute contrary! Kai was talking about the people who comment on my blog, of whose opinions I have no control over (nor do I desire to control them), though I try to balance it out by sharing my opinions too as a contradiction to theirs.

And Imu, I just noticed that I've made few recent posts in this forum, positive as they were, that missed snide comments from you. I'm not the biggest Maaya fan, a casual fan in fact, but does that mean I'm not welcome here?
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I was just complementing on you :)

(My English is sometimes rather confusing, though people in this forum already get the hang of it though XD - I'm an idiot sometimes, so just forgive me..)

> I feel that you're a real Yoko Kanno fan, and knows a lot about her works. Reminds me of my senior friend in campus, he loves the songs of Kanno since the early Macross age. I do not think we should separate, because Yoko Kanno, as how she is.. tries to be herself more often. I think you also knows this better than I do. Furthermore, we are old enough to understand about their feelings well.

I know where this is going.. but seriously saying, I have no idea what Yoko Kanno is thinking, she is a brilliant person and a genius ever since I known her during the past 10 years ago. Standalone as she is, she can withstand even during the hardest winds of competition in music, that shows how strong she is. She could easily make a new song that is unique and nice to listen to, (even the songs from Ragnarok II is nice, simply love them).

Though, I'm a weak person, don't expect me to understand someone that spectacular XD

(though personally.. competition does makes me work harder.. and skin off my laziness, I think it is a positive thing)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

@Mike. Sorry, I didn't mean to get you stressed out. The fault was mine for not being clearer.

For the record: someone else posted at Gabriela Robin that Maaya must work with Kanno, absolutely NOT Mike.

Btw Mike, you probably keep up to date with Maaya stuff more than I do so you would be a better fan than me. I was just wondering how members here felt about the Maaya/Kanno situation since I know Yuunagi LOOP was a bit dissappointing for some.

So long as Kazeyomi is as good as 30min I'll be very happy. The tracklist are of songs that have been previously broadcast or released right (eg for anime)? So would it be safe to assume the other 6 would be new songs for this album? 6 new tracks of Maaya goodness, mmmm.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

I guess it's clear now :) , so let's just get back on discussion :P

I couldn't find right now which of the comments in my blog mentioned that Maaya should have stuck with Kanno for song quality, but there was someone who mentioned that Maaya should have kept the ties because Kanno always gets high-profile animations and would like Maaya to be associated with such works. I personally think that the person could not be thinking anything bad of Maaya by wishing so, but the argument is not without its flaws.

First, Maaya has worked with equally popular titles after working with Kanno. Second, is that I think it would be better to have Maaya sing for animation songs which have been written with her as part of the initial plan. Triangler sounds like she was decided on after the song writing was finished, making it so that the song fits the animation, but the song and songstress were not so. Kanno has her job to do, which is to make a song that fits the animation, and this is not always going to be good for Maaya - it's best not to force it.

I'm going to bet that the other 6 songs will be brand new songs, and I'm excited to hear how they turn out to be! And I'm pretty sure that Maaya's Ao no Ether would be much better than the original. Megumi Nakajima is really a newbie and has to learn to have emotions and more technique in her voice. I'm pretty sure the new Ao no Ether will have the same audience response as Maaya's vs Megumi's Aimo :P
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Chigau.. megumi no aoi wa hommono no koe.. watashi wa wakaru..

.. it was from deep within her heart, those voice that she makes.. Maaya mou..
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Source: Maaya's JVC Site:
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/news/index.html

9.カザミドリ  作詞:坂本真綾 作曲:横田はるな 編曲:渡辺善太郎

10.Get No Satisfaction! 作詞:坂本真綾 作曲:北川勝利 編曲:河野 伸

11.失恋カフェ 作詞:坂本真綾 作曲:TABO 編曲:中村タイチ
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Britney Spears?

lol XD

anyway.. looking foward to Kazamidori and Heartbreak Cafe :)
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Translation.

9. Kazamidori
Lyrics: Maaya Sakamoto Music: Yokota Haruna Arrangement: Watanabe Zentarou
10. Get No Satisfaction!
Lyrics: Maaya Sakamoto Music: Kitagawa Katsutoshi Arrangement: Kouno Shin
11. Shitsuren Cafe
Lyrics: Maaya Sakamoto Music: TABO Arrangement: Nakamura Taichi
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

like i said maaya can make some good musics after the break-up with kanno. but all this time we've been hearing really high-standard music from her previous albums *which are mostly done by kanno*.. so mybe that's the case.

now looking the fact that maaya wrote almost all lyrics on this album.. im really looking forward to hear them.

ps:aoi ether has grow rapidly these few days on me.. i fear that this song will be my favorite in this next album of her. well,, it's possible.. since we haven't hear the full version and maaya isn't the one who sung it in Maccross F. :)
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.