Budokan DVD and Blu-ray - August 2010 (mini site open)

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="Jérôme."]Did you bother contact them and explain them your point of view?[/quote]

All in good time. I still have some tricks up my sleeve.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I'm still rather surprised they weren't more heavy handed with their approach. The amount of English sites which have been sent cease and desist letters, I would have thought Flying Dog would have gone along the legal action route rather than 'Let's just add google translate, then they won't need to mirror the site'.

I'd like to think that was a good sign and they were sensible to realise that an English mirror wasn't hurting anyone. It would be nice to think it was something like that...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya's homepage has put up a new mini-site for the DVD release next month:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/live-gift/index.html

Why do they say 'memorial live' though, she's not dead :cry: So far the covers, tracklist and a link to Maaya's previous I.D entry about the live have been uploaded. But liner notes and a gallery are going to be up soon I imagine, looking at it.

The site also says this is the 'third wave' in the 15th anniversary attack! Wait...what were the other two? 'Everywhere' and...was 'Utsukushii hito' counted as part of the attack?

EDIT: have answered my own question. Yes, it was.

First wave: 'everywhere'
Second wave: 'Utsukushii hito'
Third wave: Budokan DVD

Are any of our forum members on the photo? :maayagrin:
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]Maaya's homepage has put up a new mini-site for the DVD release next month:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/live-gift/index.html
[/quote]
Yay, they finally updated her official homepage with a gift mini-site. The preview video is win. Also good to see Victor Ent. using youtube more (certainly makes it easier for people to spread their videos).
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

There's a preview video on there? I can't see that at all 0_0

Is that on a page we're not supposed to be able to see yet? XD

EDIT: 28 DVD first presses left at CDJapan if you've yet to pre-order!
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

YouTube link for the sample clip

Looks like the same plan as the Kazeyomi DVD site. At least the images are easier to edit this time around.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Ah, it's unlisted on Youtube, no wonder it didn't turn up when I was searching for it. Thank you delta :oops:

I'm watching it without the sound (does that defeat the point?) because I couldn't resist but then I know I must!! She looks beautiful! The concert looks amazing. The medley, the costumes, all of it. The massive pillow she seems to have attached to herself for the medley seems a bit wtf though XD

The short/dress combo for 'everywhere' is the best costume on digest. Stunning!

360 degree stage is also awesome...

I'm gushing and I didn't even watch it with the sound on!
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]Ah, it's unlisted on Youtube, no wonder it didn't turn up when I was searching for it. Thank you delta :oops: [/quote]
Well you should have still been able to view the video on the mini-site. Doesn't it show up on the bottom right for you?

[quote="dillpops"]
I'm watching it without the sound (does that defeat the point?) because I couldn't resist but then I know I must!! She looks beautiful! The concert looks amazing. The medley, the costumes, all of it. The massive pillow she seems to have attached to herself for the medley seems a bit wtf though XD

The short/dress combo for 'everywhere' is the best costume on digest. Stunning!

360 degree stage is also awesome...

I'm gushing and I didn't even watch it with the sound on![/quote]

Watching the video without sound seems like a bigger spoiler to me. We've heard these songs before, but seeing her perform them in concert is different. Anyways, Maaya's costumes were certainly interesting... ah who am I kidding, she needed a better costume designer. XD
But Hemisphere performance more than makes up for the wacky costumes. :D
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I like the present box attached to her clothes, black with red stripes :)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Ack, there are no MC tracks listed...did Maaya not talk between songs like at the Kazeyomi concert? Or did she, and they aren't including it this time around? Can someone who was at the concert please enlighten me? I'd be really sad if they cut out those segments -- I like them just as much as (maybe more than) the music...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="jason"][quote="dillpops"]Ah, it's unlisted on Youtube, no wonder it didn't turn up when I was searching for it. Thank you delta :oops: [/quote]
Well you should have still been able to view the video on the mini-site. Doesn't it show up on the bottom right for you?
[/quote]

No it didn't 0_0 weird! At least, it didn't at work but on my home laptop it shows up and the covers change between first press and regular now. I wonder if my work PC is limiting my viewing experience because I'm meant to be working! But while I do appreciate them using Youtube it does look a little messy on the minisite.

@deltafour: it might be that they haven't seperated them into seperate DVD chapters this time. I doubt Maaya would cut them since she seems to take what she says very seriously. Or maybe there wasn't enough space on the DVD...?
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

few days ago i thought "hmm just a few weeks till then. they should bring a vid of it soon." and BANG there it is.
i knew it. im a GeNiUs!

the costume she got while playing guitar is cute. colorful skirt and sneakers.
the white dress............... okay that skirt was placed a bit high on her hehehe.

okay i dont want to make the biggest talk here about costumes.
around 3 weeks till salvation. dont kno yet if this will leave an impression as big as the kazeyomi dvd.
the 1st time is always special.

but this is THE birthday concert. they would be pretty stupid to remove the MCs. hope not-
its 1 of the feeeeew opportunitys you have to "get to know her" a little bit better.

if everything works fine this little cd will save me for quite some months like the last 1.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

The sound seems very... VERY... clean to me. I was there. When there was the transition between Triangular and Yakusoku, the public was so loud it was difficult to hear everything...

I just hope they didn't make something too cold, and that the warm ambience will feelt in the videos.
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="Jérôme."]The sound seems very... VERY... clean to me. I was there. When there was the transition between Triangular and Yakusoku, the public was so loud it was difficult to hear everything...

I just hope they didn't make something too cold, and that the warm ambience will feelt in the videos.[/quote]

Sometimes on the We Are Kazeyomi DVD it felt like the balance between Maaya's microphone and the band was off and it drowned Maaya out a little. It's possible they've cleaned up the mix on this new DVD to balance the band/vocal music.

At least you have the memories XD

Now, tell me where abouts you were sitting so I can try and pick you out of the crowd :P
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

High floor on bottom right if you look at Budokan from upside.
We were just in a horizontal alley, so it may be easier to see us... But I didn't see any picture of this part of the crowd ?
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel: