New album 'driving in the silence' - November 2011

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
sachia

RE: New album - autumn 2011!!!!!

Post by sachia »

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MAAYA-SAN'S NEW ALBUM!!!^^
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

dillpops wrote:Especially with no singles to give a clue to what the sound might be.
Aside from the fact that this is so soon after the release of YCCM (Easy Listening did come out only a few months after Lucy, but EL was only a mini album, of course), I think this is the most surprising feature. I suppose there's a chance she'll pick up a single in the next few months, but two full album releases without any intervening singles is highly unusual. Could this mean every single track will be new?
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
sachia

Post by sachia »

deltafour wrote:
dillpops wrote:Especially with no singles to give a clue to what the sound might be.
Aside from the fact that this is so soon after the release of YCCM (Easy Listening did come out only a few months after Lucy, but EL was only a mini album, of course), I think this is the most surprising feature. I suppose there's a chance she'll pick up a single in the next few months, but two full album releases without any intervening singles is highly unusual. Could this mean every single track will be new?
i hope this new album will have all new tracks, but maybe they will remix some tracks(i think so)
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

sachia wrote:
deltafour wrote:
i hope this new album will have all new tracks, but maybe they will remix some tracks(i think so)
True, she does have a lot of b-sides around to remix for an album but I think an album of new material would be really great - it's just all so unexpected. I wonder what sparked her creativity off. Maybe the disaster in March and subsequent break in touring?
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Maaya is pretty good at avoiding needless self-covers and Everywhere is only 2 years old so it seems too soon for another compilation. Until more info comes out I'd be quite happy with a mini-album of new songs.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Kaimugen wrote:Until more info comes out I'd be quite happy with a mini-album of new songs.
Ah, that's right, they haven't said what kind of album it will be. We know from a comment she made in June 2010 that she has ideas for a concept album, so maybe we're looking at the next mini-album here.
dillpops wrote:I wonder what sparked her creativity off. Maybe the disaster in March and subsequent break in touring?
She did spend a lot of words on the topics of what she and everyone else can do as part of the recovery process, so I wouldn't be surprised if the disaster factored pretty heavily into the album decision. In that case, perhaps a portion of the album sales will go to the Red Cross. (Too much speculation?)
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
BluWacky

Post by BluWacky »

dillpops wrote: Hurraaaay. What does everyone hope she takes on from YCCM? I'd like it if she carries on with songs like 'himitsu' and 'kimi no sei' but I'd like it if the new album had less bossa-nova-esque/slow songs like mizuumi etc.
I'd love her to work with Suneohair again. Imagine a Waltz or Split for Maaya... and more collaborations with Kitagawa from Round Table are a must (Tegami is my other favourite song from YCCM other than the two you've listed). Oh, and Shoko Suzuki is a given with Maaya but stand up girls was a lot of fun :)

Bring back Kaori Kano and Haruna Yokota from Kazamidori! And obviously get a Kanno track in there somewhere if possible. Maaya doesn't have any opening themes coming up does she?

For a giggle, if there's going to be a cover on the album I'd love it if she covered one of the songs that Rachel Berry sings in Glee. I don't know if she could handle some of them - as lovely as Maaya's singing voice is she's not Lea Michele - but it would be fun all the same.
#F!

Post by #F! »

Great news! Well, I think this might be a mini-album with 5 or 6 songs, like 30minutes Night Flight.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Both of her mini albums so far (easy listening and 30 minutes Night Flight) were excellent, if it's anything in the same vein I'll be happy.

BTW, news on Kanno have been scarce lately. She's doing a theme song for the new Aquarion but is not confirmed as the series composer. I wonder...
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

It's near to that Month, November..

Sigh, even as how good I was at predicting, I will never know of the real future. It's exciting yet, perhaps nothing will happen. If something happen, hopefully is for everyone's good, not only for the few.

I will be waiting for it, I love her songs.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

I think it should be great to stop the Kanno thing each time a new album is up...

It's like saying there is no good work since the last 6 years. YK era was great. New era is great too.
And Maaya-san said often she wants to look forward and still growing. If she do continue to work sometimes with YK, it is for very specific stuff, and you can't expect a turning back in time.
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

^Good point.
A lot of my favourite songs are from the post Kanno period. And is it wrong to be irritated by the Kanno medley? Its ok once in a while but taking great songs and chopping them to bits is doing them an injustice.
Last edited by Kaimugen on 2011-07-06 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Confirmed: new concept album. Shameless copy:
The new album to be released this autumn will be Maaya Sakamoto's third “concept album”!

The theme is “Winter”.

Following the releases of “30minutes night flight” (2007) and “Easy Listening” (2001), Maaya Sakamoto’s “concept albums” have been highly popular for the perspectives they are built around, which are entirely different than her original albums.

We hope you’re looking forward to it!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Can't. Wait.

My favourite Maaya songs are always wintery (^___^)
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Winter? Her voice will suit that theme real well! I'm excited now :)