Maaya in Final Fantasy XIII

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's not. For one, if you listen to a Maaya song and those tracks back to back you'll find the voice quite difference. But the biggest reason why it is not Maaya is because the Japanese fans would have been all over these tracks - those guys miss nothing.

On top of that, Maaya has always been very detailed with her work, particularly the singing aspect. It would have been listed in the 'works' section of her site.

I saw this on livejournal but I didn't think people would actually think it was Maaya...The youtube post even lists the vocalist as Sayuri Sugawara and what would be the point of a pen name when Maaya is in the actual game.

Annnnd those are the reasons. I think Maaya's is pretty up to date on Maaya things, considering we have to get everything from Japanese sources. We definately would have heard from the Japanese side whether Maaya had done music for FF13.

I might post this over at LJ too.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Yup, definatenaly not Maaya. On a general note I've always disliked the tone that this Sayuri Sugawara uses... it is somewhat standard Japanese voice that you can find about everywhere, atleast basing of what I've listened over the years. This song would work better without the vocals imo.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Aria

Post by Aria »

I was under the impression that Sugawara only sang two tracks and a different vocalist was used for the rest.

Anyways, I trust everyone's opinion here highly which is why I brought the topic here in the first place. Thank you very much for clearing this up for me (and any others.)
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

im addicted to figures but i dont have much. i preordered the following 1.

most of mine are he-man figures... YAY NERDSTUFF.
jason

Post by jason »

Uhg, why do some people have such a hard time discerning Maaya's singing. She has one of the most unique voices IMO. Well, I guess this isn't as bad as some people that think she performed the ending song to the Record of Lodoss War TV anime.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Aria

Post by Aria »

She does, but you must understand that I haven't been exposed to her singing probably not even half as long as you all have. I'm sure after many more years I can also laugh at myself for thinking such a thing.
Lene

Post by Lene »

Ohoes noes~ I was the one who brought up the topic at the FFXIII community ;P Thanks for clearing things up though everyone :D

I agree with Aria on the Sayuri part. I thought the only songs she sang was the main theme and Eternal Love *shrugs*

@jason: And that is why I feel guilty of making such assumptions ;P I've known and listened to Maaya for a long time now, so pointing that out was my mistake ;(
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Don't let Jason's gruffness scare you off Lene ^^ we're all glad to have another Maaya fan here! And if you hadn't brought up this discussion, it might have been a mystery forever!
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Aria"]She does, but you must understand that I haven't been exposed to her singing probably not even half as long as you all have. I'm sure after many more years I can also laugh at myself for thinking such a thing.[/quote]
Fair enough... and maybe I have better ears than most people. I have been a Maaya fan for a very long time, pretty much since Escaflowne TV came out in Japan.

Sorry if I sounded harsh, but you have much to learn grasshopper. :maayagrin:
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

I bought the game a few days ago, it's quite nice to hear Maaya's voice everywhere!
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Aaaah you're lucky, I'll have the english edition.
Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

Am 40 hours into the game and Maaya is GREAT - her voice has really matured as a voice actress. This is not the same Maaya that did Hitomi so many years ago.
She is also in the new PSP game God Eater, if anyone is interested.
ilcloud

Post by ilcloud »

that's nice...
i could only hope square-enix made it into pc version...
since the xbox version have been released....
jason

RE: Maaya in Final Fantasy XIII

Post by jason »

This is a bit of late news, but figured I might as well post that FF XIII-2 is coming out later this year. Not particularly interested in the game, but at least Maaya is back as Lightning. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQuNZOPpjM
gradualpetrify

RE: Maaya in Final Fantasy XIII

Post by gradualpetrify »

jepp but ff games suck lately.