Budokan DVD and Blu-ray - August 2010 (mini site open)

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

doubtfully.....
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

What stood out to me the second and third times I watched it was how amazing Maaya is with just one accompanying instrument. Of course having the full band is nice, but I liked the live arrangement of "Daniel" way more than the recorded version for some reason. And of course the medley with Kanno was golden. (The Tyrol Chocolate jingle is stuck in my head now, but I quite like it there.) Can we have more songs like this in the next concert please?

That, and I can't decide who wins the Awesome Award -- Ishinari or Sano.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

[quote="deltafour"]Of course having the full band is nice, but I liked the live arrangement of "Daniel" way more than the recorded version for some reason.[/quote]

Me too! I like the song much more since I watched the concert!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="deltafour"]What stood out to me the second and third times I watched it was how amazing Maaya is with just one accompanying instrument. Of course having the full band is nice, but I liked the live arrangement of "Daniel" way more than the recorded version for some reason.
[/quote]

I agree, I really prefered 'everywhere' with the piano over the band arrangement that came in after the first chourus. It was really, really pretty.

I think Maaya should film her fanclub events (at least a little) becaue last year's acoustic set was really, really nice. It had piano, cello, guitar and percussion and it sounded lovely.

I can't believe you've watched it three times already :lol: I've doen one full sit-down and watch plus skipping to my favourite performances.

I loved the opening with everywhere and then when the screens went up! The whole stage was really nice, actually. I liked the lights strung up to the ceiling.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's official, 'everywhere' brought a tear to my eye watching it back today T_T
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="Tomosaka"]No!
It is famous that Maaya's audience is too quiet.:cry:
Of other seiyu artists, such as Nana Mizuki and Yukari Tamura, audiences are more noisy. :D [/quote]

I'm sorry I hope it's OK, I didn't want to be harsh :)
I've been to concerts in Japan and was sitting near girls who didn't move nor scream, it was kind of frightening. So Maaya's audience reminded me those concerts...
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

for some reason, her voice was manly.. in the earlier part of Everywhere.. XD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="Megumi"][quote="Tomosaka"]No!
It is famous that Maaya's audience is too quiet.:cry:
Of other seiyu artists, such as Nana Mizuki and Yukari Tamura, audiences are more noisy. :D [/quote]

I'm sorry I hope it's OK, I didn't want to be harsh :)
I've been to concerts in Japan and was sitting near girls who didn't move nor scream, it was kind of frightening. So Maaya's audience reminded me those concerts...[/quote]

Maaya's fans are INFAMOUS for being like this :|

Last year she actually had to tell one of the fanclub audiences to get up and have a dance XD they just like feeling the music by sitting down too much.

Me and three Japanese girls had a whale of a time last year, so maybe it depends on who you are sitting with.

But anyone who has seen a Hello! Project concert knows that the Japanese fans (especially wotas) can go pretty hardcore crazy at concerts 0_0 the chanting, synchronised glow-sticks etc.

It looks like a lot of fun! Albeit sweaty fun...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I just noticed Maaya sings 'and leaves not a *taste* of the day' during the medley.

I guess that works too XD
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="dillpops"]I just noticed Maaya sings 'and leaves not a *taste* of the day' during the medley.[/quote]

It wouldn't be Maaya if she didn't botch lines here and there. I was disappointed at first when she drew a blank during "Purachina", but she missed the very same line I always seem to have trouble remembering, so I guess I can forgive her. :)
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

who cares about forgotten sentences

she was alot more overwhelmed in "we are kazeyomi"
the shirt i dont deserve to wear... kazamidori
less show... more feelings

still

no1 else
was able to make me so happy
within a few minutes of a song

no1 else
was able to make me so sad
after the music was gone

i travelled more places
than any1 else in the world...
at home

being surrounded by people
& still being alone

while trying to listen to others
its so empty

nothing ever mentioned
important to me

ive spent so much time with you
without you

looks like not in this life
too good to be true

just good enough to be a dream
i was the ball
kazamidori was the soccerteam

haha?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="deltafour"][quote="dillpops"]I just noticed Maaya sings 'and leaves not a *taste* of the day' during the medley.[/quote]

It wouldn't be Maaya if she didn't botch lines here and there. I was disappointed at first when she drew a blank during "Purachina", but she missed the very same line I always seem to have trouble remembering, so I guess I can forgive her. :) [/quote]

Very true :P for a moment I thought my DVD was broken but then I downloaded the mp3 rips someone else had made and it was the same 'ah, so it was Maaya not the DVD'.
#F!

Post by #F! »

Finally I watched the entire show, and it's awesome!

I love that song "Gift" so it was a wonderful begin for the concert. That dress was like a real gift for me...

And for me she playing guitar in Get no Satisfaction was the top of the show. Oh yes, she looks very beautiful now at 30, I think she is getting better with age.

I'm happy with this and I hope she will continue bring to us more works like this. Excellent!
dillpops
Posting Freak

RE: Budokan DVD and Blu-ray - August 2010 (mini site open)

Post by dillpops »

Watched this with my parents in the room yesterday as I took it home to watch on a bigger screen, methinks they liked the medley best. When happy birthday played they said it was pretty adorable (agreed!)
dillpops
Posting Freak

RE: Budokan DVD and Blu-ray - August 2010 (mini site open)

Post by dillpops »

Sorry to bump this again but what's the difference between the two audio tracks on the DVD version? Is one better than the other?...