15th Anniversary Best Album 'Everywhere' 31/3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

SHM is just a marketing gimmick to make people buy CDs they already have. They use a better substrate for easier reading by the laser, but the actual digital content is still limited by Red Book's 16bit 44100Hz PCM format. I guess the songs themselves might be remastered, that might improve some things. But I doubt that, AFAIR many Maaya's albums were mastered by pros like Ted Jensen.
dylanrevisited

Post by dylanrevisited »

where is kodoku? T_T
We always did feel the same,
We just saw it
from a different point of view,
Tangled up in blue
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Humm, okay, when searching my random clicks hit all the positive reviews & posts, my bad luck. Finding unbiased information on this one is hard, there is no entry in Wikipedia and the rest is mostly either marketing gimmick or people simply shouting it is a marketing gimmick. After reading a good amount of forum posts it seems the format simply reduces the number of reading errors.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I'm not complaining about the songs per say but I suppose I built myself up for some amazing re-recorded song fest which was never really promised :|

Still, since these are songs chosen by Maaya from over a 15 year period it should be an interesting experience listening to the CD in order. It also might gie clues to what might be performed at Budokan.

Well, I imagine I'll be excited about it whatever happens when it's finally released. I'd love for it to sell a lot of copies XD
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

The cover is gorgeous ♥♥♥♥♥
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Megumi"]The cover is gorgeous ♥♥♥♥♥[/quote]
It's what I like most about the album. :neko:

And I agree with Yyrkoon, I miss Maaya with long hair.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="roxfan"]SHM is just a marketing gimmick to make people buy CDs they already have. They use a better substrate for easier reading by the laser, but the actual digital content is still limited by Red Book's 16bit 44100Hz PCM format. I guess the songs themselves might be remastered, that might improve some things. But I doubt that, AFAIR many Maaya's albums were mastered by pros like Ted Jensen.[/quote]
Even if SHM is higher quality, I doubt I would be able to notice the diffence. In fact, I usually use headphones to listen to music. And I can't tell the difference between 128 to 320 kbps encoded mp3s. :P
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I can :)
Tomosaka

Post by Tomosaka »

Another picture of everywhere?

http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/1001220048/

Maaya becomes a cover girl of TV Bros, bi-weekly TV program magazine.
In this magazine, she talks about the upcoming album, and interest for Kanpo(漢方), Chinese traditional medicine.

http://natalie.mu/music/news/27839

kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

@merri
im not complaining.. it's just that hikari no naka e and dive are among my top3.....

okay,.. im just a bit complaining.. :p

but well.. if i count the number of my fave songs from the list.. wait... 1,2,3,... 9 of my top 15 is there.. so it's still a superior album. and given the fact that it's a high def audio.. im thinking of buying it :)

@kai
like i said, kai... it only happened occasional.. at any other time.. that song is like brought down from heaven.. XD

and the cover is gorgeus.. although i think i fall in love with that image with maaya on the swing.. x.x

thanks tomosaka! :D
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Yyrkoon

Post by Yyrkoon »

So there are no specific players for SHM-CD, a regular one will do just fine ?

But, mhh, once the music is ripped (with a lossless codec), if you put that on some mp3 player, will there still remain some difference with a mp3 from a regular CD?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thankyou for the pictures :lol: I like the first one *_* the magazine cover makes her hair look weird but it's a nice concept.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Ripped SHM-CDs have the same quality than regular CDs.

There is no difference in quality, the difference is only in better material which reduces reading errors during normal playing in a CD player.

Or, this is how I think it goes. Hard to tell while I'm still waiting for the first such CD for trial.
Lene

Post by Lene »

I like the swing picture too :3
And she sort of looks like Kashii Yu on the second picture.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

There will be no difference btween 124kbps and 320kbps if u ripped it off from a lousy quality source.. There's a slightly detail addition and better proportion of sounds if ure getting them from a nice source though.. But a high-def audio and usual audio.. Hmm, still need to hear it first to know the difference... >.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.