Budōkan Concert Pamphlet

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

it seems it is already out of stock for Cd Japan ;)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="Jérôme."]it seems it is already out of stock for Cd Japan ;) [/quote]
Yeah, didn't take long. They must have received a very small stock. Well, now I don't feel so bad for paying a lot more for my copy. XD
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

you know what? i think cdjapan put the pamphlet on stock because of me lol. they made a survey and i made some detailed comments about what exactly i would like to have from maaya sakamoto not available at cdjapan.
i mentioned the pamphlet at ids store and 1 week later they sent me a mail that they got it. unfortunately i already orderd it somewhere else but cool you all profited from it.

im still waitin for it to arrive lawl because the towel for example got just released at the end of april. i didnt knew that :(
and then there came golden week dammit! i will not check out all your links of the photos. i wanna see em when i got it and drool.

i hope the photos are all real and not artificial like deltafour thought. alot of celebs doin this kind of shit. ill rub myself dry with the towel imagining its maayas fluffy skin muahahaha. okay a woman shouldnt have fluffy skin i kno. i wont use it for that ill sleep with it like a baby LMAO kthxbai.

BUT damn that internetservice i used to get my hands on the stuff really made a fortune with me. i dont think i can afford to do this another time. aquisition cost + shipping cost alone 50€+!!!

i will stick to cdjapan in the future I HOPE.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

@gradualpetrify: I'm not saying the photos are all "artificial", just wondering aloud how much they get changed in the touch-up stage. I think Maaya would look best without any edits to her photos, but unfortunately I'm not the one who gets to decide that. Maaya herself may not even be the one who decides that, as she's too busy with recording/appearances/interviews and so on. I imagine there's someone at FlyingDog responsible for managing her public image, and he/she gets to decide which photos are used and how much they're edited.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
Tochiro

Post by Tochiro »

[quote="deltafour"][quote="offthelights"]I can't wait for the scans to this.[/quote]

Though I imagine you can find a full set of scans from a more disreputable source, I encourage you to buy a copy and show your appreciation for the hard work that went into this pamphlet. :) [/quote]

Not to sound like a quarrelsome old bore, but I have to agree with deltafour on this one - if at all possible, buy the booklet and support Maaya. I know what its like to be a poor student - not only was I one once, I was a poor student in Japan, where living is arguably more expensive than a lot of countries - so I can empathise with you. But heck, make it a birthday present or skip lunches for a couple of weeks - theres plenty of ways!
Having supported Maaya for 15 years now, 10 of them in Japan, I can tell you that its in no small part due to the support of fans like you and me that she has become as big as she has now. And this sort of publication is really rare - if we all buy it maybe there will be another one in the future (her 45th birthday perhaps? lol). Besides - scans of a magazine? Yuck.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="deltafour"]@gradualpetrify: I'm not saying the photos are all "artificial", just wondering aloud how much they get changed in the touch-up stage. I think Maaya would look best without any edits to her photos, but unfortunately I'm not the one who gets to decide that. Maaya herself may not even be the one who decides that, as she's too busy with recording/appearances/interviews and so on. I imagine there's someone at FlyingDog responsible for managing her public image, and he/she gets to decide which photos are used and how much they're edited.[/quote]

As a girl I can tell you that a little bit of make-up does wonders, even if they didn't touch up afterwards it might still look that way if the make-up artist is good. Although with Maaya's photos sometimes you can tell how much it's touched up by whether you can see her freckles or not.

Then the obvious ones like Hemisphere are photpshopped XD

I always feel relieved when I spy Maaya with a pimple though, on the nikopachi making of video she's got a couple and I'm like yaaayyyy sisterhood! :P I bet she's probably grown out of them now though.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

got my stuff WEEEEEEEE!
but i even had to pay some fkin customs dutys lmao!? 30€.........
that makes a total of 80€ only for acquiring it :(

first i wanna talk about the towel lmao. it doesnt really look like its new. it looks used xD but if maaya used it its okay <.<
its not a good quality i have cheaper towels at home with a much higher quality o.O
maybe they gave me the one they hanged out at budokan lol the used one because no one else orderd a towel jk.
1 side of it is even white and you can see the other side shimmering through. it doesnt smell that good either so she cant have used it!

but i wont use it anyway. i will just lay it on my couch or hang it around my shoulders when its cold.

now the t-shirt: quality seems okay and it fits. i hope it still fits after it got washed it for the first time :-O
not sure if ill wear it because i dont want to make it dirty but on the other side i want to make commercial for maaya so ill wear it!

the best thing is defenitly the pamphlet. holy crap i was never ever so excited in my life because of some photos like yesterday when i got it. im talkin about the photos yoko kanno made ._.
i bet i was starin at every pic 7-8 mins each drooling.

can any french dude say whats written on her t-shirt on page 54?
on the backside of the pamphlet you can see some pics of her journey in EU. but who made that pics? did she asked some guys there? cant be because that pictures look a bit like a setup. thought she went there alone.

yes i wont scan this pamphlet <.<
only i am allowed to see the yoko kanno pics <.<
to make you guys drooling and even more frustrated...........
maaya posing in a bed i almost got a heartattack.
and that gaze uaaaaaaa!

so if you are losers like me and did not go to japan thats the least you can do for her as present plz.
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

[quote="gradualpetrify"]first i wanna talk about the towel lmao. it doesnt really look like its new. it looks used xD but if maaya used it its okay <.<

can any french dude say whats written on her t-shirt on page 54?

so if you are losers like me and did not go to japan thats the least you can do for her as present plz.[/quote]
Congrats! /o/

Lol at that towel comment ^^;

Maybe you can take a picture of that page? O:

Thanks for the feedback on the items~

Ahaha well said! Can't wait for mine to arrive as well ;o;
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

"Je t'aime...moi non plus" is the French in question. I neither speak French nor trust Google Translate, so I will let someone else turn that into English.

Plus, a friendly FYI for everyone: the pamphlet will no longer be in the IDS! store after May 31st, so if you're thinking of buying it, now's the time to decide.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

There is a lot of french quotes in Japanese fashion recently, almost always awkwardly used.

This "Je t'aime... Moi non plus" means litterally "I love you... Neither do I". The second sentence is the reply of the loved one.

Initially, it was used in situation where one has difficulties to demonstrate his/her love to the other, and try to compensate or to be forgiven by telling an "I love you"... and then the other reply "neither do I" meaning "Yes, me too I love you, but I will not forgive you this easily".

Nowadays, it used as a self expression, describing a type of relationship where kindness is not at its top level.

But I really really think there is no hidden message in Maaya wearing this clothing ;)
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

sweet she loves me <3
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

That's fascinating, Jérôme. Thanks for taking the time to explain it. (Although I do agree with you that there's no meaning behind her wearing the shirt.)
TomoyoHime

Post by TomoyoHime »

Thanks Jérôme. Somehow I feel identified whit this frace :P

I don't think Maaya is about to pretend nothing, is not her style.
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

I finally(!) got my copy today! I was so anxious about it, thinking it might have gotten lost in the shipping process orz paranoia but yay it's finally here! *O*

@Jerome: That's interesting, thank you~ I think it may have no hidden message either. Maybe it's just a phrase she likes or sth? (On a related note, I'm not too fond of the way she looks in those photos—she looks weird? I'm probably just not used to seeing her like that ^^ ;)

Aaaa it really /is/ worth the money! Wish the small images are much larger (more pages lol) but it's good as it is too. I wanna scan the pages so I have a softcopy of this but I'm afraid I'll ruin the binding orz ;o; /torn I'll try scanning sometime, when I can afford the distraction~

I'll go back to flipping through the pages for the nth time now *u*
#F!

Post by #F! »

I can still buy this? The link for the pamphlet does not appear on the home page of IDs.

What can I do? I'll cry every day and night if I can't buy this... I had no money before, now I do. I hope I can still buy. Please help...