Is Maaya ok?

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
sachia

Is Maaya ok?

Post by sachia »

I have just read news that today March 11,2011 an 8.9 richter earthquake caused 10 meter-tsunami in Japan, and thats the place where our Maaya-san lives. I wonder if shes ok now! So worried!!!
Last edited by sachia on 2011-03-11 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
gradualpetrify

RE: Is Maaya ok?

Post by gradualpetrify »

thought the same >< . shes on tour right now, so where exactly is she? the quake was so strong it shocked the whole country. begging for some positive news :( .
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's pretty terrible.

Don't worry, Maaya's due to perform in Fukuoka tonight at the opposite end of the country.

The problem is that the tour is due to go up north next week. She's supposed to play Sendai (where the tsunami hit) on the 21st but who knows whether the concert hall is safe or whether they'll go ahead. It might be that the clear-up postpones the Sendai date or they cancel it out of respect for the dead.

Who knows. It's pretty shocking though, the pictures of the tsunami rolling over the land are incredible. I've never seen anything like it.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

opposite site of the country... PHEW. i had so much fear in me lol. yesterday ive read a warning about an earthquake, but it said that it wont be that bad. i say fire the ppl responsible for that.
and no concerts until everything is 100% safe for her.
it was the 5th heaviest earthquake of all time in the whole world !
Last edited by gradualpetrify on 2011-03-11 11:01, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Yes, it's terrible!

Checking MIXI it looks like the concert is going ahead tonight without cancellation. Who knows about Sendai on the 21st though :(
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

the tsunami will probably hit indonesia as well. take care kirei.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Take care everyone in the area >_< let us know you're safe!
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

gradualpetrify wrote: opposite site of the country... PHEW. i had so much fear in me lol.
Maaya injuried would have been a terrible news for us indeed.

But there is a lot of people not safe right now, and I don't feel so much releaved at the moment...
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

umm yea, there are ppl not safe right now, true. even before the earthquake. somewhere else in the world, 24/7. sadly not in my influence.
so dont accuse me of insensibility.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

• The death toll has been rising throughout the morning. The death toll has been rising throughout the morning. Police said at least 60 people have been killed and 56 are missing.. But there are fears many more could be dead and police have just said 200 to 300 drowned bodies have been found in Sendai. A ship carrying 100 people was swept away by the tsunami, according to the Kyodo news agency. Reuters is reporting that a train is unaccounted for in coastal areas affected by the tsunami.
What a terrible disaster...
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

As far as Maaya goes, I think we can keep an eye on hashtag #maaya for updates and get information indirectly. The Fukuoka concert just ended according to @tatsuyaharu. (Maaya really needs a Twitter account for when things like this happen.) Vitamin M is prerecorded and (assuming it airs today) likely won't have any information.

But along with Maaya's safety I feel like I should emphasize that this is a global disaster and we should be praying for the safety of everyone involved.

I wish I could go help in person. Dallas and Sendai are sister cities, but I can't find any information right now about aid groups heading to Japan.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

reading it too, from your posted link. our government already offered help. thats what i call allies.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

its really hard to distract myself from today. almost on this site for the whole day. cannot do anything else.
but i guess i have to. ><
still happy maaya is safe. if you like it or not. doesnt mean im happy something happened to some1 else.
#F!

Post by #F! »

God bless the japanese people (and our dear Maaya) this was a terrible disaster.