15th Anniversary Best Album 'Everywhere' 31/3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I'd be happy for her too :oops:
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

[quote="deltafour"]I want to go on the record as predicting that by the time Maaya turns 31, she'll announce that she's getting married. Something about the wedding-ish scenery in the video and the lyrics of "everywhere" makes me feel that way.[/quote]
Oh wow that'd be a pleasant surprise for me. I'd be happy for her too~ *O*

My order already arrived so yay! It took me a few times before I completely fell in love with the song, I liked it after hearing it the first time but it grew more on me after hearing it several times more~ I have yet to see the pv though. Have no means to use my dvd atm orz. Maybe I should just spoil myself already and watch via online streams, idk ;o; /resists
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="gradualpetrify"]if your correct then that would mean shes already in a relationship for quite some time now.[/quote]

That's what I think. She'd still have to be cautious about separating her professional and personal lives, but the media spotlight doesn't shine so brightly on her that having a relationship is impossible.

[quote="gradualpetrify"]but after her birthday concert she said she went home alone. i mean if you got some1 your together with then that person defenitly stays with you on this special day and night.[/quote]

She may have gone home alone, but that "someone", if he exists, may have been with her after the concert when she went out for drinks with the staff and band. He may even have been a member of the staff or band. That's where my money is -- someone she's known and worked with for a long time.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="gradualpetrify"]
if your correct then that would mean shes already in a relationship for quite some time now. OMG she hid it from us T.T *cuts wrists*
[/quote]

:odd:
Please grow up.

She had nothing to "hid" to"us".
Because we are nothing, and that all.
I'm very glad she is not too much in this showbusiness, not too much on magazine and all, and that when she is, this is to speak about her work.

What I mean, is that there is so much artist lives controled by producers modeling all their behaviours and relation and all to fit the image the fan are expecting....

I really, REALLY, hope this is not the case with Maaya-san, that she have her own life, and can enjoy it at its fullness. And so, I reaaly she doesn't owe the fan anything about her private life.

She could even be already "secretly" married, this would not matter to me.

I just wish the best to her for every moments of her life, as much as we get positive energy from her music.
deltafour

Loop (sunset side)

Post by deltafour »

I'm disappointed with the new version of "Loop". Am I the only one who doesn't like this version? To me it feels uninspired, canned, and devoid of emotion or passion. It's very plain -- it feels like it could have come from any artist. Maybe I'm just too attached to the original version, but these are the impressions I get after hearing the new one.

"everywhere" has potential. It's gradually edging toward becoming one of my favorite Maaya tracks.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
Lene

Post by Lene »

Maaya getting marry will be happy news~ The least we can do is congratulate her! :) The inner Final Fantasy fangirl in me wants it to be Kenichi Suzumura who has worked with Maaya before as Zack and Maaya as Aerith for Final Fantasy VII compilation but---I doubt it ;__;

And I can't agree more with Jérôme. She's a very sophisticated person. That's why reading her essay collections are so interesting since we get to hear a bit on her private life and whatnot.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

FINALLY got my copy! I know there was discussion a few pages back about whether the CD quality would be better with this new CD that Flying Dog has put 'everywhere' on. Was the concensus that it wouldn't be much better to the regular listener? It sounds a lot clearer...although I am listening on a nice CD player rather than my computer as usual...at least 'I.D' sounds nice at the moment.

The amount of packaging is a bit ridiculous though XD The whole thing came in a plastic slip case along with a postcard, then there was another plastic slipcase keeping the whole thing together, then there was the cardboard 'everywhere' slipcase and then inside of that the CD was wrapped up in yet more plastic!

I like the fact they just went with a plastic case for the bonus DVD though! Simple! The whole thing is rather lovely though, booklet, CD case and slip case. I like it almost as much as the Kazeyomi photoshoot.

It was a nice surprise to get the postcard, I didn't think yesasia.com gave out bonus items. Overall impressions will come later when I've listened to it all in 'everywhere' order.

EDIT: adding to the rambling, noticed COMA reporting:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASI ... 7/coma-22/

Piano score book for 'everywhere'
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

[quote="Jérôme."]
:odd:
Please grow up.[/quote]
lol and that from a dude who wanted to die after the concert was over hihi. cmon that *wristcut* was also ment to bet funny.
well i know that in most cases artists stay in their own circles.
i mean... which persons ppl tend to fall in love with? ppl they spend time with. i can accept that. but "pretending" is not okay. i wouldnt do everything to get to my goal. its not her duty to explain everything but she couldve done it at least along the way out of a trifle.

i like the original loop more too. the original is more "original".
the new one is too "typically-easygoing" with the guitar.
Lene

Post by Lene »

That is a lot of plastic to open xD They want to secure the "shiny" items :P
I haven't gotten my copy yet ;___; I ordered from YesAsia, but they're out of stock and can't restock anytime soon, so the order was canceled D: Now I'm ordering from CDJapan-- so it's better than nothing :P
TomoyoHime

Post by TomoyoHime »

How long I need to keep waiting for my copy to arrive?! >_<
Seriously, my Ayumi Hamasaki "Rock 'n' Roll Circus" came 1st even when it was released two weeks after Maayas compilation TT~TT
-in the future for new releases I will chose CDJ.

I asked YA about the postcard, and told me they didn't know anything about it.
Thaks dillpops for the info, I was quite disapointed about that.

About quality comparations, are some differences between the old CDs and re-releases?
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Wow.

Had to went back a few pages back to read everything, this is indeed one of the most active thread..

I had been over-looping 'everywhere' almost a thousand times, recorded on my lastfm account.. sometimes humming it alone down the streets to myself. Trying my best to understand everything, it has piled up, overlapping situation in the same song, either personal, nor fan related things. Ah.. whatever, who could actually understand them all.

Relationships.. hmm, this time I'll be honest about my opinion. If it were 'Let the best man wins' probably it was all over the last 10 years. I wondered, what's going on in her head. What was she thinking, the woman in average has a time-limit. Well, men even at the age of 50 are still, steady.

She is looking for something that does not exists, same like what I was looking for. She probably go for the next closest thing to that, the 'second best' now, same for me as well. The thing was, even if I said it was 'second best' probably it meant of someone exceptional. It could be just anyone.

Her father, from the past interview seems like a nice person. Try to get close with him. How hard could it be, to be nice towards a lighting engineer? I had a civil engineer for a father, tell me about it ;D

Had a dream yesterday, I was playing piano.. hmm, I wonder what does that mean..

ah, back to my Kokoro Toshokan OST.. :3 nyuu .. goodnight!

Loving the piece, Neko wa Nandemo Shitteiru [The Cat Knows Regardless] cute neko chan :3
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

[quote="TomoyoHime"]About quality comparations, are some differences between the old CDs and re-releases?[/quote]Probably none; but maybe I'll bother doing a bit-by-bit comparison at some point for I.D. for example to see if there is any difference at all. But that is for a time when I simply have nothing better to do :D
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

yes i think some songs sound different now even if they are not marked as new versions. but not focusing on that right now.

[quote="Imurann"]the woman in average has a time-limit. Well, men even at the age of 50 are still, steady.[/quote]

what do you mean with timelimit? could only mean "being able to give birth to a baby". if you ment that then your wrong. that problem is well balanced between women and men.

if you mean "becoming old and withered" well i alrdy said something about it somewhere else and im done with it.

[quote="Imurann"]She is looking for something that does not exists, same like what I was looking for. She probably go for the next closest thing to that, the 'second best' now, same for me as well. The thing was, even if I said it was 'second best' probably it meant of someone exceptional. It could be just anyone.[/quote]

lmao imurann you are the best example to spread so much selfconfidence at absolute ignorance xD
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Thank you Mr. gradualpetrify XD

As usual I was being senseless, forgive for my absolute ignorance, it's something which I can't stop myself from doing. Some people love me because of it.. tehehehehe

Again today, that matters comes in between me and my friends, the matter of solving that big missing component in the heart.. to actually go up and meet her, confronting her face to face. To reach acceptance, and finally go out of avoidance towards someone.

For some reason, I can't keep to loop up Yukka, the lyrics she sings keeps tell me something important. "We should not live alone" because life here in this world is temporary as we speak, and there will be more time later. How I think of seeing this world is different, because of the exposure, cultural and beliefs. But that does not mean, I'm not from this Earth, we still are Earthlings.

Emotional person. hmm.. :)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

overblown... elusiveness... patronizing.
talking to others? talking to yourself? talking FOR yourself?

so whats up imurann got the best of cd yet? and plz answer normally like "yes" or "no" and not like "i am the chosen one and know everything and you know nothing."