Budokan DVD and Blu-ray - August 2010 (mini site open)

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Looks like it! I do really like the designs (especially the really spiffy black one for the DVD) but do you think the bonus poster from CDJapan is the same as the DVD cover again? Bah! XD

I'm excited though, even more so the closer we get!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/Information ... .html#news

Covers out. Although I'm surprised no one has been here to mention the fact that THE NORMAL EDITION COVERS ARE SO PRETTY! I hope the poster is of the regular editions ^^

edit: by the way, is it just my PC or is there now a 'translate this page by google' button on Maaya's page. Is that just my browser or has Maaya's page put it there?

edit no.2: noticed this at COMA and there isn't really any thread to dump it in but Maaya says CONRATS to CDJournal for reaching their 10th anniversary. http://www.cdjournal.com/main/cdjpush/-/2000000552
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

@dillpops: You mean the black one, right? I'm really fond of it myself *u* I'm tempted to get the normal edition for that shallow reason lol.

....I still need to save some more ;o;[/size]

Wao, congrats to cdjapan! \o/ I see the g!translate button on my page too O:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Ah it must be an official addition because there's a new link to Victor's terms and conditions which has English and Japanese...

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/attention/

Seriously though, why don't they just use deltafour's translation? The google button does a horrible job of Japanese, and he works on Maaya's site as a labour of love. Win win situation. Make it an official page, get good English, reward his hard work. THen they wouldn't have to be all 'omg copyright' because they'd still own it :P
slade

Post by slade »

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTBL-11 <--DVD
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTXL-2 <--Blu-Ray

It looks like the DVD comes with a poster, but the Blu-ray doesn't. What is that about? Any ideas anyone?
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="dillpops"]Seriously though, why don't they just use deltafour's translation? The google button does a horrible job of Japanese, and he works on Maaya's site as a labour of love. Win win situation. Make it an official page, get good English, reward his hard work. THen they wouldn't have to be all 'omg copyright' because they'd still own it :P [/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

Not too concerned about no poster for the Blu-ray, but I'm with you on the covers. The normal edition covers would look much better on my bookshelf. Maybe they're trying to lure people into getting two copies. Must resist...my wallet is not healthy enough to handle that right now...
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
#F!

Post by #F! »

Blu-ray will come with a poster, but now the first press sold out. When I bought my pre-order in Cd Japan, there was only 2 first press of the blu-ray with the poster.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I'm surprised the Blu-ray is so in demand though, I wouldn't have thought blu-ray as common as DVD yet...I'm so behind the times! But I wonder if the first edition covers are the 'tall case' and the inside will have the regular edition cover.
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

[quote="dillpops"]But I wonder if the first edition covers are the 'tall case' and the inside will have the regular edition cover.[/quote]
That was actually I thought until I found out what 初回 and 通常 meant XD
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="dillpops"]I'm surprised the Blu-ray is so in demand though, I wouldn't have thought blu-ray as common as DVD yet...I'm so behind the times! But I wonder if the first edition covers are the 'tall case' and the inside will have the regular edition cover.[/quote]
Blu-ray adoption is very high in Japan. I think even the recent Evagelion 2.22 movie sold more on blu-ray than dvd. In other countries, blu-ray is gaining market share at a much slower rate.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
jason

Post by jason »

[quote="deltafour"][quote="dillpops"]Seriously though, why don't they just use deltafour's translation? The google button does a horrible job of Japanese, and he works on Maaya's site as a labour of love. Win win situation. Make it an official page, get good English, reward his hard work. THen they wouldn't have to be all 'omg copyright' because they'd still own it :P [/quote]

My thoughts exactly.[/quote]
No offense guys, but if I was working at Victor Ent / flying dog, I would never use a fan translation. That's like an anime company using a fansub script for dvd subtitles. While the translation may be good, that's a risky idea.

Now if Victor Ent hired delta four as professional translator, that would be a different story / pipe dream. ;)
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
真綾~の~ファン

Post by 真綾~の~ファン »

Yup, the white cover is for first press blu-ray which sadly not longer available in cdjapan. This means no more poster and no more special white box with photograph collection :cry:
On the other hand, the black cover is for first press dvd which is still available in cdjapan, which means poster and 32-page all-color live photograph collection in a black box, a special ribbon in random colors of pink, blue and gold are availble. Hurry for those who haven't place an order yet.
Anyone planned to buy both of them? XD
It's kinda sad that the first press edtion of the blu-ray is no longer available. I really regret that I didn't manage to buy the 0331 pamphlet.
I so wanted to buy both of them for redemption, haha.
But I think I would take the dvd version since the first press is still available. :D

Now I'm stuck in university life, I have even less time to wander around here. Too bad.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

[quote="jason"]No offense guys, but if I was working at Victor Ent / flying dog, I would never use a fan translation.[/quote]

*sigh* True, true... But they should at least hire a human translator if they want to do a good job of it.

[quote="jason"]Now if Victor Ent hired delta four as professional translator, that would be a different story / pipe dream. ;) [/quote]

That'd be awesome, but I have to admit my current pipe dream is to get me one of those gold ribbons. I'm hoping there's some special prize besides the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you have something super rare. Like a Willy Wonka sort of thing, where there's five gold ribbons and the winners all get to spend a day touring the studio with Maaya... They should totally set that up.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
TomoyoHime

Post by TomoyoHime »

[quote="slade"]http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTBL-11 <--DVD
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTXL-2 <--Blu-Ray

It looks like the DVD comes with a poster, but the Blu-ray doesn't. What is that about? Any ideas anyone?[/quote]As the other said, Blu-ray fist press (初回) is now sold out.

[quote="#F!"]Blu-ray will come with a poster, but now the first press sold out. When I bought my pre-order in Cd Japan, there was only 2 first press of the blu-ray with the poster.[/quote]
When I purchase it only 3 copies left, maybe you were after me.

I was so worried to get fist press but finaly made it, now I'm one thousand mexican pesos poorer :P
Normal cover looks great, I hope they use the split cover like everywhere especial packing as did in the concert to get both.

Don't get sad for this deltafour, i keep looking at your translations :D
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="delta"]
[quote="jason"]Now if Victor Ent hired delta four as professional translator, that would be a different story / pipe dream. ;) [/quote]

That'd be awesome, but I have to admit my current pipe dream is to get me one of those gold ribbons. I'm hoping there's some special prize besides the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing you have something super rare. Like a Willy Wonka sort of thing, where there's five gold ribbons and the winners all get to spend a day touring the studio with Maaya... They should totally set that up.[/quote]

Well...
Did you bother contact them and explain them your point of view ?
Translate your good blog entry into japanese, and let them read it.
Send it to Maaya herself.
Open a poll or a visit counter on maayasakamto.com to show them the recognition you already have from the foreign fans.
If they have at least some interest in internationalisation, they should understand where is the best way for all.