New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 Covers Out

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
nijibug

RE: New Original Album, January 12 2011 release

Post by nijibug »

dillpops wrote: I think CDJapan got a bit excited though, their front page has 'New album with Yoko Kanno' which kind of implies it's completely Kanno produced like they used to be
*____* Oh please oh please let it be true! My heart would explode in a million tiny fireworks of happiness :heart:
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Read back everything that was said at the released of Everywhere, interviews and all, and you'll see it would just be impossible to get back at the Kanno period as it was.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Jérôme. wrote: Read back everything that was said at the released of Everywhere, interviews and all, and you'll see it would just be impossible to get back at the Kanno period as it was.
Not impossible, just put one of your old CD's in the CD player :P

Anyway, we already know from all that's been announced so far that there are other people involved in the album. It's just CDJapan being overexcited with their English and making it sound like it's a new Kanno-Maaya album. Nothing to get excited about :-/
jason

Post by jason »

dillpops wrote: Anyway, we already know from all that's been announced so far that there are other people involved in the album. It's just CDJapan being overexcited with their English and making it sound like it's a new Kanno-Maaya album. Nothing to get excited about :-/
I still hang onto a shred of hope that there will be more than 1 song with Kanno involved. C'mon Maaya, you know you want to work with Kanno! ;)
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

Merri wrote: Mission accomplished! *over dramatic evil laugh*
yeah.. u made it man.. splendid splendid job, merri ;)
nijibug wrote: This! I hope Utsukushii Hito signals a reunion of Maaya and Yoko Kanno that will last for more than that single collaboration!
i seconded.. not 3rd.. 4th.. your statement

and jason, agree about more songs by kanno in this album.. even if it's just 3 songs would made my whole day full of color :heart: :heart:

but hmm.. only utsukushii hito..? i wonder how many tracks will maaya include in this album... maybe another release at the end of year, teaser, something like that..? :D
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2010-10-17 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
jason

Post by jason »

kirei_lanford wrote: but hmm.. only utsukushii hito..? i wonder how many tracks will maaya include in this album... maybe another release at the end of year, teaser, something like that..? :D
As stated on Victor Ent's site, there will be 12 tracks on the new album.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

jason wrote:
kirei_lanford wrote: but hmm.. only utsukushii hito..? i wonder how many tracks will maaya include in this album... maybe another release at the end of year, teaser, something like that..? :D
As stated on Victor Ent's site, there will be 12 tracks on the new album.
i mean only utsukushii hito as the only single that precede the album *not counting magic number*...
Time sure flies.. i felt that it was just yesterday when kazeyomi came out.. :rolleyes:

and 12 songs?? sure there's a lot of chance for another one or two kanno-sensei's song.. :heart: :heart:

great news
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2010-10-19 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Album title is now officially “You can't catch me”. Also, more tracks announced today!

キミノセイ (kimi no sei, “Because of You”)
lyrics & music: Watanabe Kenji; sound produced by Suneohair

ゼロとイチ (zero to ichi, “Zero and One”)
lyrics & music: Shintarō Tokita; sound produced by Masato Ishinari

ミライ地図 (miraichizu, “Map of the Future”)
lyrics & music: Hidetoshi Sakurai; strings arrangement: Hidetoshi Sakurai & Tatsuya Murayama; sound produced by Hidetoshi Sakurai

Six down, six to go!

[EDIT: added original Japanese titles]
Last edited by deltafour on 2010-10-19 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
dillpops
Posting Freak

RE: New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 release

Post by dillpops »

Haha, nice to see where they got the tour title from. Did think it was a little random. Interesting she's singing other people's lyrics again. Was Kazeyomi all Maaya?...I forget. But yay!
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

dillpops wrote:Was Kazeyomi all Maaya?
Kazeyomi was 79% Maaya. "Vento", "Triangler", and "Colors" were the only non-Maaya songs on that album.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I wonder what's up with all the katakana.
Tomosaka

Post by Tomosaka »

"You can't catch me"...what does this title come from? John Lenon's song? though only Maaya knows it... :huh:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

babyhh at jpopmusic pointed out CDJapan has listed it as 'You can catch me' XD

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTZL-22

Bwahaha also luminaire is still impressed:
My goodness, so many more established names. Suneohair, Sukima Switch, Magokoro Brothers...... man, Victor/flying dog's really pulling all the stops out.
I wonder if this album will turn out to be quite different to what we've had before. Kazeyomi felt to me like a return to the 'spirit' of Maaya Sakamoto but perhaps this new one is an experiment in mainstream...?

EDIT: by the way, OMG DUDE FROM SUKIMA SWITCH IS DOING A SONG WOOO *_*
Last edited by dillpops on 2010-10-20 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

roxfan wrote: I wonder what's up with all the katakana.
Maybe she's going for a trendier, more modern look? Although looking back through her past albums, she does seem to have a thing for katakana titles.
Tomosaka wrote: "You can't catch me"...what does this title come from? John Lenon's song?
(Which was apparently a cover of a Chuck Berry song, although I didn't know this until Googling it after you mentioned it.) There could be some connection, since Maaya's mother liked the Beatles and played their records often when Maaya was growing up.
dillpops wrote:Kazeyomi felt to me like a return to the 'spirit' of Maaya Sakamoto but perhaps this new one is an experiment in mainstream...?
I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I anticipate a Yuunagi Loop type of album where she experiments with all sorts of different styles. I personally think she's casting about for a new direction, so an exploratory album makes sense to me at this point.
jason

Post by jason »

deltafour wrote:
dillpops wrote:Kazeyomi felt to me like a return to the 'spirit' of Maaya Sakamoto but perhaps this new one is an experiment in mainstream...?
I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I anticipate a Yuunagi Loop type of album where she experiments with all sorts of different styles. I personally think she's casting about for a new direction, so an exploratory album makes sense to me at this point.
I was thinking the same thing too. Maaya seems to be taking a similar approach to the new album as she did with Yuunagi Loop. But that makes me feel apprehensive because I didn't like Yuunagi Loop much at all.