Maaya Live - With Seatbelts, July 7, 2009

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Best of luck getting the tickets Megumi, I hope you can go.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="dillpops"]They did include that track on the CD so maybe it's a hint? :P [/quote]

garden of everything's duet is a pretty hard song to be brought in a live performance. i'd really wanna see that,... :roll:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Yyrkoon

Post by Yyrkoon »

Going to that concert will be so huge : seeing (and hearing!!) for the first time and in the same evening Maaya, Yoko, Origa, Mai Yamane, Scott Matthew (actually I'll see him in Paris in a month but whatever), the Warsaw philharmonic orchestra (a lot of people may not understand but I'm looking forward to see it with my own eyes and ears!), Steve Conte (I have some hopes on the そして あの人も… note at the end of the Victor website announcement ;) ), etc.

I really hope I'll get a ticket. :P
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Well the "Soshite ano hito mo" could be anyone at this point, and it didn't even say it's just one person, so... perhaps we can have Steve and AKINO... and Gabby? :D
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

Sorry for the spam, but I will be highly saddened if such an epic event is not recorded and put on DVD.... If they do the duet and I can't hear it... Dammit I was to see and hear steve and maaya live!
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

"ano hito" refers to just one person like 99% of the time. Technically yeah it could be plural too, but in common usage, that just doesn't happen. If they meant people they'd say "ano hito-tachi."
Yyrkoon

Post by Yyrkoon »

If this is a mysterious person, maybe this is Gabriela Robin :D
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Reports are being put together at Mai's site:

www.gabrielarobin.com

Sounds epic!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Mai's site has wonderful samples :cry: :cry: :cry: amazing!
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]Mai's site has wonderful samples :cry: :cry: :cry: amazing![/quote]
You mean the bootleg concert clips? Yeah, I can't stop listening even though the quality is crap. Garden of Everything duet w/ Maaya & Steve Conte is epic. XD
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="jason"][quote="dillpops"]Mai's site has wonderful samples :cry: :cry: :cry: amazing![/quote]
You mean the bootleg concert clips? Yeah, I can't stop listening even though the quality is crap. Garden of Everything duet w/ Maaya & Steve Conte is epic. XD[/quote]

So... you mean... they did it? They freaking did it live? Uhm, yea, I got screwed, I needed to see that one live...

Edit: went and listened, the epicness of it all,so overwhelming.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Oh gosh Yubiwa (all 50 seconds of it) was epic *_*

This concert just nailed everything ever. Oh god, if there isn't a DVD or a CD or anything then...then...then...it's a crime!
spoony

Post by spoony »

Huh?? Where did you find a clip of Yubiwa??

I've only heard the clips on mai's site, and "epic" is exactly what I'd describe it as. I feel like I've missed a once-in-a-lifetime event... makes me sad in a way.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Ah...well.....um...Mai didn't specify where you can hear the whole concert but if you think of all the sites where English Yoko Kanno's go to chat then you can figure it out ^^VV
spoony

Post by spoony »

Yeah, I didn't bother posting a comment on the site cos I knew she'd say something like "not telling!", lol. I've already looked at the Yoko Kanno forums I know of (only 2, lol) and even looked at the Chinese one and 2ch even though my Japanese is quite poor.

I did find a very short radio clip of Kanno saying "We haven't decided on the DVD yet..." on 2ch though.

*sigh* Guess I'll keep looking for those elusive recordings then!! At least "English" was a clue in your post. :P