New album 'driving in the silence' - November 2011

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
ct760ster

RE: New album 'driving in the silence' - November 2011

Post by ct760ster »

Ganbare Banzai \(^_^)/
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

i dont have the album :/
got distracted with other songs the last few months. sometimes i think her label gets out of ideas.
saw some stuff in her current vids in old ones already. kinda gets worn out. they should focus on making vids about the actual topic of the song, & less on "making a neat vid".
tell me the story in your vids lol. be authentic.

sayonara santa also doesnt sound like what its actually all about. surprising to read about goodbyes again. like a millionaire singing about being poor. other songs sound refurbished or the melody is not haunting me. maybe i just did not spend enough time with it.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Sayonara Santa
Homemade Christmas
Kotoshi Ichiban
Tatoeba ringo ga ni ochiru you ni
Kyoku-ya
Chikai

Comments/corrections always welcome as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing Frecklegirl's as well :heart:
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Oh! Domo Dilly chan, T_T finally time to understand it..

Reading the first song, already placed a small smile in my face :)

After being able to understand the song, just being myself.. as a guy, I just listen to what I want to hear.
I could not understand much about the woman's feelings and emotions, but will try to appreciate it non the less.

I can verify that most of the songs she wrote are directly from her emotions, very personal indeed.
It's rare to see, that someone as establish as her to share such hearty feelings with her listeners.

And.. it's also decorated and dedicated to the girls, not to the fanboys. Real guys could never understand a girls' feelings XD
Last edited by Imurann on 2012-02-29 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

That small pain in the heart, like a tiny thorn tinkering in the blood veins which flows within the heart when listening to Chikai.. but letting go is also an option, fighting is also an option.. going forward or backwards, what matters.. what really matters?

Friendship perhaps, I have seen enough that the world's been burn into flames.

That matters the most to me now, peaceful friendship.

< Venting post >
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

@Dilly.. could you translate "Buddy".. just a small request :3
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

There's simply another hidden meaning behind it, for some reason I just cant access it. It's too heavy, that's one thing that I can confirm, like when we bring down the perceptions from watching the Last Exile Fam series, or even her personal views, and taken a step to link it with Himitsu or other fast pace songs. It could be, altogether a stand-alone complex song.

Door of insanity, is just an inch away ~

The mind of the protagonist does not go one way with the antagonist, as she questioned his actions a lot in that song. Past? Future? Going into that area? and so forth. What a funny relationship, when you think of it.

Is it even a relationship? :D

Plus it has already been a year, I've been riding my chopper bike.. yeah the needle is shaking near to Red Line. Not exactly a Harley, but some Japanese Kawasaki bike, Kawasaki Eliminator 175 (perhaps modified). It feels like riding the winds. ~ not sure if you guys here goes riding, but I kinda do it on a daily basis, the chopper was made to ride slow (120-140kmph max) cruising the winds and all.

Yet, I feel there's still something hidden~ mind bogging XD
Last edited by Imurann on 2012-03-21 05:46, edited 1 time in total.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

I wonder why she felt embarrassed performing a Christmas song as a Japanese person.
Why shouldn't it be okay? Everyone can do it as long as you don't deny what stands behind it.
I was positive surprised when I read the songname on the album. It doesn't sound like a Christmas song, especially when you don't understand the lyrics, but still nice.

In 2 days it's her birthday again. I bet the limited-time present reception area on the official goods site
will be for national fans only, so I have to pass I guess.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

OK...I'll be the first to admit it. I listened to this album again yesterday. In spring. I was weaaakk >_<

There's no way I will be able to resist listening to it until next winter T_T
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Hm, my love for Chikai grows strongly now.. hm..
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

Some PV's got partially uploaded on her YT channel today. I did not see "Driving in the silence" before. The PV itself is several months old. Must've missed it somehow. It was kinda nice. I like castle themes, the calm country road was relaxing, the expired hourglass made me a bit contemplative & seeing her with a rosary was sweet.
Last edited by gradualpetrify on 2012-09-21 15:03, edited 1 time in total.