15th Anniversary Best Album 'Everywhere' 31/3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Beautiful, beautiful song! It makes my heart feel warm :) Maaya should write and compose more!!! :)
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

Aww I can't wait until my order comes lol ;o;

/controls self
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

The MUSIC MAGAZINE special on Maaya has some really nice photos, a detailed interview and then a 'complete guide' to Maaya's discography. It also has an interview with Suzuki Shoko.

The CDJournal articleis an interview, some messages to Maaya from Suzuki Shoko and Kano Kaori. There's also a page with artists who have influenced Maaya and artists who have a similar feel. There's a little history section as well.

If you are going to get one, go for MUSIC MAGAZINE. It's probably worth it.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

I REALLY enjoy the new version of Loop. I didn't like the first one, but this remix emphase all the goodness of this song.
For the rest, I don't know if I feel a difference between this versions and the former ones. It may be psychological, but it seems to me there is more stereophonics works than before, but as I generally listen music in mono, maybe it's just I'm not so used to the headphone rendering of the Maaya songs ;)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thanks to Jpopmusic's eskeigh:
eskeigh wrote:
*1 135,541 aiko
*2 *67,951 V6
*3 *47,381 坂本真綾
*4 *31,901 ONE PIECE MEMORIAL BEST
*5 *25,127 倖田來未
Congrats Maaya!
Maaya sold almost 50,000 copies in her first week!
ilcloud

Post by ilcloud »

was that from oricon chart???
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

50 000 that's great !!!! Congratulations.

I love Everywhere a lot. And Jérôme I agree with you, Loop is better like this.
sachia

Post by sachia »

I'M SO HAPPY!!!! Finally, the FULL PV OF "EVERYWHERE"
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTYyMDQ2MDI4.html
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Isn't this the third version of Loop? Never liked to earlier versions so I rarely have it on my playlist. Anyway, I too think they finally got it right :)
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

There's the concert version if that counts. CD-wise it's only the second.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Releasing the CD on the day of the concert and having it on sale at the Budokan was a very good move, I'm sure it gave a nice sales boost.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

OK, I finally watched the full PV (I was a good little fan and waited until the DVD came in the mail today), and I want to go on the record as predicting that by the time Maaya turns 31, she'll announce that she's getting married. Something about the wedding-ish scenery in the video and the lyrics of "everywhere" makes me feel that way.

If my prediction fails, well, it's not like the world's going to end or anything. I just thought I'd put something in a public forum so I could point to it and say, "Aha! I called it!" if it does happen that way. Of course any such finger-pointing would likely be drowned out by the cries and weeping of thousands of Maaya fanboys.

I haven't decided if I like the song yet. It usually takes me about ten listens to make that decision.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

She sorta dropped some hints at the concert too, about how her dress looked almost like a wedding dress.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Interesting, why not. I'll be very happy for her.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

[quote="deltafour"]and I want to go on the record as predicting that by the time Maaya turns 31, she'll announce that she's getting married.[/quote]

yes she sings that shes not too far off anymore from her "goal".
BUT i mean it cant be that some1 just decides "hey im 31 now i grab some random guy and get married". if you marry some1 then you need to be together with that person at least for a few years.

if your correct then that would mean shes already in a relationship for quite some time now. OMG she hid it from us T.T *cuts wrists*

but after her birthday concert she said she went home alone. i mean if you got some1 your together with then that person defenitly stays with you on this special day and night. even if she had to go up so early the next day. or maybe not? >< uaaaaaa