Maaya's official site - time for a revamp?

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.

Do you want Maaya's official homepage to be renewed?

Total votes: 0
dillpops
Posting Freak

Maaya's official site - time for a revamp?

Post by dillpops »

I love Maaya's official site, I really do. It's cute, simple and sweet - just my type of design.

But...it's been like that for, what, ten years now? And they've stopped updated the news section in favour of a really annoying pop up window to another service on Flying Doc Inc.'s website. They also have that ugly google translate button. So! Is it time for Maaya's website to be updated for 2011/2012. With a new album coming up it would be the perfect timing...

Would you like it to change? What sorts of website would you prefer? Improvements? Things you would like to keep? Since we can't do anything, let's think of this as just a fun discussion on web design and how awesome Maaya's site could be in future :angel:

Personally, I think they are making it difficult for themselves with the all the pop-up windows. I think perhaps a website design that is easier to update would be better. Although, perhaps it is to save money by having all the news looked after by one team on the Flying Dog website instead of someone responsible for Maaya's site. An example I really like is Utada Hikaru's website, it's *ahem* very 'simple and clean'.
Last edited by dillpops on 2011-07-15 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
deltafour

RE: Maaya's official site - time for a revamp?

Post by deltafour »

dillpops wrote: But...it's been like that for, what, ten years now?
Pretty much forever. If you look at the Wayback machine at archive.org, it's hardly changed at all.
dillpops wrote:With a new album coming up it would be the perfect timing...
Funny; I thought her 15th anniversary was perfect timing, but that came and went... :-/

I'm all for a new site. (But let's not tell the web folk at JVC, or it'll turn into some monstrosity packed to the gills like the main site.) So let's start by saying the 90s called, and they want their frames back. Oh, and pictures! Like from her recent concerts, or just random "What's Maaya doing this week?" type of eye candy.

The discography could be way awesomer with more focus on the cover art and a snazzier display method.

Better and larger type, anyone?

But the design needs to stay simple. Utada Hikaru's site is indeed a great example to go from.
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

they should make a chatroom maaya visits every couple of days & only i can join. the site should be in german only, with personal greetings from her to me on freshly released news. upcoming concerts should all become private for the person able to enter the chatroom on her site, with a pole on the stage. :heart:
they also need an amount of sweet pictures to catch me into her spiderweb.
the routine of a charming gaze prevents to keep a clear minded head.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Great ideas, deltafour!

And...er...well, I think you'll have to keep dreaming about those updates gradualpretrify XD
jason

Post by jason »

Hey my fansite hasn't changed in 10+ years too. :P

Anyways, I don't really care whether or not flying dog redesigns Maaya's site. As long as it's readable, I'm not picky. Well deltafour has a good point about the frames, lol. Those really need to go. ;)
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

I can't remember the old website anymore XD I think it changed for Easy Listening. I just remember that I was shocked because of the new layout.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

the font which is used for "hikki's website" at hikki's... website.. is pretty darn good!
and about maaya's website, i don't even know the previous design myself :S
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Megumi wrote: I can't remember the old website anymore XD I think it changed for Easy Listening. I just remember that I was shocked because of the new layout.
Woah, you remember it changing?? That's crazy, I don't have any memory at all! Although, now that I think about it - I'm sure your site was already around when I became a Maaya site. I used to visit your site and Sora's site all the time when I first became a Maaya fan.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

old times... the first site i knew is jason's site (coz it has that simple address no one can ever forget lol)
then i saw sora's site, then meg's site, dilly's site about the same time.. then freckle's site. Splendid job everyone.. really lot of time spent... XD
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

maayas hp should also consist of a big heart wit M+M engraved <.<
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

dillpops wrote: I used to visit your site and Sora's site all the time when I first became a Maaya fan.
Woooow.
It was 10 years ago...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I think Maaya's news page has gone a little crazy with the Tweet and Facebook buttons, when you scroll down to look at the magazine and radio appearances every single one has it's own tweet/facebook like button...that's a little over the top.

It's good for the major news items though, like the single news and album release info. I approve!
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

Well, but the single and studio albums mini-websites are great! :D
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)