New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 Covers Out

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
jason

RE: New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 Covers Out

Post by jason »

Whoa... now I'm REALLY hooked on Hitmitsu after hearing the intro.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Interesting to note on the 'listening' rankings on Victor Entertainment's page 'Eternal Return' is number one followed by 'Himitsu'. Has 'Eternal Return' been used in any promotion so far? I wonder whether it's more interesting in Chaku-uta than on the official preview.

EDIT: wonder if the title has any relation to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return
Last edited by dillpops on 2010-12-16 10:31, edited 1 time in total.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

dillpops wrote: Interesting to note on the 'listening' rankings on Victor Entertainment's page 'Eternal Return' is number one followed by 'Himitsu'. Has 'Eternal Return' been used in any promotion so far? I wonder whether it's more interesting in Chaku-uta than on the official preview.
I think it's just this is the first one on the list, so the first one people will click ;p
sachia

Post by sachia »

OMG, after hearing the ver 1.51, Himitsu has become my most-wanted song in this Album, after Tegami^^
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

ver 1.51 is something I made up because its not the complete song.. I also really love it..

My most favorite, that made me cried a lot.. is Zero to One (Zero to Ichi)
>> who also is a lover for Zero to One here? Yasashii hito.. it images a kind hearted person..

Thumbs up, Onnechan really lived up to my expectations for this one :)

um.. hopefully she comes out with another album later next year.. the tempo and mood is really strong now :3 ~ perhaps near the ending of 2011 :)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Imurann wrote: um.. hopefully she comes out with another album later next year.. the tempo and mood is really strong now :3 ~ perhaps near the ending of 2011 :)
duno.... I'd say, don't expect too much.
With the tour and everything, she will be quite busy in this 2011... without speaking of her work as Seiyuu too ;p

There has been 2 full years between Kazeyomi and YCCM, and its not even released you already expect something new ? xD
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

there's something she hasn't written yet.. Hopefully a single, shouldn't be that hard. Compilation Album like Nikopachi was nice, with a few new songs in it.. really love Kimidori when it was out at that time, the chasing invisible arrows thingy..

I heard she's doing Trigun Movie as well, awesomeness. mm.. is she doing the seiyuu work at home? like pre-recording, listens to it, then she records her voice into it, then sends it back.. interesting part time work if you tell me.

You could spend more time on the important things that you want to do. Perhaps learning new things..
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Waou !
The production of this PV is truly something else than her previous works.
Now I'm really curious about the lyrics of this one, and what all the symbols in the PV means... if they means something and are not here just for "good rendering" ^^;

And about her yellow dress................ well, I should already know Maaya-san like strange outfits ;)
dillpops wrote: Also, new interview for the album up here:
http://tower.jp/article/interview/73134
Yeah !
... uh ? it's in japanese....
this time we are so used to have the good translation of everybody I was surprised no to have it in english ;)
Last edited by Jérôme. on 2010-12-17 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Sorry, I only just found it and I'm used to just posting things up straight away here XD you can appreciate the photos though!
Last edited by dillpops on 2010-12-17 10:04, edited 1 time in total.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Nice, just got back home from work interview - got the job :D

Now to watch Full PV :3
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Congrats!!

EDIT: Music On! TV will be broadcasting a one hour special to commemorate Maaya's new album. Including an interview and overview of her 15 year career:

http://natalie.mu/music/news/42257

I wonder if it will be anything like the Maaya documentary that was on a few years ago? That was a really neat programme (despite her unfortunate hair cut)
Last edited by dillpops on 2010-12-17 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

A Comic publishing company, applied as a writer.

Really loving the new PV, thanks Dilly for sharing :D
Last edited by Imurann on 2010-12-19 04:11, edited 1 time in total.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Jérôme. wrote: ... uh ? it's in japanese....
this time we are so used to have the good translation of everybody I was surprised no to have it in english ;)
I'm halfway through the essay I'm working on now, so I'll see if I can translate this interview next week.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)