Maaya's Osaka live

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Maaya's Osaka live

Post by Kaimugen »

So Yuki and I went to the concert. EVERY song was SPECTACULAR! This is the list plus a comentary:

1. Vento
2. Get no satisfaction. She appeared behind a white screen wearing a red outfit and started singing. This is such a fun song, it was a great start.
3. Triangler. I knew she was going to sing this but I didn't realise how great this song is live. @Mike, if she sang the Mac F version the way she sang the live version this song would be counted among her best. Her performance was really gutsy and strong, without the annoying high notes.
4. Loop. Lovely.
5. Kazemachi Jetto. The Kazeyomi version. Sooo goood. She was dancing and holding up her hands when she sang the "kono te wo.." bit.
6. Ame ga furu. Strong, beautiful performance. Even Yuki who didn't think much about this song liked the live.
7. New song (I don't know the title, sorry, but it was one of the upbeat ones)
8. At this point she said "I will sing some of my old songs". Yuki and I looked at each other like OMG. And she sang..... Kiseki no umi! Amazing, amazing. A this point I officially died and went to heaven.
9. Kaze ga fuku hi. Always a great song to really hear Maaya's voice. The live was no different, gentle, airy, beautiful.
10. Purarine. This has been on my all time favourite shortlist since I got the single so needless to say I loved the live version.

11. A pause and costume change here. The pianist played Lucy, Maaya changed to a much nicer dress in pale yellow with ribbon straps that ended a bit above her knees and sang:
12. Honey Bunny. She was kinda sexy, stalking along the top of the stage singing.
13. Makiba Alice. Lucky 13, really upbeat and fun.
14. Tune the Rainbow. Breathtakingly beautiful live.
15. Bokutachi wo koi suru riyuu. Another gentle, sweet song. She said this was an important song for her.
At this point she chatted, and introduced the band, talked about doing lives which led to:
16. Hikari Are. WOW! The lightshow was well synchronised, the song was , as ever, superb.
17. Mameshiba. With the "yeay, yeah, yeah, yeah" at the end. I love this song so much its ridiculous.
18. Saigo no Kajitsu. Beautiful and moody.
19. Another new song (don't blame me, I haven't heard the album yet)
And they left the stage but came back for an encore (funny story I'll let Yuki tell that one).

Encore 1. And a costume change to a black top and pale blue Ranka style skirt.
20. Platina. Come on, its platina. How can it be bad?
21. Pilot. I normally don't listen to this song much but the live was really great.
22. Yakusoku wa iranai. Wonderful.

Encore 2. She talked about learning to play the piano, which was funny and kinda sweet, which led to :
23. No Fear~aisurukoto. Yet another simple, sweet song with Maaya on the piano.
24. Poketto karanishite. The last song. She got us to help sing the chorus and the "la la la" bit.
The End.

Edit: so the songs were Remedy and Kazemidori respectively.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Double post. Just adding a few notes.

Yuki and I got goods including a gorgeous book (I'll take photos and upload when I can). She got a scarf/towel, I got a T-shirt with the "We are Kazeyomi" logo on it.
I've been looking forward to this for so long its amusing that it isn't the best time I spent in Japan. The day before was spent with a friend and that was the best, but then my friend means a lot to me. But on a 1 to 10 scale, the concert was a 9.9999999. Sorry Maaya.
I want to go again. I really want to go again. If I had the money I could have gone to all three of the lives. My face hurts because I haven't smiled so much in ages. It was 2 1/2 hours of pure pleasure. The mood was great, the fans were great, Maaya was fantastic. I didn't take photos of the concert but took some of Yuki and I outside, the Brazil and NZ chapter of Maaya's net. And I stole a Kazeyomi poster from the entrance area. Sorry.
I will upload pics when I can. Please bear with me, I'm in Tokyo now and I want to explore and try not to spend too much time on a computer.
Any questions, let me know.
@Yuki, stop lurking and post something
:D
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

pics pics pics please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (that's okay, take your time :) )

Dang I want to hear that Triangler version *__*, why didn't they make one like that for Kazeyomi :c
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Wow, I'm glad you got around to catching up with Yuki - see, I TOLD you she was still in Japan!! Ha, ha. I'M SO JEALOUS!! I count myself as one of the top Maaya fans ever and I still haven't seen her live T_T stoopid fate!

It sounds like a great concert, you're really lucky! What a nice selection of songs and everything! Soooo good!
_guh

Post by _guh »

Thanks for your report!!
Loved the setlist! Some of my favorites are there ^^' Can't believe she sang PURARINE +_+

Waiting for the pictures XD

Will this tour be released as a DVD? ._.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Someone at Niconico has put up the exact playlist of the concert but with the actual songs in order to 'feel the atmosphere of the concert' lol even though they aren't actually lives from the concert ^^;; sweet!

I'm not sure we'll get a DVD of it you know, maybe IDS will get a special digest or something though...
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

@Dilly, what were the titles of the two new songs?

@Mike: perhaps the Triangler single was what Kanno wanted. She would have the final say on the song. The live might have been the way Maaya wanted to sing it and in that respect I think Kanno made a huge error. Not only was the way Maaya sang it better than the original, it blows May'n and Megumi's version away too.

I noticed guys filming it from the back of the auditorium so I don't see why they couldn't edit the three lives into one dvd. I know most people here would buy. If there is any news on IDS please let me know. I want that dvd!

Since Yuki isn't here I'll take the opportunity to embarass her. She spent the night screaming in my ear and when they were calling for an encore she didn't know what they were saying so she just went "uh oh eh" instead of "an ko re". Ah, that was funny. It was nice to meet another Maaya's member especially Yuki.

Hmm if I find the location tomorrow I could mug somebody and steal a ticket for the Tokyo gig.
KnoTami

Post by KnoTami »

_guh

Post by _guh »

So she sang KAZAMIDORI! :maayagrin:

I wanted her to sing Shitsuren KAFE XD
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thank you KnoTami!
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

*crying because not beeing there* ;)

The list sounds great.
kyp275

Post by kyp275 »

i hate you all!!!!

*runs into a corner and cries for not being there*

I hope they do release the concert on video so I can at least watch it :P
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

OK!! as i promised, im back to post just in this topic hAUhUAhUAhua

THANK YOU KAI!! THANK YOU DILLY for remembering me XD tho we never had the chance to meet when you were here =/

it was awesome rly....tho i was freaking sleepy(having problems to sleep at the right times) n i had baito XDD geez, the ppl from baito were calling me all nite!! i might get fired hAUHUAhuAhuhauhua

hmmm....all i can go is to take a pic of my towel-scarf "We Are Kazeyomi(if you want it)", the rest of my stuff is the same as Kai's

n it was rly good meeting Kai =D one more successful maaya's meeting XDD

n Maaya is awesome! she was so nervous that sometimes she would pause in silence....n she mistook lots of lyrics HAuhAUHUAhuahUAHuha awesome!! AWESOME!! i love live concerts!!
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

btw kai, i hope you dun mind i sent our pic with a rly stupid email about my life journey to the radio program AHuHAuhAuhAUhUAhuAHuHAuHAuHAUhuahUAhuA

XDDDDD im sorry
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

haha.. at last u achieved ur dream kai.. and u meet yuki too there..? damn,, ureshii naa... hahaha
hahahaha...

*i'm laughing while actually it's raining heavily inside*..

:cry: :cry:

i wish i were given a birtdhay present as big as that.. *cry again*.. and, oh yeah,,, otanjoubi omedetto, kai!
hahahahahaa,,
hahahahahah,

*no i'm goin' nuts*..

anyway,, before my consciusness fades... urgghhh.... got to hold on.. XD

[quote="kaimugen"]Mike: perhaps the Triangler single was what Kanno wanted. She would have the final say on the song. The live might have been the way Maaya wanted to sing it and in that respect I think Kanno made a huge error. Not only was the way Maaya sang it better than the original, it blows May'n and Megumi's version away too. [/quote]

then maaya should re-release that single with a different version!!! it's just that simple :lol:

[quote="kaimugen"]I noticed guys filming it from the back of the auditorium so I don't see why they couldn't edit the three lives into one dvd. I know most people here would buy. If there is any news on IDS please let me know. I want that dvd! [/quote]

i want all three live dvds!! i insanely insist!!

[quote="Yuki-chan"]n Maaya is awesome! she was so nervous that sometimes she would pause in silence....n she mistook lots of lyrics HAuhAUHUAhuahUAHuha awesome!! AWESOME!! i love live concerts!![/quote]

*straining myself so i won't hit my own head to monitor screen!!*
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.