The meanings of Maaya' songs titles

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
sachia

The meanings of Maaya' songs titles

Post by sachia »

All Maaya' songs are so wonderful, and some songs have a strange title like :
songs: I.D,24,koucha,blind summer fish,vector,kimidori,03,cloud 9
so i made this topic so we can discuss about this
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

your the man.

on maayas homepage she describes the meaning of I.D. a little bit on her very first entry of her "online-dairy"(which is also called id). if you dont speak jp like me a dude here in this forum also got the page translated in eng. sakamotomaaya.com

24 well the song is a cinderella-story. so 24 probably simply means midnight, the time when the spell that was cast on her came to an end.

i think koucha means "black tea" in japanese? yea some ppl are nerdy translators here like frecklegirl. nostalgic-lavender.net

blind summer fish........ lol you should check out my weird comments
about alot of her songs at the topic "the maaya album". if you want to find out the answers just read my stuff and you become a very wise man > :)

vector: okay this 1 makes my (small) brain hurt. when i read maayas linernotes@ nostalgic-lavender.net about that song and vector is a one-dimensional data (im not looking that up at wikipedia I AM THAT SMART i promise <.<then>>> see koucha

03 & cloud 9 = some1 else answer that <.<
Tomosaka

Post by Tomosaka »

[quote="gradualpetrify"]your the man.

blind summer fish........ lol you should check out my weird comments
about alot of her songs at the topic "the maaya album". if you want to find out the answers just read my stuff and you become a very wise man > :)

03 & cloud 9 = some1 else answer that <.<[/quote]

`03' is phone number prefix of Tokyo area.

People in 2channel said `blind summer fish' was a metaphor of kissing.
sachia

Post by sachia »

to gradualpetrify: i read your comment and they made me understand more about Maaya' songs.Thank you ^^
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I know all of them but am not going to disclose the information because it's a stub. Hence enjoy those songs, as songs.

Probably its something just for a few people to notice, like you are one of them sachia chan :) hence you are special

I had a long talk with a friend on this matter, and comes into two conclusion, one which I will never tell anyone, and the other which I will.

Well above all assumptions, the songs were meaningful to some point that they were popular songs during the anime times, some few of them which are also an anomaly, but do explore the translation of the lyrics.

The second conclusion is only for me to keep, because I, above many others, research on those lyrics, translation vs research is different my dear friends. This is where you and I are different. Hihi deal with it XD

A note to Merri, coincidences yet again huh? XD have ya read the short translation for 'Everywhere' yet? interesting indeed, as if she has found her answer.. hm, cant wait for this 31st for the full song, it must be magical XD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

[quote="Tomosaka"]People in 2channel said `blind summer fish' was a metaphor of kissing.[/quote]

metaphor for kissing hm hm hm. i try to imagine *meditate*
i kiss a girl and she smells like................. fish? xD
i see her and........... i go blind? xD wow
TomoyoHime

Post by TomoyoHime »

cloud 9 is an English expresion used when you feel so happy, that you don't feel the ground anylonger, you're so up in the sky
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

here its called cloud 7 or the seventh sky.