New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 Covers Out

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Imurann
Posting Freak

RE: New Album “You can't catch me”, January 12 2011 Covers Out

Post by Imurann »

Lazy, I can understand that :3

if it was for holidays, I can second on that one :3

like visiting for foods, or knowing new cultures etc
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

maaya is at no.1 on daily album chart:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/

how much is 12.3k for 1st day compared to the previous releases..?
oricon xpert, anyone? :D
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-01-12 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

(lol, I couldn't keep away)

[quote=tetsuki from jpopmusic.com back in 2009]Actually, that's only the index, multiply it by 1.7 and her sales are around 15,734 for the first day Smile Even better, eh? :lol: I am really happy to see this album doing so well. "Yuunagi LOOP" sold around 32k in the first week and this album is already half way there on the first day alone.[/quote]

So Kazeyomi was about 15k but had a lot more singles behind it which always help. I can't remember how it did on the daily but going through the Kazeyomi thread it had first week sales of 36,061 and ranked no.3.

But look how much more it sold than the other new albums 0_0
Last edited by dillpops on 2011-01-12 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

the index thing was not used again since 2009 dilly. and i proved it when following mr.children album's sales last month :D

so, this album is a little bit less than kazeyomi then.. :/

anyway, tegami verse is so similar with that song from taiyou no uta (a dorama). And with kimi no sei chorus also similar to ichi ritoru namida's ost (another dorama).. i have a feeling that the guys from behind the songs are from dorama ost creation people XD

need to hear more this nite....
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

hehe, we got work to do.. XD

thank you, Dilly :3

PS- cant copy paste D: - Java-scripted again sigh..

Found : http://www.kasi-time.com/item-51701.html
Last edited by Imurann on 2011-01-12 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
jason

Post by jason »

dillpops wrote: EDIT: Also, is this not the worst picture of Maaya's arms ever? They look so bizarre 0_o it's the angle and sleeves but...weird! They look super short.
The photographer got a bad angle, and the dress doesn't suit Maaya either. But who cares about that... Maaya is still letting her hair grow longer. It will be a sad day when she cuts it short again. ;)

BTW, I should get my copy of YCCM afterall today. Looks like the delay was pretty minor.
Last edited by jason on 2011-01-12 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
jason

Post by jason »

Well I got my copy of the the album and have listened to it once so far. My initial impression is that most of the other songs don't come close to the greatness that is Himitsu. They really could release that song on a single and I think it would sell well. I've already listened to Himitsu over a hundred times from the PV, and I could listen to it a thousand times more without getting tired of it. I don't feel that way with most of the other tracks.

In fact I like Down Town more than most of the new songs (ironically it's a cover). Utsukushii Hito, Kimi no sei and Tegami are my other favorite tracks so far. Of course my opinions might change after listening to YCCM more.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I felt that.. Zero to Ichi is going to be a hard one to decode :3
very-very lovely.. my next fav to Moonlight
Last edited by Imurann on 2011-01-12 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
#F!

Post by #F! »

It's an excellent album, though a little inferior to Kazeyomi. I liked the beginning with Eternal Return, a song with great energy, and Himitsu is amazing and goes well in the latest style of Maaya. Down Town has always been for me a kawaii song with Maaya's voice, is not one of my favorites, but I like the PV. Utsukushii Hito is a beautiful song, I would like understand the lyrics. Other songs that I like: Zero to ichi, Stand up, girls! and Tegami, all good music. I liked the extra disc, I think they could put more songs, but I would prefer an extra DVD with the PV of Himitsu.

Excellent release, I would like hear these songs live, I hope your next tour out on dvd also.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Argh, what a surprise! My copy was waiting for me when I got home yesterday! First day anything has ever arrived so quickly 0_0

Will listen tonight ^^VVV

Very exciting! Also, they went a bit overboard with the packaging. Wrapped in plastic, an obi and slipcase and then the regular edition all wrapped in plastic with another obi inside of the slip case? What a lot of effort.

Sales dropped today, we're up to 17,512. But a lot of places are saying with her first-day so much stronger than the other releases she's almost definitely going to get weekly :heart:
Last edited by dillpops on 2011-01-13 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

:)

chu
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

Imurann wrote: I felt that.. Zero to Ichi is going to be a hard one to decode :3
very-very lovely.. my next fav to Moonlight
im starting to get into this song too.. yup. it's a nice song.. moonlight is awesome! :heart:
zero to ichi now surpass my liking to mizuumi and getting near to moonlight and topia. btween moonlight, topia and himitsu are very close now.. :S
top still utsukushii hito.

edit:
completely fall in love with topia. candidate for the best song together with utsukushii hito.. and himitsu a little behind
i made a video here:
topia
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-01-13 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I know lyric translations tend to be different depending on who translates them, but here are my offerings forMoonlight and Tegami.

This is a wonderful album. Mizuumi is the only track I skipped halfway through :rolleyes:
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

Got my CD today, the shipping was so fast ;p

I love the Everywhere piano-voice version, and am quite happy to be able to listen to the 31/03 medley and the Hemisphere performance :)

Tegami is my favorite song of the album, but it's damn too short ^^