New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 Covers Out

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Imurann
Posting Freak

RE: New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 Covers Out

Post by Imurann »

@Rio/Kirei

It's just a song.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

deltafour wrote:
dillpops wrote: Following on from being number one, Maaya was featured on TV this week:

http://maayasakamoto.blogspot.com/2011/ ... ke-up.html
Wikipedia says she was in the 1994 dub of the 1985 TV movie version of "Alice in Wonderland" -- so she was 13/14? That could be an amusing watch in Japanese.

Funny how she spends more time looking at the floor than at the interviewer. She may be 30, but she's still shy when she's meeting new people. Quite a contrast from how she is in the "making of" clips on the concert DVDs.
i cant belive how she could met with maaya in a street just like THAT!.. must be arranged first -_
if i were the girl.. then it must be like.. *saw maaya from far* *approaches her with hurry* *maaya alarmed with the situation* *reach a hand to her* *faints due to excitement* *maaya run to the nearby police* XD
Imurann wrote: @Rio/Kirei

It's just a song.
i hope so...
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Event report from the album listening party:

http://www.m-on.jp/maayasakamoto/report.html

Maaya gave a surprise performance of Yasashisa... and Yubiwa ^^
Last edited by dillpops on 2011-01-31 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

regarding the breakfast show.
1) if i type sakamoto into google i get alot of ryuichi sakamoto.
10) what can you call her work in the first place? lets just call her THE VOICE!
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Starting to translate the album... "eternal return" and "Himitsu" both have lyrics that are depressing as HELL!! And, for that matter, "Kanashikute Yarikirenai" which by the end I think pretty much implies that the singer is committing suicide ("the green of the deep forest" made me think of that suicide forest). Creepy!!!!!
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

at times i just ask myself how much she can relate to songs like gravity. does she really have time to think too much about everything? but watching/hearing the budokan performance makes me think that she seems to be attached and/or understands the troubles of others.

her "making of" - videos are 1 of the few opportunities when you get the chance to see some private pieces from her. its mainly about rehearsal, but you also see what she dresses like in private or minor conversations. its not just the typical promotion talk.
i always had a bold impression. so bold that i imagined she could be a careless person. i tend to overreact from time to time. maybe because my defecit of "the maaya behind the show" - material is too huge o.O it was just some smalltalk with her staff, so what do i expect lol?

its understandable that you are not throwing around with your himitsus everywhere you go.
but mrs frecklegirl is throwing around with stuff like "singer is committing suicide" uaaaaaaaa!
that goes a bit too far :(
maaya you need to send me a message <.< ill cheer you up!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

ahh.. that thoughts come all of the time...
i mean it will be troublesome.. or in other word, worrying if every lyric that maaya wrote reflect her own life.. i certainly would not like that to happen. i hope they're just some work of imagination/thought... of course for the good things she wrote.. well, im all into it :D
but people should also realize that it's also possible that from all the depressing lyrics.. SOME might really come from her.. and that's why im constantly worrying her too... let's not anything bad happen, dear god.
i liked lyrics like "dive".. i hope she could still hang on into that lyric in her daily routines.. and also about "kanashikute yarikirenai".. i stopped a bit when reading freckle's post.. i mean, the song before it, "yasashisa ni tsutsumareta nara" has an extremely wonderful positive aura. so it's pretty much going 180 degrees from 2nd track to 3rd.. XD
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I kinda wish that she made 'the making' for Utsukushii Hito.. it's very sentimental, for all the YK & MS fans out here. We felt a connection with both fan-types (YK & MS Fans worldwide)

Perhaps a 1 hour special show~
(if that not so much to ask :P )

As for YK, I loved almost all of her works, including those gibberish languages ones.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Trailer for 'Kimi to Boku' out:

http://kimiboku-movie.com/trailer.html

No 'Tegami' in this one but the 'staff and cast' tab as a profile of Maaya and an advert for YCCM/Tegami on it :)
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

I finally finished the rest of YCCM!!! Here!
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Thanks Ohime chan!
I also think in the first part of Himitsu, was her first experience driving alone in her car..
Last edited by Imurann on 2011-04-11 01:56, edited 1 time in total.
#F!

Post by #F! »

Thanks for the translations!!!
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

dillpops wrote: Trailer for 'Kimi to Boku' out:

http://kimiboku-movie.com/trailer.html

No 'Tegami' in this one but the 'staff and cast' tab as a profile of Maaya and an advert for YCCM/Tegami on it :)
There's a new trailer with Tegami and the woman voice may be Maaya's (same url).
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I can't stop listening to 'Topia' *_*