15th Anniversary Best Album 'Everywhere' 31/3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
sachia

Post by sachia »

WOW, she looks so beautiful!!! The song's so beautiful as well.In my opnion, this song fits her so much.And the pv looks so gorgeus
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="Megumi"][quote="dillpops"]I've ordered the magazine with Maaya on the cover - it's such a rare occurance that it needed to be done!
[/quote]

Where ? I'm too sick to search by myself today ):[/quote]

A book shop in London ^^;; sorry!

In the TV Bros. article Maaya's written a little about some of her songs which she thinks can counsel readers who are going through a rough time. Under the 'everywhere' description Maaya says she composed 'everywhere' while she was traveling Europe while using a 'feeling of complete well-being' as the theme.

I'm not going to listen to the previews/watch the preview as I've pre-ordered something which such little new material I'd prefer to keep something as a surprise XD

This is the first song she's written the lyrics for and composed from sratch so hopefully it'll be a good starting point for Maaya's career in her 30's.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

@jason
it's only a glimpse,... we can't make judgment on that... but from what i heard the depth of the strings is good,... and the notes which were shown was nice too... i think im gonna like this song.. :)
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
#F!

Post by #F! »

She is more beautiful than ever!!! Can't wait for my cd/dvd!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Interesting interview posted up at Yorimo (sorry, Japanese only) but she comments on writing 'everywhere' , her relationship with Yoko Kanno and her relationship to concerts amongst other things.

https://yorimo.yomiuri.co.jp/servlet/Sa ... YrmWrapper

It seems we have a very old dog in Rome to thank for 'everywhere'. There are also some pretty pictures of Maaya which we haven't seen before ^^
Lene

Post by Lene »

I can't wait for the full release of the PV.
I haven't seen the previews yet, but just looking at those captures, I'm already liking the settings :D Her grown bangs certainly gives her an older look.

And thanks dillpops for sharing the link!
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

I think I'm going to love the song.. I got goose bumps from teh preview...
I think I like better her slow songs, so this is heaven for me, just thinking she even wrote the music :)
Tomosaka

Post by Tomosaka »

everywhere special page has opened!

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/everywhere/
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Yay for no Flash and images I can edit!

Looks like the special site will be updated over the next few weeks -- the HTML source has commented-out links for liner notes (probably like the "We Are Kazeyomi!" page), some kind of promotion campaign, a blog, a radio feature, and a special section.

Also, this page seems to imply that the best album is only the first in a series of things for Maaya's 15th anniversary. Maybe there's something else in the works...?
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

@ Dilly : Arrrgh ^^

The special website seems interesting ! The sea is beautiful.
Lene

Post by Lene »

I always love the special websites for her CD releases♥
Sad to see this one isn't Flash, but the beautiful image makes up for it :P Can't wait to get my copy of this!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Merri used the best image for the top page *_* beautiful work!
Yyrkoon

Post by Yyrkoon »

Very good work!
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Gotta stay up-to-date!
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya will be featured on the cover of two more magazines this month, 'Music Magazine' and 'CD Journal' which is exciting! There's quite a large list on her official site, presumably to big up the concert and album/15th anniversary.