Maaya on stage again

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
roxfan

Maaya on stage again

Post by roxfan »

Well, it seems it's not exactly a play but still a chance to see Maaya perform, so to speak.
Just got an email from IDS! that Maaya will appear in something called 朗読劇 私の頭の中の消しゴム (A Closet Drama "Eraser Inside of My Head"). The official site describes that the story is based on a 2001 Yomiuri TV dorama PureSoul~君が僕を忘れても~ (Pure Soul ~ Even if you forget me~) which was later remade as a Korean movie.
The thing will run from May 26th to June 6th, Maaya will appear one time only, on June 1st.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

I wasn't quite sure how to translate this, so I settled on "narrative drama". If anyone has a better term please let me know.

From what I gather it's like a radio drama performed live? Sounds perfect for Maaya. Sometimes I wish she was more involved in things like audiobooks, since her voice has all the right qualities for narrative works.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Japanese Wikipedia redirects 朗読劇 to レーゼドラマ(Lesedrama), which is linked to English "Closet drama".

Actually, Maaya did do some narrations, most notably for the Konica Minolta planetarium. She also played in some CD dramas. I liked Kiss quite a lot.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Hmm, so that's what it's called. Sort of an odd word, but I guess if that's the accepted term...

I'll have to look up the drama CDs and see if I can pick them up anywhere. I'm aware that she does a lot of narrative works, but it seems like most of them are for things that have limited exposure, such as planetarium narrations (one of which I was able to hear in person a year ago) and the more recent Tower Records in-store messages. It would be nice if someone would release her past recordings, but that usually doesn't happen unless they get put on niconico or somewhere similar. (Although every once in a while you can find some interesting things -- several months ago someone uploaded a large portion of the two-minute "Night on the Planet" broadcasts from 2004.)
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I have the Escaflowne drama CD if anyone would like a rip of it...it's nothing amazing but it's a nice little addition to the series if you're a big fan.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Dilly you could upload in Jpopsuki.eu
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I was just going to megaupload it ^^
TomoyoHime

Post by TomoyoHime »

"going to megaupload it"
sounds so funny xD -sorry-

Can I redistribuit (?) it after you share it with us? °-°