15th Anniversary Best Album 'Everywhere' 31/3

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

*wink wink*

It's up to my degree of freedom 'v' to answer according to how I wanted.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

flowerpower
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="deltafour"]OK, I finally watched the full PV (I was a good little fan and waited until the DVD came in the mail today), and I want to go on the record as predicting that by the time Maaya turns 31, she'll announce that she's getting married. Something about the wedding-ish scenery in the video and the lyrics of "everywhere" makes me feel that way.

If my prediction fails, well, it's not like the world's going to end or anything. I just thought I'd put something in a public forum so I could point to it and say, "Aha! I called it!" if it does happen that way. Of course any such finger-pointing would likely be drowned out by the cries and weeping of thousands of Maaya fanboys.

I haven't decided if I like the song yet. It usually takes me about ten listens to make that decision.[/quote]

hey u're not the 1st person to predict that.. look a few pages back *if it's in this thread, i forget*...
cmon guys didn't u read the translation?? i mean about that guy whom maaya had gave chocolates to?? i think it's clear from that story that maaya WAS having a relationship... at least at that time...

[quote="Jérôme."][quote="gradualpetrify"]
if your correct then that would mean shes already in a relationship for quite some time now. OMG she hid it from us T.T *cuts wrists*
[/quote]

:odd:
Please grow up.

She had nothing to "hid" to"us".
Because we are nothing, and that all.
I'm very glad she is not too much in this showbusiness, not too much on magazine and all, and that when she is, this is to speak about her work.

What I mean, is that there is so much artist lives controled by producers modeling all their behaviours and relation and all to fit the image the fan are expecting....

I really, REALLY, hope this is not the case with Maaya-san, that she have her own life, and can enjoy it at its fullness. And so, I reaaly she doesn't owe the fan anything about her private life.

She could even be already "secretly" married, this would not matter to me.

I just wish the best to her for every moments of her life, as much as we get positive energy from her music.[/quote]

i think i have also replied to someone here who also think this way... Jerome, as i probably agree with all of ur words, that bold line is a different topic...

like i said before, i truly believe maaya can't tell lie.. or tells something that's not what she truly has in mind.. seeing her MCs.. that's the true maaya figure... and no one could ever denied that fact...

okay, so in short.. maaya told us in her radio program that her dream is to get married and fly over the europe and try various kinds of food.. i can't hardly imagine maaya told lies like that.. NOT SO MAAYA AT ALL.. okay... so, sorry if i get a little heated by this..... but i agree, we here only hope the best thing for maaya.. i seriously hope she'll get marry soon.. i'm not her "regular fanboy" anymore that would never let her be with another person.. just seeing her happy is all i need.. and that will never pay what she has done to me all this time,... to really "change" my life to the degree that you may not believe..

just the thought of her get hurt in a relationship with whoever the lucky guy was, has made me both angry and sad....
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]cmon guys didn't u read the translation?? i mean about that guy whom maaya had gave chocolates to??[/quote]

This one? She was 14. And she only saw him once after her family moved two years later. So I think that's the wrong rabbit trail.

In any case, I also hope she finds someone to marry. I just hope she doesn't rush things and marry the first halfway-decent guy she finds. But although Maaya can be impulsive in certain areas, I bet when it comes to something as serious as marriage, she'll take plenty of time to carefully consider everything.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Kirei san, chill man.. not too emo, you may lose your coolness ^_^
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Kinda there was a hint here in LastFM (Maaya)

The top rated songs, possibly that what made into her Everywhere.. ah, I guess I was wrong.. it's always about statistics..
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

@delta
ure the one that made the mirror fanpage delta? good job....

though u're right about the narration i was referring too, maybe u got things wrong too.. im not talking bout the old crush she had, but it's this line..

"I wonder how he's doing these days, or if he quit playing basketball. I may have someone more dear to me now, but I can’t help thinking of him every Valentine’s Day."

the last line keep telling me she has a boyfriend, at least that time....

@imu
and what about coolness imu..?
im just saying what i have in mind and that has nothing to do with that... i become more sensitive when it comes to maaya..

@jerome
sorry dude, i'm not putting u on the corner or something.. it's just that only that line that i can't agree... imagining maaya acting fake just to get people attention just wrong. wrong i mean.. and it's absolutely impossible.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]"I wonder how he's doing these days, or if he quit playing basketball. I may have someone more dear to me now, but I can’t help thinking of him every Valentine’s Day."[/quote]

yea ive read that too but its a bit old. old as well but not THAT old is her song "the reason were in love" from 30mins night flight and in there is a sentence saying "I still don’t know you, who my most special feelings inside are for"
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]
like i said before, i truly believe maaya can't tell lie.. or tells something that's not what she truly has in mind.. seeing her MCs.. that's the true maaya figure... and no one could ever denied that fact...

okay, so in short.. maaya told us in her radio program that her dream is to get married and fly over the europe and try various kinds of food.. i can't hardly imagine maaya told lies like that.. NOT SO MAAYA AT ALL.. okay... so, sorry if i get a little heated by this..... but i agree, we here only hope the best thing for maaya.. i seriously hope she'll get marry soon.. i'm not her "regular fanboy" anymore that would never let her be with another person.. just seeing her happy is all i need.. and that will never pay what she has done to me all this time,... to really "change" my life to the degree that you may not believe..
[/quote]

Well, I never listened to any radio program, as I don't speak Japanese. So I was not speaking about her telling lies or not, but about her staff communicating informations or not. The point is a bit different ;)

And I will never juge her, telling truth or not, or anything. Who am I for that ? She is a good person, with a kind heart. And that's all that matters for me.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

well i don't regularly hear the radio programs too, jerome... i read it from one of the many translation thread here... i think it's either by dilly or sangye. . to be honest there has been so many translations (marvellous job guys) that sometimes i can't differ it being whose effort....

oh, okay... so it's around 2007 or 2008.... or 2009 >. (the radio show i mean), so maybe things change in these 2 or 3 years.. but as my belief for maaya is solid rock, no telling lies... and i guess everybody here does too... then it's not debatable that at least to that time, she was not married...

only god knows what happened between 2008-2010, if she does hid it or her crew hid it from public of course we can't do nothing about it.. but as long as she doesn't tell lies.. *and she's happy with her marriage*.. then i can only pray for her best :)

@gradual
right.. it's 10 years ago, but at least we know maaya actually has a guy that time :P ... to think that the same guy is the one maaya refer to right now is a bit hard i guess..
but gradual, like your point from the journal from 2000... i can say too, that the song is a little bit old compared to everywhere :D
maybe that time she hasn't decide, but everything can happen within 1 or 2 years... she might have met the right guy 31 days before she wrote the lyric and we still don't know about that... just trying to be positive about this*

or she might wrote it with different meaning and we still don't know about this.. :P ... only guessing one out of several possibilites.. god bless her..
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

This thread is getting way off topic here, but I'll jump back in anyway.
*puts on robe and Maayologist hat*

Fact the First: The sentence being bandied about that contains the words, "someone more dear to me," means precisely that. In neither the Japanese nor the English does it specifically refer to a romantic interest. It could mean a very close friend. (And let's face it, you might not have to go very far to surpass the closeness of a junior high crush.)

Fact the Second: The question of whether Maaya has or hasn't been in a romantic relationship has an answer: in the essay she wrote for the CDJournal.com serial feature, she mentions love as one of the things that has happened in the 15 years since her music debut. However, as we read in the conversation with CLAMP from this past January, she doesn't fall in love all that often. (Understandable, given her personality.)

Fact the Third: Maaya never ever talks about her past relationships in a public setting (not to my knowledge, anyway). Part of this is probably because she's not often in a relationship, but mostly I think it's because of her innate desire to stay away from the spotlight, whether she's dating someone or not.

So assuming she's not in a relationship now, why not? She's mentioned in several places that her work has come before everything else in her life, particularly in her late 20s. Just finding a guy who matches with her is probably hard enough; finding one who's OK with being number two and always putting Maaya's goals before his own? Darn near impossible, I bet. I imagine her past relationships have ended because she couldn't find a satisfactory balance between love and work.

One of two things needs to happen for Maaya to marry: either that special, unselfish, supportive, understanding, compassionate guy has to appear so Maaya can devote herself to her work like she's always done, or she has to find a way to control her internal desire to live up to everyone's expectations all the time so she can set aside time for love. Both are improbable, but certainly not impossible.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Ahaha, Good luck to her.. ahahaahaha..
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

@delta
u just made me think like the old me... at a moment im feeling relieved hearing ur theory that she's not having relationship right now! >.
* the selfish old me *

is it that hard finding the man for maaya..? im sure men are queuing for her, but it can be either there's no man that match definition of a husband in maaya's mind.. or she doesn't really find it a HUGE matter,.. i mean she just let time flows while giving her options.. I have a guess maaya's ideal guy must be really smart.. a person who can match her mind pace, coz it seems that she has so many kind of thoughts in her head....

well no use of thinking this stuff too much.. makes no difference.. im just too much worrying.. the person herself may not be that troubled at all.. :P
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

thats what its like these days. women do their own thing too.
maaya the businesswoman xD. hard to be completly fulfilled in everything. it all depends what is most important to you.

if ya really love someone then it doesnt matter what situation your in.
if it didnt work out then it just wasnt the right person thats it. no other reasons.

on the other side... humans are like tamagotchis. if you dont take care of em they die lol (they become strangers).