New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 Covers Out

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Imurann
Posting Freak

RE: New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 Covers Out

Post by Imurann »

:D

The best Ever.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

frecklegirl wrote: Overall, I think this is boring and forgettable. As some feared, it is Yuunagi Loop 2?
If i think back and ask to myself.. what exactly is the thing that made me addicted to maaya so much?? songs like "hikari no naka e", "kaze ga fuku hi", "dive", "gravity" appears... then definitely the answer to the self-question i made is music that is: 1. beautiful 2. artistic.
perhaps those are the 2 main answer.

Looking back at YCCM again.. hmm.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :-/
certainly some songs still hooked me up such as: himitsu, utsukushii hito, moonlight, topia but rather... different. Okay, maybe except utsukushii hito, everyone knows that this song is like a stranger among others. In a good way. But majority of the tracks doesn't have the original flavor that once pulled me like being pulled by a magic spell. i don't mind slow pace songs.. more than half, if not most, of my fave songs are moderate to slow tempo songs.. But, yeah, it's just that the music sounded more "general" today.. still good, but general... i mean without that distinct taste of kanno. here i go again bringing back kanno-san.. :P

Well, i just hoped she will continue the search of her own style of music and finally settled. having more and more composers and arrangers certainly not bad,.. but it's better if limited to as many as two or three composers and being more involved, so she could freely pour the spices and salts into the songs to the amount that she like most :D

Comparison to kazeyomi?? that needs some time...
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-01-19 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Thats a bit harsh frecklegirl but I see your point. Eternal return kicks it off really well but my attention fades around Zero and one. The end of the album just doesn't have the memorable songs that a lot of the other albums did. Its not bad it just lacks distinction.
Last edited by Kaimugen on 2011-01-19 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

sweet! first no1 album? coooooooooo!
ive listened to the album a few times now. in tegami you can really feel maayas joy while she sings.
i can almost see her smiling. directing the song to some1 she knew. she did a handful of goodbye songs now. i wonder if it always was the same person. i want numbers! jk
you can also imagine the song as the lyrics of the fans, directed to her & sung by herself.

down town & stand up girls give me a trivial mood. 2 songs i can switch off my (extremly huge) brain. but they dont have a special worth to me. (cause im a manly man and not a stand up girl?) cute english tho.

... i want a 2nd gravity song. a very good english song. what happened? last english song was colors? it had a nice sound but it had nothing to tell. or my (extremly huge) brain did not get the message?
colors raining down on me? lsd trip? jk wasnt her lyrics anyway ^.-

but generally i have a different feeling when i listen to sakamoto maaya since 2009 / magic number.
she still makes good singles like everywhere, himitsu, hito etc. but something changed.
maybe its just me ^.-

wazzat? whos that other woman? in that interview maayas voice massages your soul xD
i bet she tried to sound so affectionate on purpose <.<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipIky3byOYE
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

gradualpetrify wrote: ... i want a 2nd gravity song. a very good english song. what happened? last english song was colors? it had a nice sound but it had nothing to tell. or my (extremly huge) brain did not get the message?
colors raining down on me? lsd trip? jk wasnt her lyrics anyway ^.-
oh yeah, what's that song all about actually? :D
i vaguely recognize the words at some parts.. :P
colors is quite good actually. it got the vibe. but the song structure and whole composition still can't catch up to gravity,.. and again.. the lyric.

it's good that she receive first ever number one... even with 9k less sales compared to kazeyomi :)
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote=lampchopsuey]Sakamoto #1 with 27k
Her first #1 single or album in her 15-year career
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/rankmusic/83964/full/[/quote]

o.O
wait wait wait.... she was first ranked on weekly sells ?
that's really, really, really amazing !
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Jérôme. wrote:
lampchopsuey wrote:Sakamoto #1 with 27k
Her first #1 single or album in her 15-year career
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/rankmusic/83964/full/
o.O
wait wait wait.... she was first ranked on weekly sells ?
that's really, really, really amazing !

I know, it's crazy! After 15 years! Does that mean Maaya has 27,000 fans in total...?

Well, her best album sold more so I guess that means she has 27,000 fans who would be her album based on hearing two songs and a bunch of previews, but a lot more casual fans who would go out and buy all of her famous songs collected together.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Well, I think a lot of buyers are just casual listeners, not fans, that found Himistu promotion worth buying the album.
27000 fans, that's would be huuuuge. Well, depending on where you put the limit between a real fan and a casual "liker" ;p
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Well, I realllly don't think people would shell out on an album after hearing 'Himitsu' ^^;;;; it's good but it's not worth buying a whole album for one song...and Maaya does have enough fans to fill several halls for a tour. I mean, Budokan is massive and that wasn't even all her fans 0_0

I think if you added up all the tour stops for the 'You Can't Catch Me' tour it would easily reach 15,000.
Last edited by dillpops on 2011-01-20 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Yes... but you don't need to be fan to go to a concert, hopefully ;)

Anyway, back to the topic : OMEDETO Maaya-San !!!
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Talking about lyrics translations, where is No 5, 7, the Futuristic Map, and that very exotic No 12.

Ah, my all time favorite is still Moonlight + Zero2Ichi, listening em with a 5.1 audio system at home, full blasting it with infinite loops.

need to tune down my fan-obsessions somehow, we're getting old, need to mature up! XD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Imurann wrote: need to tune down my fan-obsessions somehow, we're getting old, need to mature up! XD
No.
To be fan is to be alive. ;p
Always Cheer Up what you love, this is the rule ;)
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

All of my pet sisters are sick with me, day in and out "maaya, maaya, maaya" XD

all wishing for me to get into a real relationship with someone.. ah, but music poetry is an art, love is an art..

Oh, you guys know right.. that she made 1 million dollars (average) worth of sales for YCCM!, that's six zeros in the back babey! XD
Last edited by Imurann on 2011-01-21 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Now, this is one poster I would love to get my hands on:

http://twitpic.com/3p1ili

Why didn't CDJapan have it T_T
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

http://twitpic.com/3p1ag0/full

Awesome! just nice.. XD

mm.. I feel proud seeing those pictures being put up there, a start for a brighter future :3