Budokan DVD and Blu-ray - August 2010 (mini site open)

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

But won't buying a blu-ray player cancel out the 1000yen difference by a lot? :lol:

Although seeing Maaya in high definition would probably make it all worth it.
TomoyoHime

Post by TomoyoHime »

Even I don't have the player, I already have a place to see it :lol:
HD rulez hahahaha

I always do the same, purchase something I can't use at the moment but surely someday will :wink:
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Ooh, I just saw from dillpops' CDJapan link that the Blu-ray version isn't region-locked... That changes things a little. I know someone who has a nice HD setup I could borrow, too -- I bet the Blu-ray would look nice on that. Argh, now I want both! Maybe if I go another month or two without using the A/C I can save enough for the Blu-ray version...
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]But won't buying a blu-ray player cancel out the 1000yen difference by a lot? :lol:

Although seeing Maaya in high definition would probably make it all worth it.[/quote]
I've been planning to buy a PS3 at some point, so this might be the incentive to finally make me do it. If I want to be cheap, I'll just get a blu-ray (bd-rom) drive for my PC and wait for another price drop on the PS3. ;)
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="deltafour"]Ooh, I just saw from dillpops' CDJapan link that the Blu-ray version isn't region-locked... That changes things a little. I know someone who has a nice HD setup I could borrow, too -- I bet the Blu-ray would look nice on that. Argh, now I want both! Maybe if I go another month or two without using the A/C I can save enough for the Blu-ray version...[/quote]
Even if the blu-ray version was region locked, it would not be an issue for you since Japan and N. America are in the same bd region. For blu-rays, there are only 3 regions. I didn't know that either until someone told me yesterday. :D

http://www.blu-raydisc.com/en/Technical ... Video.html
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="jason"]Even if the blu-ray version was region locked, it would not be an issue for you since Japan and N. America are in the same bd region.[/quote]

That's another happy fact I just learned today, although I found out from Wikipedia. Hopefully the whole idea of region locking becomes a thing of the past, since it was a ridiculous idea to begin with.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

will be my 1st blu as well.
the "we are kazeyomi" dvd worked on ps3 but was black & white because of my old tv ><;
had to watch it on media player classic till i had a new1.
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

Omg idk which one to get. I should decide soon ;o;
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

[quote="deltafour"][quote="jason"]Even if the blu-ray version was region locked, it would not be an issue for you since Japan and N. America are in the same bd region.[/quote]

That's another happy fact I just learned today, although I found out from Wikipedia. Hopefully the whole idea of region locking becomes a thing of the past, since it was a ridiculous idea to begin with.[/quote]
No, I think N. America is Region 1 and Japan and Europe is Region 2

And they wont stop it, sonce its build to be rediculous so that you can't import from cheap countrys.
TomoyoHime

Post by TomoyoHime »

^ This division works in DVD, Blu–ray regions are quite diferent —that's why I keep my lap in reg2, but is really anoying that it can reads all regions but only one at time =/
Another reason to purchase the BR, it's region–free.

btw, CDJ added a bonus poster
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

OK, will have to wait for payday and pre-order it this month *_*
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I placed my pre-order at CDJapan today *phew* that's a lot of money but I'm sure I'll forget all about it when it arrives later in the year!
jason

Post by jason »

New ID message on Maaya's official site about the concert video release, but that's the only update. Urg, need more info! Well CD Japan posted the set / track list on their site a while ago, but I'm aching for some sample videos.

Well at least I got all my hardware in place for the blu-ray. Bought a bd-rom drive for my computer and it works great. :D
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Haha, you're all set then! Yeah, what a tease she is!! I'd say we'll be getting the cover over the next two weeks...
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

I'm not sure if I got it right but these seem to be the bluray (white) dvd (black) box cover designs?

Image Image

More information on the release from http://natalie.mu/music/news/33731 \o/

<メイキング映像>
01. 1DAY SPECIAL LIVE "Gift" MAKING 01. 1DAY SPECIAL LIVE“Gift”MAKING
02. The road to Maaya Sakamoto guitarist!! ~ Get No Satisfaction! - Days 02. 坂本真綾 ギタリストへの道!! ~Get No Satisfaction!な日々~

Aaaa so excited! *O*