The Best Maaya Album 2010

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.

Which one is the best?

Total votes: 0
Merri
Posting Freak

The Best Maaya Album 2010

Post by Merri »

Last vote 2005 – 2010 TOP 3:
  1. Shounen Alice (35%)
  2. Lucy (19 %)
  3. Nikopachi (17 %)
Besides voting: why you chose the album you chose? How do you define "Best"?

Also: should this poll be made yearly, or should it update each time a new album has been released?
Last edited by Merri on 2011-02-05 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
ilcloud

Post by ilcloud »

i got the first vote.....

tune the rainbow,30 minutes, hemisphere, remedy and birds on an album....
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Everywhere =)

Make it yearly, should be okay..
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

This is surprising, Lucy is taking an early lead :P
StevensGeorge00

Post by StevensGeorge00 »

I just Registered to say:
Lucy (as my Vote) is by far the most beautiful album on Maaya´s carreer, such a nice lyrics, as inspiring as it could get , beautiful compositions and arrangements of course, with such a nice vioce as Maaya's, and i do believe that lucy is actually so big in the extense of the own word, i ,as an individual, have learned So many things from her (thanks God) maybe you´ll just think that i´m actually taking this too serious, but believe me, you can atually make a world of things from just a few songs, such a nice words, healing or inpiring, or even sad, but as my vote and my opinnion, I do believe that Lucy Is by Far the most complete (speaking emotionally and lyrically) is the exact amount of good feelings and vibes, SO many things!
My Personal Favourite is Life Is Good!
A big lesson to learn in just a few words, every day I hear it, and every day I do find a new Meaning... Life Is Good and does get better!

And of course - Watashi wa Oka no Ue kara Kabin o Nageru
A perfect moment to think..."what i had done for me and the others today?"

Lucy is just what i call "From A To Z"
Has everything an album or a person could possibly ask for something/someone.

Lucy contains the Joy of Life, The most Deep Nostalgia, The Biggest Pain for You; I see it just as the perfect contrast between sadness and Happiness...

I met Maaya this way, by this beatiful album, so my vote is for Lucy, because Life Is Actually Good!

I hope you see, it and feel it the same way!

Thanks So much For Reading me! :D
Every Morning IS a New Beggining...
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Lucy, again. But really its a bit of a tie between Lucy and Kazeyomi. As to why, they are the only two Maaya albums that I listen to from first to last without skipping a few tracks. And quite often I'll listen to a track a few times eg, Mameshiba and Remedy.
Jérôme.

Re: The Best Maaya Album

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="Merri"]
Besides voting: why you chose the album you chose? How do you define "Best"?

Also: should this poll be made yearly, or should it update each time a new album has been released?[/quote]

I think to make a new poll each time would be quite fair : it would show the evolution in time of the attract of each album regarding the others. I like the Idea.

Specialy because I voted Everywhere. As I said in another topic, I think Maaya-san and her staff have succeedly choosen a set of tracks well representing of her carreer, and without dead songs.

Of course, this set is not exactly my own perfect 30 best. But all belongs to my top 40. So yes, there is others songs I would have like to see on everywhere, but from every albums.

If you have to make someone discover Maaya-san works, or have to go with just one CD for a long trip... this is the real one you need.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="ilcloud"]i got the first vote.....

tune the rainbow,30 minutes, hemisphere, remedy and birds on an album....[/quote]

exactly !!!
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

I have the songs I like the most on my mp3 player, so if I'm needing a dose of Maaya I just put the whole list on shuffle. It's like a 100-track version of "everywhere". I have favorite songs, and there are times when I think, "I need to hear 'purachina'," or, "I can't start my day unless I listen to 'Magic Number'," but it's hard for me to think of Maaya's music in terms of albums anymore. Lucy is good, Shounen Alice is nice, and I like Kazeyomi, but rather than liking the albums per se, I like them for the songs they have: 'sutorobo no sora', 'uchuuhikoushi no uta', 'saigo no kajitsu'. I suppose I could rate all of the songs and pick the album with the highest average, but I know that overlooks the unique flow, style, and composition of each. Can anyone relate to this?
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

If I'm honest I'd say that I will put things on shuffle 9 times out of ten or listen to my favourites just because a song will match my mood whereas an album is more specific 'I want to listen to this album'.

I went with 'DIVE'. Recently I've really found it to be getting better and better. I wonder if that's because I never really listened to it properly before.

I was, incidentally, listening to 'Shounen Alice' on the train today and I remembered once again why it is a good idea to listen to albums straight through. Sometimes it's just really refreshing. But yes, I do shuffle things more often than not.

EDIT: I'd also say yearly, my preferences change with age XD
Lene

Post by Lene »

I voted for Lucy this time around. With the previous poll I voted for Shounen Alice because I listened to it a lot during my mid-teen years so listening to it brought some nostalgia feelings.

Recently I found myself just listening to Lucy quite often. And quite honestly I don't know exactly just what draws me into this album. Maybe sometime in the near future I can explain *shrugs*

My vote is for yearly also!
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I've also found that Lucy is the album I most often bother opening from case. If I need to pick a CD, I take Lucy. Of course Everywhere is out now and I haven't had the same chance yet as I don't listen direct from CD that often, but I also find Lucy to be the most important album in Maaya's career this far. Thus this grants the "best" in my eyes.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

what the **** i want to write **** and you close it lawl %&$§

You can write a response here – and please, not that much bad language at once -Merri
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

**** so i can ****** and maybe **** * ***? jk :)

probably writing through the night again till i doze off. hearing the drunken souls from afar. drowning their pain.

shippo: she likes the statement not to take the music too seriously?
guess im a serious guy then. this song is defenitly not serious lol.
the background is so clumsy. i get odd feelings listening to that background. "Everyone sees a different sky" everyone sees what they want to see. but what you want to see is almost never what you get.

truth & lies... tiring. she dont likes psychically tiring stuff like most.
i like it. im a seeker. grade 3 ---

yubiwaaaaa 23: a serious song <3. i like the beginning from the normal version a bit more. now the very first part is missing. still very similar.

while reading the lyrics: like dying and reraising? hard to believe. most partings are not like that <.<
while listening to maaya singin the lyrics: no one in the whole world can sing as authentic as maaya. i believe it. grade 1 for the pink view.

ongaku: describes me quite a bit.
is that a percussion at ze beginning? it makes me sleepy x.X
no wonder in the middle of the night. gRaDe 3 - - -

uaaaa i fall asleeeeep zzzZZZ
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

OK, I'm putting in a vote, seeing as Maaya read my letter about my favorite album of hers on today's Vitamin M (yay!). I'm going with "30minutes night flight", since it's the only one I can listen to all the way through without feeling like skipping songs, and it's the only one I think is more than the sum of its tracks. I feel like there's something extra you get from listening to this entire album from start to finish. Maaya's other albums don't quite give me the same impression.

I asked Maaya if she was planning on making another concept album like this, and she did say it's something she'd like to do, but she didn't give any hints as to what kind of theme she was thinking of using.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)